bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Stones of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 12:56 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:Post any Stones of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Apr 25, 13 1:24 AM
*hysterical sobbing*

I downloaded, opened and tried to enter my name, the custom cursor didn't respond, just jumped around a little, I kept typing away and was only able to get one letter in (not even the first letter lol) finally had to go to the task manager to get the game closed.

Anyway I'll check back and if others can get it to play and say it's great I will uninstall and reinstall ... MAYBE ... generally speaking if a game doesn't play for me the first time it's toast, but this one looked good.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 25, 13 1:54 AM
Heya Mojave_Rain,

How frustrating, I'm really sorry to hear that you can't even enter your name!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that uninstalling and reinstalling fixes the problem for you so you can enjoy the game!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

labrat33
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by labrat33 on Apr 25, 13 8:36 AM
I cannot open this game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results:
Game loads, I press "play", screen goes black and reopens to suggest I play again. The time remaining stays at 60 minutes. ???????????

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 25, 13 10:09 AM
Hi labrat33!

From your description it sound like the game is crashing. Not to worry, often updating the video card driver can help to get the game playing properly! (Just click on the blue text for instructions.)

One of our Reps from Tech Support will also be happy to take a closer look and offer some more specialized steps. Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by cassiesnanna on Apr 29, 13 2:47 PM
I can play the game but when I want to play the game I have to start over. I tried adding a player to the game and I get nothing. I can not add or remove anyone. Under another profile I got to level 12 but the game would not progress past that level. I kept have to start at level 12. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. That does not help the the problem. I really like the game. I just wish that it worked properly.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 29, 13 3:06 PM
Hi cassiesnanna,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! Sometimes issues like that can be caused by a lack of permissions for data to be saved to your hard drive. Our help article here goes over that in a bit more detail if you'd like to take a look:

Game Not Saving

If the tips there aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look into that further for you.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: