bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 13 1:22 AM
Once again another slowwwwwwww download. 3% after 30 minutes. Will try again later. It's very annoying. I have a good download speed and no restrictions.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 27, 13 2:23 AM
The game plays so slow. The cursor is sluggish and the whole game pause constantly. Of course slow downloading...but that's because Big Fish went to Live Stream. That slow's down the bandwith.

But my problem is with the whole game playing in slow motion. I'll wait for the fix's & to be worked out before I buy it!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 27, 13 2:28 AM
I'm in the UK, using W7, started download at 08.09 (9 minutes after it became available) and now, 2 hours and 10 minutes later, it has downloaded a whole whopping 17% of the trial.

The good news is that I got to play Masque of the Red Death finally at 19.30, (it had timed out sometime during the day) played it for 15 mins and deleted! Tomorrows Game Today is morphing into Todays Game Today, soon, if these downloads don't improve, it might well become YGT.

[Post New]by westielover on Apr 27, 13 2:39 AM
Yet again a really slow download. Have sent Dr Felix only to be told to avoid downloading between 8am & 8pm as all seems ok. Dont understand why I can download from other sites with no problems.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 13 2:49 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I'm in the UK, using W7, started download at 08.09 (9 minutes after it became available) and now, 2 hours and 10 minutes later, it has downloaded a whole whopping 17% of the trial.

The good news is that I got to play Masque of the Red Death finally at 19.30, (it had timed out sometime during the day) played it for 15 mins and deleted! Tomorrows Game Today is morphing into Todays Game Today, soon, if these downloads don't improve, it might well become YGT.

Yes I agree about YGT, and am thinking of binning 'Red Death' after only being able to download it at 11pm GMT. Just abandoned 3rd attempt at downloading todays game, and only got as far as 17%.
It' getting pointless being a member as I can't get tomorrows game today anymore. I am also about to lose a coupon code because there are no SE games to download.Why can't we use a coupon code towards CE games ie; 1 Credit and 1 Coupon Code or 1 Coupon Code and price of a SE game.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 3:18:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Apr 27, 13 3:01 AM
The downloading situation is not consistent. I am downloading Enigma Agency and am experiencing the slow plodding as others. However, I decided to pause it to purchase the DD Hidden Mysteries, which downloaded and activated under 7 minutes. I then restarted Enigma Agency and, surprise surprise, it never moved. If it were not for the continuous movement of the little circle I would swear it was still paused. ???????

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 3:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

It is worth noting that some games are larger than others and more importantly, that slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter so download speed should pick up over the course of the day.

We are continuing to look into ways we can improve this experience for you and also, actively looking to address any other issues so your continued co-operation in contacting Support about this with as much info as you can, is very much so appreciated.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Apr 27, 13 3:48 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I'm in the UK, using W7, started download at 08.09 (9 minutes after it became available) and now, 2 hours and 10 minutes later, it has downloaded a whole whopping 17% of the trial.

That's weird (especially in the light of the BFG post right above this) as I am also in the UK and started downloading at 08:15 UK time but this time the download went straight through with no holdups all at 13Mbps and finished in under 5 minutes.

Not only that, but the previous downloads which took me up to 11 hours to download this week (Dark Tales and Puppetshow) also went straight through today in a few minutes each.

So the BFG comment about what time you run the download is not the whole story by the look of it

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 13 3:58 AM
I have never had trouble with large game downloads until BF started streaming and we got the new website. Here in the UK the best time to download has always been around 8am and that is when we get the new game on your website. If you leave it any later then all the business users come on line, and as I say the problem has only occured since the changes above.I have been a member for many years and have always downloaded as soon as the new games become available.
If this continues there will be no benefit to being a member. Every Tom, **** and Harry will have the game before me. This coupled with the lack of SE games to use Coupons on.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 27, 13 4:06 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:I have never had trouble with large game downloads until BF started streaming and we got the new website. Here in the UK the best time to download has always been around 8am and that is when we get the new game on your website. If you leave it any later then all the business users come on line, and as I say the problem has only occured since the changes above.I have been a member for many years and have always downloaded as soon as the new games become available.
If this continues there will be no benefit to being a member. Every Tom, **** and Harry will have the game before me. This coupled with the lack of SE games to use Coupons on.

Thankyou for 'editing' my post. Has nobody in USA heard of the saying and the shortened version of Richard.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 4:08 AM
You're right Mart1n0940, unfortunately, this issue doesn't boil down to just one thing, there are lots of variables, which is why it is difficult for us to come up with an exact solution to suit everyone.

We are fairly limited as to the troubleshooting we can offer on the Forums so I just wanted to share that point because it is a contributing factor for some Fishies. And I assure you that we are working on this at the moment and will continue to do so.

elvenstardragon - thanks for your feedback on this, I will make sure that your point is heard as it is a valid one.

And with reference to peak usage times, checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds as well, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. In addition, they can let you know of the best times to download games because as mentioned, there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster, so this is another factor to consider.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 27, 13 4:32 AM
Mart1n0940 wrote:

That's weird (especially in the light of the BFG post right above this) as I am also in the UK and started downloading at 08:15 UK time but this time the download went straight through with no holdups all at 13Mbps and finished in under 5 minutes.

Not only that, but the previous downloads which took me up to 11 hours to download this week (Dark Tales and Puppetshow) also went straight through today in a few minutes each.

So the BFG comment about what time you run the download is not the whole story by the look of it

Mart1n0940, I must have warmed it up for you - those extra 6 minutes are evidently really important

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on Apr 27, 13 4:35 AM
I see there are long download times for this game. But my problem isn't the download, its the install. Downloaded pretty quick but its been stuck on 90% installed for 5 mins now. What can I do? Is it ok to close the download manager and try again or will that completely mess it up? It's the demo, not the full game.

UPDATE: Of course, as soon as I post about it it finished. lol I just hope that long hold up didn't mess with the game and that it plays alright. I'll update again if anything is wrong.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 4:38:11 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 27, 13 4:43 AM
over 4 hours in, and the download timed out. I have uninstalled what I had (about 20%), and will start again - surely now I'm not 'among the first', so it should be relatively painless.

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on Apr 27, 13 4:45 AM
I always had extremely fast downloads from BFG. And, being in Portugal with the same time as the UK, I also experienced the fastest downloads at the early hours of the morning as mentioned by the english fishies.

Today the download isn't slow, it is simply stuck. I give up!!!

So, bfgBaikal, don't give us hollow excuses. Just admit BFG are having serious problems and please see to it that they are resolved asap.

Thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 4:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

If your download is getting stuck, you can try closing down the Game Manager and reopening it - your download progress should not be affected by this and hopefully, it will give it a kick start.

If that doesn't help, I would suggest having a look at the following help article gives advice on combating the most common download issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the problems persist however, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a a look at things with you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 4:55:33 AM PST

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Apr 27, 13 4:58 AM
I have the same problem as LovetoMissLisa. The game is so slow and the cursor jumps all over the place. This makes the game more irritating than fun. I was really looking forward to playing this game. It has all the trophies and collectibles I like with a CE. I won't purchase until a fix.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 27, 13 5:40 AM
Strange. I live in the Netherlands and today it was a quick DL. Last thursday I could't not DL the game. Only the next day.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Apr 27, 13 5:53 AM
I had this slow, sticky problem last week, which was unusual for me. I cleared out most games from GM and then ran my CCleaner for registry and also temp files. Not holding out a lot of hope for a resolution, I restarted the game and it was perfect.

The downloads have, until 2 days ago been fast. Normally I start download then pop in to forums and then play the trial. Thursdays trial took 4 1/2 hrs Today I have closed GM down at 40% after about an hour. I'll open it and continue when it's learn't it's lesson.
Just a thought........I am back using windows explorer. Think I'll give Firefox a go again. Let you know if this improves things.

Go to: