lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

Lazy Peep!

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 27, 13 11:46 AM
I just started my third family with a peep I renamed Burton. I should have named him Lazy Larry! Usually I don't have my peeps get married until they are trained in their career and have recerived at least one promotion. Because of the tutorial, I had him check his first e-mail. I knew it would be a marriage proposal and I planned to reject it. No big deal. Well, the gal had a bank account of $768 and Lazy Larry, I mean Burton, rubbed his hands in glee and married the poor girl. Got her with child right away too. Now he's being really difficult to train. I guess he figures since the wife has all that money he doesn't have to work. I've got news for him!

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Lazy Peep!

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Apr 27, 13 6:09 PM
lorie56 wrote:I just started my third family with a peep I renamed Burton. I should have named him Lazy Larry! Usually I don't have my peeps get married until they are trained in their career and have recerived at least one promotion. Because of the tutorial, I had him check his first e-mail. I knew it would be a marriage proposal and I planned to reject it. No big deal. Well, the gal had a bank account of $768 and Lazy Larry, I mean Burton, rubbed his hands in glee and married the poor girl. Got her with child right away too. Now he's being really difficult to train. I guess he figures since the wife has all that money he doesn't have to work. I've got news for him!

is Lazy Larry aware how fast 768 dollars will go away now that they have a child??

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Lazy Peep!

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 27, 13 8:03 PM
this is very amusing

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 28, 13 2:59 AM
May you can coax him with some candy? I was in the same situation before and after I force-fed him about 10 candies it was actually hard to get him away from work to have dinner!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 28, 13 7:11 AM
He seems th have gotten the message and has gotten two promotions. Now I have to train the wife, which should be fun - NOT! She's been doing whatever she wants since she had a kid right away. I have a feeling she's going to make him look like a walk in the park. I put their game on pause so today is her training day. It's a good thing her career trainer doesn't drink!

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Apr 28, 13 8:56 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:May you can coax him with some candy? I was in the same situation before and after I force-fed him about 10 candies it was actually hard to get him away from work to have dinner!

Thanks for the tip! I bought two fruits from the flea market, then fed them one after the other to the man of the house (while he was working)... he still doesn't work non-stop, but at least he works more than usual!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 28, 13 9:12 AM
Michou3 wrote:
bfgBiwa wrote:May you can coax him with some candy? I was in the same situation before and after I force-fed him about 10 candies it was actually hard to get him away from work to have dinner!

Thanks for the tip! I bought two fruits from the flea market, then fed them one after the other to the man of the house (while he was working)... he still doesn't work non-stop, but at least he works more than usual!

Michou3, You have to train your peeps to work right from the start. I usually end up with workaholic peeps because I spend a lot of time training them to work.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on Apr 29, 13 3:56 AM
lorie56 wrote:Michou3, You have to train your peeps to work right from the start. I usually end up with workaholic peeps because I spend a lot of time training them to work.

Thank you, Lorie!

However, since I'm not new to the VF games, I already know this. It's just that if you give your peeps fruit or candy, they will tend to work more without you having to constantly put them back on their work station.

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on May 5, 13 9:06 AM
Lazy Larry must be related to my poet peep who after 3 days of game play makes just over $110/day and won't have kids. He married a lady peep who had $342 in the bank and was rewarded by the game for "marrying for money".

[Post New]by gracieann11 on May 15, 13 10:39 PM
I had a wife that wouldn't work and she made lots more money than her hubby. I'd set her down in the office and she'd work for about 10 seconds then would say "No" and leave. No matter how many times I'd set her at her desk or give her candy or praise her, same thing. No work, no promotions and no money. This sounds terrible but finally I got so frustrated that the next time she said no, I smacked her about 4 times in a row with the red hand. Now she works just fine.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on May 15, 13 11:04 PM
I can't say I blame you for smacking her with the red glove, I've been known to pick up a peep and shake them, lol! Not that they even noticed, but it made me feel better. Some of the peeps do take a lot of extra time and effort to train. I wait to praise them until that split second right after they finish a work cycle and you hear the "coin" sound that says they got paid. Just have to do it while it still says they are working on their career. I hover over them with the green glove and praise them with it the first time, then they will usually start another work cycle right away. Sometimes they will start, then say no, Then I'll restart them until they start another cycle. If they just go through the second cycle they start when finishing the first, I'll give them a piece of good candy or fruit. I do this a few times, giving them time to do something else between. And the female peeps sometimes need a remedial course after the baby in they are still on the lower levels.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on May 31, 13 8:00 AM
My peeps vary in their interest in working, but some of them seem to get tired fast while other workaholics seem fine. Any ideas on whether some peeps are randomly better at working or is it all down to training and upgrades? Does hunger or time of day have any affect?

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 31, 13 8:38 AM
kayette wrote:My peeps vary in their interest in working, but some of them seem to get tired fast while other workaholics seem fine. Any ideas on whether some peeps are randomly better at working or is it all down to training and upgrades? Does hunger or time of day have any affect?

Before I start training mine I make sure they are fed. If they're hungry they won't work. Some peeps are lazier than others. I train all my peeps the same way and I've seen some progress faster than others.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 12, 13 8:11 AM
gracieann11 wrote: I had a wife that wouldn't work and she made lots more money than her hubby. I'd set her down in the office and she'd work for about 10 seconds then would say "No" and leave. No matter how many times I'd set her at her desk or give her candy or praise her, same thing. No work, no promotions and no money. This sounds terrible but finally I got so frustrated that the next time she said no, I smacked her about 4 times in a row with the red hand. Now she works just fine.

hahahaha!!!!

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jun 14, 13 6:13 PM
After a few more days of observation, I'd say that some peeps must just enjoy their careers more than others! It used to be in VF1, that the mom's career was seriously delayed if she kept having kids but I have had two families now where the mom had lots of kids and managed to master her career!

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 14, 13 8:51 PM
kayette wrote:After a few more days of observation, I'd say that some peeps must just enjoy their careers more than others! It used to be in VF1, that the mom's career was seriously delayed if she kept having kids but I have had two families now where the mom had lots of kids and managed to master her career!

I have to agree It's amazing how often the wife will have carried around several babies and still be on the same level, or further advanced than her hubby! Amazing how lazy some of these guy peeps are!

Go to: