bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 13 1:17 AM
DL is terrible!!!

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Apr 25, 13 1:22 AM
Very slow download. One hour and only 11%!!!

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 25, 13 1:28 AM
Download for me is atrocious. This is the same every week and it's so frustrating and just not right, Like others on here I am at 11% after one and a half hours.
In my humble opinion all these problems started once the new streaming and updating of the games manager began.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 25, 13 1:28 AM
UK, W7, 1 hour 24 minutes and 11%. The games for the last 4 days have downloaded in minutes - Masked Intent took 8 hours and it looks like this is going to match that. I am now keeping a log on download times, which I have had to alter today to allow for this games ridiculously long name - it took longer to type than the download! I know it's a series but really!

Off to work now, so I will see what happened when I get back in 7 hours - something tells me it will have timed out.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 25, 13 1:29 AM
May be there is time for BF to hire the services of a private server and give us the link? I know a server that gives 1.15 MB per second...

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 25, 13 1:38 AM
here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!! yet ANOTHER slow d/l. i know BF keep saying about file sizes etc but we never had this problem before.
Me thinks we are being fobbed off - it is so frustrating
why oh why is this happening now?

[Post New]by perholm0307 on Apr 25, 13 1:39 AM
Slooooooooooooooooow! Second time this week. Please do not suggest us to send a Dr. Felix report. Use one of the thousand other you may have recived the last month.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 25, 13 1:44 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that some of you are experiencing slow downloads again .

As advised before, please keep reporting these issues to our Tech Support Team and also include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message!

Right now this is the only way for us to look into this further so please lend us a hand so we can make sure that your downloads speed up again in the future!

Please mind that slow downloads right after the release of a game could also be connected to the server you are connected to. When a game is released, each region usually accesses a certain server. If you are one of the first to download the game the servers usually still need to set up the download for this particular game. As soon as this has happened the following downloads will be faster.

Thank you so much for your patience and help!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 25, 13 1:50 AM
Always the same answer!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 25, 13 1:52 AM
Very true, here we go again, and again BF offer to help by letting us tell their tech 'support team' all about it, like people have been doing for months and months. They will tell you to make sure nothing else is running and to reboot stuff, but nothing that could possibly fix the download problem because IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR PC'S!
There, that's better, rant over until next time because despite all evidence that BF have a download problem, nothing will change.

Oh, and, 1 hour 50 mins @30%

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here o

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 25, 13 1:56 AM
Same problem here. Only got to 9% after 1 1/2 hours. Blaming the server is a load of C**P. Everything else I've downloaded has done it in minutes. I have a good download speed and no restrictions .Big Fish is the only site I've got a problem with, and it's only been the last month or two?
I also agree that DrFelix is not going to solve it. I think it's your end not ours.

Will try again later but not holding my breath!!!

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 2:03:57 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 25, 13 2:01 AM
Heya again Fishies,

We are aware that our replies in the Forum can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately though we don't have the possibility to collect your information here or investigate the issue, only our Tech Support can do this .

So while it seems to be always the same procedure this is the only way for us to get valuable information as to why exactly these problems appear on either end. We are definitely looking into this but to pinpoint the issue and improve your download experience, please contact our Tech Support Team.

Thank you so much to everyone that has done so over the last weeks!

bfgBiwa

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 25, 13 2:04 AM
The trial downloads fast for me but won't validate after downloading. I have tried three times and no luck.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 13 2:08 AM
The full game downloaded for me in 4.37 minutes. No problem with installation or activation.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Apr 25, 13 2:09 AM
My DLs usually go VERY quickly - this one is plodding along, but I'm glad to hear it's just a slow DL.

However, let's please not diss BF or their tech support. They have the best customer service of any retailer I've ever encountered and their techs have actually called me - in BELGIUM - to help me clear up any issues I have had in the past. They are consistant and they work with you until you find a solution. No, I'm not sucking up...but when you live in a country where customer service is pretty much non-existant, believe me, you learn to appreciate the level and length BF goes to ensure quality CS to their gamers.

Pam

[Post New]by ssandygirl on Apr 25, 13 2:09 AM
The game downloaded ok, but the cursor would not go where I pointed it.... I downloaded it twice and both times the cursor couldn't be controlled enough to put my name in the the name space.

Fix it and get back to us.

[Post New]by skjalk on Apr 25, 13 2:19 AM
I haven't experienced any technical issues with this game yet, but after having read through this thread, I thought I would put a little perspective on things.

In my part of the world the new games usually becomes avalable at 9.00 AM. I bought this game at 10.40 AM. At 10.57 AM the game was activated and ready to play on my 7 year old desktop computer using a 20 megabit download speed.

I had to download and run the installer twice before it began downloading, but apart from that everything went smoothly.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 2:22 AM
Hi Fishies!

I'm glad to see that not all have been affected by the slow download but that certainly doesn't mean we don't want to help those with this issue.

Because there is little we can do via the Forums, bfgBiwa's advice above is what you should follow if you are experiencing consistently slow downloads.

MsFreddie - I can only assume that something is blocking the activation of the game! The thing to do here is to make sure that your protection programs recognize Big Fish applications as safe and the advice in the help article here will help you to make that adjustment.

ssandygirl - with a floaty cursor issue, those types of problems can have different causes. The most common causes are out of date software programs and drivers, so if you haven't tried updating those, you can take a look at our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Of course, if anyone would like some more assistance we would be glad to provide some. Please feel free to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at your issue with you!

Finally, je_peche, thank you for your kind message, as referenced, the last thing we want is for you to be left with a game you can't play so please do contact Support if needed.

Hoping this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD SLOW

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Apr 25, 13 2:35 AM
Well well what a surprise 21% and over 2hours yet another slow download can't wait to play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: