It’s Always Good to Know!

[Post New]by ERSGameStudios on Apr 25, 13 8:00 AM
It’s Always Good to Know!
Dear fishies , we’d like to talk about Dark Tales 5: The Masque of the Red Death and all the fun stuff that
we’ve added to this game to make it more fun for all of you.
We make games for you, we’re here to listen to you and we want our games to be special, interesting and unique for you so that is why this time and with Dark Tales 5: The Masque of the Red Death, you’d be experiencing a lot of new things.
You will have your own office.
There is a cute little cat waiting there for you.
You can have fun taking pictures with an old fancy camera.
AND then there is that question there for you about justice and it’s quite interesting, how depending on the definition of justice in your book, you’d get to change the ending of the game.
It’s all for you to decide!
Remember that we’ll always be here for you so you’d get to tell us what you like and how you find our games so you’ll always get to have a say in what you would choose to play by the end of the day.
Thus we believe that it’s always good to know more and always LET YOU DECIDE!
Happy gaming fishies!

Cheers,
ERS Game Studios ,

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 2:24:06 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:It’s Always Good to Know!

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 25, 13 8:16 AM
Hello devs from ERS...

I own all the other "Dark Tales" games, and love this one as well. Thank you for keeping the puzzles simple. Those and the mini games you provide in some games are the highlight in the ERS games for me. I love them. And because I love them, it would be a real disappointment for me if I had to skip them (or most of them). I am not a patient person when it comes to doing puzzles, and don't want to spend a great deal of time trying to do them. So I am really happy that the puzzles are (so far anyway) doable for me.

I love having to do things like baking the bread. Love those extras. And I love the kitten, and am looking forward to finding new toys for him or her.

Nice touch with the camera. And I am looking forward to "giving out some justice".

Great game all round. And, of course, super working widescreen. Thank you very much, ERS.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 25, 13 8:37 AM
Hi ERS,

I have all other Dark Tales, and I enjoy this too, especially the "Sexy Rexy" Dupin (gmac... ),

I am not satisfied by the MAP: true that I can be transported by clicking on the picture, but:
1) The pictures are quite fogged, and I don't recognize the surroundings.
2) More important - there are no labels such as: "you are here", and "tasks to accomplish" (! sign). Without the labels and high resolutioned screen, again I am forced to "activate my sneakers". Quite annoying. In the last game you gave the labels, and it was excellent.

This is my only complaint - all the rest (include the doable puzzles, as Valdy said) is "pichy"...

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 25, 13 8:49 AM

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 3:03:30 PM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 25, 13 9:18 AM
This is my all time favorite series. You guys done a fantastic job. I am loving every bit of being a detective with Dupin. The kitten I love her to death. Just to take a little break from the game and play with her. When she meows my cat looks around like I hear a cat, where is it? I have no problem with the pictures at all. No labels doesn't bother me. This game was done just as beautifully as Redemption. I too own all of your CE's and I will be buying the future ones too. I am playing on my laptop and I never had a sidebar issue. My HP/Compaq chugs right along. I will definitely be looking forward to your next title. Thank you so much ERS for all the joy you brought us. You guys are definitely number one in my book. Have a great weekend and get some well deserved sleep

Sassy

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 25, 13 9:36 AM
Thank you for stopping by ERS it's always a pleasure to see you here and may I say this game is over the top fun I'm loving every minute of it. Thank you for keeping the puzzles simple and fun. I also love all the little extra side fun things you added and I love my office oh yeah and Dupin isn't that bad either he is very easy on the eyes. I think it's so cool that you are making the games personal for the player first the kind letter in Redemption and now the office and the cool pictures on the back wall. You guys are an amazing team that put some much care, heart and passion into you games keep up the good work I look so forward to each and everyone of your games they are all simply awesome. Thank you ERS for giving us such awesome games.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 13 10:39 AM
I really enjoyed "The Workshop" extra. It was very nice getting the see the faces of the ERS team. It always makes the bond with the developer stronger when you can see the team. Truly a delightful and fun extra for me!

And the optional map/photo thing - brilliant! Just the sort of options I love, because I don't use maps, journals, hints, etc. Also, the one-time 'helper' idea was also inspired. Thank you! And putting all the stuff in the separate office was great, because if I don't want to go there and see it, I don't have to!! Hooray!

I haven't finished the game yet, but just wanted to tell you how great I thought the above changes were.

PS - My not wanting to use your very creative options is no reflection on you, your team or your hard work to create them. I'm just one of those people who like to play a hardcore game for the sake of the game. Your graphics and FX have always been great and now you're game mechanics and gameplay are getting better and better (for players like me) and I'm very excited about that. Now, if we could have puzzles that were more challenging...it would be nirvana! (I wrote about this in the dev thread for Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost).

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 1:00:02 PM PST

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Apr 25, 13 11:04 AM
Thank you ERS for all the little extras added in your CE versions lately like achievements and collectibles etc. I really like the camera feature which allows us to take whatever pictures we like and save them to our pc to use as wallpapers. I even like the pictures on the back wall in the office....very nice. The only thing I didn't quite like is when you click on one of the collectibles, it opens up in a stark white background explaining what it is.. a colored background would have been better. I have all the Dark Tales games and will definitely add this one to my list.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Apr 25, 13 11:45 AM
Welcome to the pond!
You have been already been given great critiques by the rest of the fishies so I just want to say thank you for a beautiful, in all ways, game.
Since I already own all the Dark Tales as CE's am a little bummed that I can't take part in the BF bundle sale but, hope the new fishies that don't have them, can and will enjoy as much as I have.
Again, welcome and thanks for hours of entertainment.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 25, 13 1:08 PM
I enjoyed the demo provided very much! I've tried very hard to be more particular when purchasing CEs lately but this one has me wanting to buy today! The only thing holding me back is my punch card! It's very close to the end of the month which keeps me from starting a new card I will certainly purchase this one in May!

I don't particularly care for playing with a kitty in a game unless it has something to actually do with game play, so I'm happy to hear I can skip that altogether. The camera thing might be something fun to do.

I love that you can determine your ending so I'm hoping that would give me a little replay value

Thank you ERS for continuing to come by the forums to see what your customers think, please keep coming back

[Post New]by fluffyknickers on Apr 25, 13 2:17 PM
Hi ERS I love all the games and this one is no exception APART FROM: Im playing the bonus game and I cant get the scissors, there not in my inventory and it wont let me go back to zoom into the drawer. Will I have to play the whole game again and then the bonus?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 25, 13 2:23 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to add a sticky to this thread so it's easier for everyone to find.

Thanks ERS for starting this discussion, too.

bfgMonongahela

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Apr 25, 13 4:41 PM
I always enjoy playing your games, in fact I collect a series and then play them one after the other.
I am with Valdy and a few others who would like you to keep your puzzles at this level. I myself find difficult puzzles time consuming and a distraction from the main purpose of the game, which is to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Thank you to all at ERS for many hours of entertainment.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 25, 13 4:52 PM
There are always people who mention they don't like the HO scenes to repeat but I do like repeat HO scenes. I would prefer puzzles to be a little harder. I'm happy to see you're adding things to the CE package to make it more attractive.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 25, 13 7:33 PM
Hello again, ERS

Just wanted to say I finished the game. I played using Hard Mode. I didn't use any hints or skip any puzzles and I didn't use the Strategy Guide. I also didn't spend anytime taking pictures (which means I didn't use the map, either) or going into the office to play with the kitty or looking for any toys for him, or reading the journal.

My total time playing the regular game was just a tad over 6 hours. The bonus game added another 1.5 hours, for total game time of 7.5 hours.

Great job, team ERS! (Imagine how much longer it would have been with harder puzzles! )

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 25, 13 8:25 PM
Well, just about 3 hours until this forum is no longer the current game----hmmm----and ERS posts their first and only comment. (which is very similar to their ballyhoo regarding the game on their home page).
No replies, no answers to questions, nothing----just a repeat of what occurred in the Redemption Cemetery forum.
Oh, well, if anyone understands repetition, it's ERS.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 26, 13 1:53 AM
It's obvious ERS is listening or there wouldn't be so many improvements lately. I don't mind if they don't respond to each and every one of us.

Beautiful game, lots of great extras but just one little suggestion: I'd appreciate the ability to click on the item gained from a hidden object scene instead of having to hit the "okay" button. In other words, having a bigger area on the screen that responds to my mouse. Hope that made sense.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 26, 13 6:07 AM
hi ERS
I played this as a demo and was looking forward to it. IT certainly is all all we all hoped for.
I do have a tech question that I think is a programming thing..messing with the three busts, there isnt a reset option on that mini-game. The hands are frozen and can only go from skull top to skull part. I know where i messed up but backing out of game and back in doesnt allow me to reset it. Is there an option Im missing somewhere?
kris

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Apr 26, 13 11:53 AM
I think it's good that ERS is interested in what we think and is giving us a chance to comment directly to them. While some people love every single little thing about this game or any game by ERS and seem to personally just worship at the feet of ERS for some reason, I want to join in telling ERS, while this opportunity is at hand, what is important to me as a player. I too have many of your games and love some of them so much, but this isn't one based on the demo only. I am wishing for more puzzles and for them to be more challenging. I don't mean they need to fry my brain but at least be enough to be more than just pressing a few buttons without even thinking. Some of us love puzzles and some don't and the ones complimenting puzzles in this game have said they don't enjoy puzzles. I realize some games are meant for the non puzzle loving crowd and you can't always please everyone with every game. I just wanted to say that I also think the camera is a huge distraction in that if I were loving the adventure (another favorite part to me) I wouldn't want to jump out of the game often to do all the steps it takes to save a photo. I would only like that if I am so bored with the constant hidden object scenes that I need something else to do. If I want to play with a kitty, I have three of my own and would so much rather just having good adventure play and fun challenging puzzles. I really enjoyed Reality Show and thought that was different and fun. I actually like many of your games and will keep checking out the demos hoping for more games like that. More adventure lite, with good puzzles please.

BlackestRose
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by BlackestRose on Apr 26, 13 1:48 PM
I love the game! Then again I love all these games given I am a huge Poe fan but the fact that Dupin is totally sexy is also a good reason for me to come back to the games also. XD

Needless to say, I am fan girling a bit over the fact that we get to see him partial naked, alright, sure, it is just an arm but still, I can live with that. XD

The kitten is adorable! SO loved having that cutie to play with and find things for etc.

The only problems I have with the game are, like what others have said, the map etc but really, other then that I find the game fine.

Go to: