lighting lantern in ho

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Apr 26, 13 7:54 AM
I have tried lighting the lantern for over a hour the candle isn't on the holder but it moves top the lantern but won't light its chapter 3 burning the evidence

Edited on 04/26/2013 at 10:14:30 AM PST

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:lighting lantern in ho

[Post New]by mauntana on Apr 26, 13 9:54 AM
I had the same problem. Here's how I solved it:

I put the hand cursor over the candle holder. That somehow made the candle on the wall move up. I kept positioning the candle on the lantern until I got frustrated. Then I exited the scene to come here and check to see if anyone else was having this problem. There wasn't an issue posted so I returned to the game and, miracle of miracles, I was able to take the lit lantern!

Now that I know it wasn't just me, I'll check to make sure this has been posted on the Technical Issues thread (just hope it can be found among all download issues).

Here's hoping exiting and entering the scene will work for you.

[Post New]by debutaunt100 on Apr 26, 13 10:15 AM
i unistalled the game restarted the game have tried everything it won't catch

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 26, 13 10:17 PM
Please for give me if this seems silly - but I noticed there were two lanterns in that scene and I was trying to light the wrong one. Are you lighting the one that is to the right of the candle? I believe the one I was trying to light was to the left, on or near the stairs.

Edited on 04/26/2013 at 10:18:23 PM PST

ackpfft
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Apr 28, 13 4:35 PM
Yeah, don't try to put the candle on the lantern, put the hand on it instead...just like mauntana said. Worked great, thanks for the info!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Apr 29, 13 8:25 PM
I don't have the patience to try something for an hour! Click on the candle, but then put the *hand* on the lantern (the one on the right) and it will light. What a pain!

Go to: