bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Stones of Rome

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 12:58 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Stones of Rome ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Stones of Rome page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Stones of Rome

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 25, 13 12:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Apr 25, 13 7:33 AM
I like it. I bought it. It is different from the usual M3 game but close enough for my comfort zone. Some strategy is definitely required but so far it hasn't taxed my poor brain. Three of a kind is required but the pieces are added from the four sides of the board. It becomes progressively more challenging as extra colors are added but there is no timer (yay!) and the music is soothing, what I think of as "medieval string music," so I don't feel like I'm clenching my jaw while playing. As always, it is best to try it and see if it is for you.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 25, 13 10:06 AM
Nice strategy game. Not overwhelmingly hard. No timer. I really enjoyed it.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 5, 13 9:36 AM
It's not really a M3 game; I would call this a puzzle game. Starts out baby easy, but gets hard fast. Got to level 15 in the demo before buying, but I am currently stuck on level 20 out of 30 initial levels (there are more after that, but don't know how many). You have to clear out the pieces in the center by matching up 3 of like colors using the pieces from the four sides. Depending on how you set stuff up the cascades can help you out or be a pain. Everything in the center has to be cleared out in order to win, including any pieces that you added into the center. No timer, which for once I was thankful for (usually I need to have a timed game for it to be hard enough, but here that's certainly not the case).

I thought the interface was a little primitive with seeing the title screen between every board. Also, resizing the game to windowed mode resulted in the creation of a new player profile. The soundtrack is very, very soothing, which I found boring after 15 levels, and the only way to shut it off is to turn off all the sound completely. If you want to restart a board, it's possible, but seems that the devs had a bit of a language problem there because it will then ask you if you want to "quit" instead of "restart". I didn't care for the sparkly cursor effects...seemed like a distraction. If you don't mind the simplistic look of the game and enjoy puzzle solving, this one's worth a try. I personally don't know if I will ever be able to finish it just because plotting the moves out was making my head hurt after a couple of hours.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Jun 4, 13 2:42 PM
just found this one.. it is another Brickshooter Egypt! i have played that game on and off for years now... refreshing to see another one.. altho i do not see an 'undo' feature as in Brickshooter Egypt, and i really think it is needed... anyway, i shall play a bit more of this demo before deciding whether to buy..

yep.. ended up buying this one. the puzzle aspect is good, and despite the lack of an undo, i am finding this game to be very playable. there is a distinct Brickshooter Egypt feel to it, altho this one has other features not in BE (and lacks some features in BE) so it is a good game in it's own right..

Edited on 06/04/2013 at 9:16:31 PM PST

Go to: