bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 25, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by BIgGmomma48 on Apr 25, 13 5:33 PM
help, i cannot seem t get the ramrod to clean the fountain outlet. i am really stuck. i went to my strategy guide several times t n avail. i can't go forward anywhere. please help me. i am so frustrated with this game.

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by mariaedyce on Apr 26, 13 8:49 AM
I am stuck at the same point but have you found the bowl for the water as I cannot find it

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 26, 13 10:04 AM
Hey there BIgGmomma48 and welcome to the Pond mariaedyce!

I've checked through the Forums and have found that Hespera posted some helpful tips for getting through this part in the Stuck - Chapter 6 - Statue's Elbow thread:

Okay, along with the statue's hand, there is also the statue frame and a statue part (I forget exactly what it is called, but it looks like a green jewel and it goes on the elbow joint).

If this doesn't help with that particular part, and the in game Strategy Guide is of no help either please go ahead and contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will do everything they can to get that working!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by luchok on Apr 26, 13 6:30 PM
Anyone having trouble with this game in Windows 8 I got a new laptop with Windows 8 and this was first game I downloaded to it. Starts fine, he walks to bench, sits down, takes out letter, reads it, scene cuts to his face and game freezes. Restarted several times and same thing happened.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 2:18 AM
Hi luchok,

Sorry to see you had this trouble - how frustrating to have this happen on a brand new machine.

From my experience though, it is not uncommon to have a few minor updates you can perform on a 'fresh out of the box' machine.

Because a freeze like you described indicates that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by stardust1394 on Apr 27, 13 3:13 PM
Hello all,
I am stuck at the part where I'm supposed to wrap the towel around the horse's hoof but the towel has somehow disappeared from my inventory. Can anyone help me please? I am getting very frustrated. Thanks

[Post New]by Sunshine2104 on Apr 28, 13 11:49 PM
I am not getting a counter weight for the statue when I click on the proper area on the fountain. Any ideas? Or is anyone else having this issue?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 2:20 AM
Hi Fisheis,

stardust1394 - Welcome to the Pond!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

Sunshine2104 - you could try clicking 'around' the area of interest or pressing the hint at this point and then clicking exactly where it indicates, as sometimes, the hotspots that trigger reactions in the game are not quite where we imagine them to be - I have had this happen to me a lot!

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 1, 13 2:15 PM
we love the game, have all of them. . Love the graphics, the storyline, the puzzles, and the HOG scenes. we recopmmend this game to all HOS lovers... we give it a 4 out of 5 what a great game. ----------------------doug & lisa.......................

[Post New]by melsimmons on May 5, 13 2:56 PM
How do you use the "Scales of Justice" to decide who to arrest?

[Post New]by MrsElls on May 16, 13 11:03 PM
Hi, i can not find the box for the mushroom/hedge hog BOX need help Please." ELLS"

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 4:02 AM
Hi MrsElls,

Welcome to the Pond!

I haven't played this game yet hence, I am not too sure where that box is!

I would suggest having a look at the built in game Strategy Guide though to see if there is any indication of it's whereabouts included in that guide.

You could also try the hint button, even if it doesn't lead you to the box directly, it following it, will help put you on the right path!

However, if the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Ekaterina1232 on Aug 29, 13 11:51 AM
Do you know if the game is going to be translated into italian, like the previous ones of the Dark Tales series?

[Post New]by tattooedmommy73 on Feb 16, 14 1:51 PM
I'm stuck where you have to cut the Buddha form. I sharpened the knife but I can't cut the thing. Help please

Aquarist
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Aquarist on Feb 22, 14 7:03 AM
I have been playing this game for a while and had got into the city and into the mayor's house, then out again and continuing. Today, I moved the game icon from my iPad Air's desktop into a folder and, when I started to play again, all my progress had been lost. Is that what happens if you move the game? It is extremely annoying.

Can't seem to give you folks my money

[Post New]by ralphdn on Mar 30, 14 2:27 PM
This is the third Poe game now with which I've gone through the same nonsense. Goal: Purchase the game in a form which allows the use of the Strategy Guide.

Right now it's the Masque of the Red Death. Here I am, rubbing my hands together .. "Ah, we've done this before, we know how to do it now .." I search for it, but the Collectors Edition version is not offered to me, and not shown in any lists. Since I have already purchased the "normal" version of the game (I was offered the entire Poe series before I knew what a Collectors Edition is; I still don't) I start out, then attempt to order the Strategy Guide from within the game. No apparent problem, I get offered the option right away. Or at least I get offered the joy of clicking on the words "Strategy Guide" from the option "more info" within the game "Masque of the Red Death."

This is followed by my PC going through contortions, screens flashing up and disappearing .. judging by the fireworks I thought I was already in the game, but this was just the reaction of my wanting to do something as exotic as click on "more Info" and then try to select the Strategy Guide. And when I try again to buy it I get the message, "Oh, you've already bought that ...."

So here I am, still no luck. I assume that I as yet do not have the Collector's Edition of the game, but I have selected and ordered the Strategy Guide nevertheless, although I can't use it.

Please define for me clearly, in cookbook form, the steps required in order for me to enjoy this game as much as I've enjoyed the others so far; how to buy it, and in what order the modules for the Strategy Guide and the game should be started .. maybe then for the next game without all the software chaos .. ?

Edited on 03/30/2014 at 2:42:15 PM PST

Go to: