DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal Discussion and Comments for Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 13 12:54 AM
Hi there,
Well very fast DL and installation for me this evening 40 minutes from go to whoa for the full game (with 2 other computers sharing the Internet connection at the same time). Can't complain about that.
And it was great that I could actually take advantage of a sale. OK, had to use real , but I needed to purchase PCCs otherwise.
I believe this is the first CE game offered from the developers M e r i d i a n 93 (but I welcome more correct information) and the last game I purchased was the delightful "The Book of Desires".
Looking forward to their latest venture.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 13 1:09 AM
I haven't played much of the game (evening meal interference), but I thought I would check out the extras etc before I quit the game and there are collectibles and awards for those of us who have fun with this.
I couldn't see any evidence of a cutesy pet house with playthings though.
Back later - I hope.
Cheers

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Apr 27, 13 1:25 AM
Played the demo and this looks great so far. Great scary type atmosphere, It was making me very jumpy. Loved the puzzles and hidden objects in this one. I am going to go buy it (great sale for all of us members this time) and write more impressions maybe later.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 27, 13 1:33 AM
A buy for me! Love the game, the HOS and puzzles. Don't forget the sale.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 27, 13 2:44 AM
Well this is a setting and story i can get into thus far from playing the demo. Sound effects i can appreciate and graphics are well done for my liking. So far got one issue that may or may not determine a purchase and that is annoying achievement/collectible boxes popping up on the screen

It's irritating and distracting from the gameplay..especially those who are not interested in achievements and collectibles to begin with. As much as i try and avoid them during gameplay so the boxes will not pop up, it's impossible to avoid them all. If that isn't irritating enough the ding sound makes it even more disruptive and hard to ignore

I really had high hopes for this game until i kept experiencing this and then went oh no
I am still gonna finish the demo and hope this distraction can be overlooked because i do like other things about this game thus far

Demo Download time: 4.5 minutes
Browser: Explorer
Window7/64
Broadband internet
USA Customer (Indiana region)

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 27, 13 2:57 AM
It's very dark, why do they all have to be so dark? I did like the interactive hidden object scenes. But the door puzzle for the basement the SG did not give me correct information so I had to skip it which caused me to lose those achievements. I can still do the H.O. scenes without skipping and find all the scorpions, but that is all folks. Nice sale. It does rankle a bit that us members have to pay from the nonmember price. I bought this game. Not a new story but new stuff in the game.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 27, 13 3:30 AM
I started this game in wide screen ( not offered as an option but just "happened"! ) I was delighted because the black bars that usually come with games nowadays really annoy me. However, about five minutes into the trial, the curser started blocking & changing into the simple white arrow THEN the game threw me out & I got an error report ( aspect ratio was not supported )

I've put this in the informal discussion because I went back & ticked the "aspect ratio " box & now the game plays perfectly....well, almost...those dratted black bars are in residence again

I also agree with DeAnna2112...the collectible box that keeps zapping in & out of this game is irritating & interferes with my concentration ( at my age I have to work harder at multi- tasking )

So, I'm on the fence with this one....maybe the sale will sway me to buy because this genre is right up my street & with the rotten weather we've got at the moment, gardening is out of the question & Sunday will be a "gaming " day I guess.

Happy gaming guys

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Apr 27, 13 4:54 AM
I really think I'm going to enjoy this game, but again I'm experiencing the slowest download ever. It started off OK, but somewhere around 25% slowed to a near stop. I'm not a techie, but from watching the GM screen it's now downloading just 0.1MB every 7-10 seconds. That means it will take at least 1 minute for each full MB. At 580MB, it's going to be a LONG time before this installs itself on my PC - unless it suddenly speeds up at some point, of course (wishful thinking!).

As some witty person said recently: "By the time it's finished downloading, Tomorrow's Game Today will have become Today's Game Today"

I really, really hate saying this, but I have started downloading my demos from other sites because they don't take anything like as long. Downloading from here is starting to become quite a chore

Time: 12:50pm GMT
System: Windows Vista

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Apr 27, 13 5:13 AM
DeAnna2112 wrote:Well this is a setting and story i can get into thus far from playing the demo. Sound effects i can appreciate and graphics are well done for my liking. So far got one issue that may or may not determine a purchase and that is annoying achievement/collectible boxes popping up on the screen

It's irritating and distracting from the gameplay..especially those who are not interested in achievements and collectibles to begin with. As much as i try and avoid them during gameplay so the boxes will not pop up, it's impossible to avoid them all. If that isn't irritating enough the ding sound makes it even more disruptive and hard to ignore

I really had high hopes for this game until i kept experiencing this and then went oh no
I am still gonna finish the demo and hope this distraction can be overlooked because i do like other things about this game thus far

Demo Download/install time: 4.5 minutes
Full Version upgrade additional download/install time: 5 minutes
Browser: Explorer
Window7/64
Broadband internet
USA Customer (Indiana region)

Just to say..this dev has really impressed me with introducing some new and creative gameplay ideas...really enjoying this game and look forward to what new and unique surprises await me the rest of the game
A must buy for me

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 5:19:55 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 27, 13 5:42 AM
This looks to be a great game. I bought it right away.
My DL seems alittle slow but not to bad.
And the best part, we get it on sale!!

I thought I lost a day of the week, as this came out on Saturday instead of Sunday lol.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Apr 27, 13 6:27 AM
From demo: Good game...seems interesting. Extremely slow "skip" for puzzles...if I KNOW I cannot do a particular type of puzzle I'd like to be able to go ahead and skip it after trying a time or two.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 27, 13 7:15 AM
tj1147 wrote:From demo: Good game...seems interesting. Extremely slow "skip" for puzzles...if I KNOW I cannot do a particular type of puzzle I'd like to be able to go ahead and skip it after trying a time or two.

So agree with you, same goes for the hint button...takes f o r e v e r.....

Map is useful insofar as it tells you what to do where, does not jump though, bring your sneakers!!!!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 27, 13 8:20 AM
Wowza, Wowza, Wowza. Love this game. Decided after 15 minutes that I had to have it.

I love the puzzles of which there are many and they are well done, not too easy but different and fun.

The hos so far are not big Junkpiles and they are interactive. The graphics are good.

Its a creepy spooky adventure and I like that it came out on Saturday instead of Sunday. I think Big Fish should change Sundays CE date to Saturday as it gives us more weekend time to play. A lot of us do other things on Sunday so don't have much time to play the game. Just a suggestion.

Well off to purchase and at a great price too.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Apr 27, 13 10:11 AM
Someone on the dev's team seems to be a Rube Goldberg fan. Makes it interesting, but. Lately it seems I have bought too many CE's that are, in my opinion, too short.I have a lot of SE's that are one-two hours longer. So... if anyone who has finished would please post your time, I would appreciate it. I will take into consideration that we all play at different rates, but at least I'll have a ballpark figure to help determine if it's a buy or not. Thank You.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 12:25:11 PM PST

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 10:37 AM
Hi Fishies

Pleased you have installed and playing game .

Still waiting here to download 79% and counting .

Deb

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 10:53 AM
81% and counting

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Apr 27, 13 11:43 AM
I have seen that type of hint button before in games or at least a game I know. It is not preferred by me and probably not by a lot of people because lots of times when I use the hint button I just want to see if I am definitely done in the area and which direction next and the hint just shows you are and then you can figure out what else to do without help. Here once you hit the hint button it keeps pointing the way through however many scenes until you find a step to do in the game.

The game isn't perfect, but I am loving it. I love that it isn't all hidden object scenes and I'm really enjoying the scenes were you have to figure out the steps using items in inventory to make it work out and get your next item.

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Apr 27, 13 11:58 AM
90% just wish i COULD PLAY IT
Deb

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Apr 27, 13 1:01 PM
tribrach wrote:

I also agree with DeAnna2112...the collectible box that keeps zapping in & out of this game is irritating & interferes with my concentration ( at my age I have to work harder at multi- tasking )

this isn't an issue for me... both ERS and elephant games (in fact, just about any game i can think of with collectibles!) have the same collectible box "zapping" in and out... and telling us we have now found X/50 collectible items....?

also, to whomever said that this game's sale is not good for members because it takes 40% off non-member price... not true. i just bought the game and $13.99 - 40% = $8.39 for a savings of $5.60! i don't usually buy CEs, but this one hooked me, i LOVED the harder puzzles and when i got to the basement door puzzle, i knew it was going to take me some time, so i jumped out and bought the game! it's only ~$2 more than buying an SE and with the imaginatively-hidden collectibles, cool story so far, INTERESTING HOSs (and i don't usually like HOSs much!) and such nice graphics, i had to treat myself to this game!

thanks, devs, for a job well done! if the bunny team would put out games like this, i would buy them!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Apr 27, 13 1:01 PM
It took me 8 hours and 53 mins to DL the demo I've never had one which has taken soooo long. Luckily, I'm really enjoying the game so with some trepidation I bought it, as there is a sale. Guess how long it took to DL the whole game!!!.... 16 minutes!!

Go to: