Number of children?

Number of children?

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Apr 28, 13 3:59 PM
How many children can they have? Mine seems stuck at four, is that the limit? It was 6 with VF1.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Number of children?

[Post New]by PB2010 on Apr 28, 13 4:31 PM
It is six, but the older the parents get the less likely it is they want anymore...(funny that!)

If they are arguing, just keep throwing them together until they go for it. Although, you'll not necessarily get any more kids.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Apr 28, 13 7:20 PM
That used to work in VF1 but I've had a couple that would just never quit arguing until I finally gave up because they were so exhausted. It really wears them out to argue I've found so be a bit careful there. No amount of trying to help them get together was working...I ended up adopting in desperation. I love that we've got that option now!

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Apr 28, 13 7:47 PM
Has anyone gotten them to have more than four kids?

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Apr 28, 13 7:57 PM
I have gotten them to have six kids...but it can be a trial. Mostly starting as soon as I can and just keep getting them together. I have only had one couple that would just rather argue than do what I want....

Otherwise the adopt feature is awesome and you can be having the kids and still work mom to death

(take that you little person you!!! you should have had the baby like I wanted, now you are stuck to your computer monitor morning noon and night and get the red glove whenever you leave....

( I am the boss from heck) LOL

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Apr 29, 13 4:03 AM
All of mine have had six kids. I try to get a younger wife, because if you only get one baby at a time, it's a three year interval and asking the wife to have a baby in her late forties is more difficult!

Gosh that sounds so bad to write!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 29, 13 4:05 AM
i had 1 couple that refused to have more than 2 kids. they did nothing but argue no matter how many times i dropped them on each other. even reloading the game for a couple days. i gave up in their 40s & let them get old. starting next generation... hope they do better.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 30, 13 1:42 AM
Mine have had more than 4 kids, they've had 5 & 6. The family I'm on now just had twins as the 4th child.

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 1:49:00 AM PST

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 30, 13 1:43 AM
Has anyone had triplets yet?

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Apr 30, 13 6:24 AM
I've had triplets twice. Not personally though (thank goodness!).

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 30, 13 8:04 AM
PB2010 wrote:I've had triplets twice. Not personally though (thank goodness!).

LOL! Thanks for the laugh I needed this morning!

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Apr 30, 13 10:55 AM
I can't help but pop them out - I've just had triplets for the third time!

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 30, 13 12:48 PM
Still haven't had any triplets yet but I had one that had 3 set of twins..

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on May 4, 13 4:06 AM
It's a good idea to have lots of kids so you have a selection of kids to turn into the next generation. My money-making first generation only had one child and he turned out to be a $90/day poet who won't stay in the office and work no matter how many times I praise him for working on his career.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 4, 13 4:12 AM
I always make them have 6 children, event if one of them says no way. The parents will still be elated, so having kids even though they don't want any doesn't reduce their happiness .

[Post New]by Rottie_Lover on May 9, 13 2:08 AM
My couple haven't managed to have triplets, but they did have two pairs of twins - they now have 6 children in total which is the most they can/will have.

[Post New]by meelephants on Jun 1, 13 3:29 AM
I have had two kids then I had triplets but my second child who was about 12 died has anyone else had kids die?

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 1, 13 5:13 PM
meelephants wrote:I have had two kids then I had triplets but my second child who was about 12 died has anyone else had kids die?

I haven't had a kid die in VF2, but I did in VF1. I always have the 5 games running, so when I got back to that family, I kept thinking that there should be another kid, checked on the family tree and he was there, but "faded" like they do when they've died. I'm not sure why he died, everyone else was just fine, no one was even sick. And he hadn't been ill when I'd seen him last. I did see a tip that may have nothing to do with this. Someone posted that if you have a peep that just can't seem to recover from being ill, or who is tired all the time, do a dr. consult. I tried that and found out one of my peeps was actually ill enough to need vancomycin. Might watch for that.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 11, 13 11:31 PM
My couple had 6 six at ages 26 (hubby) and 29 (wife, yes she was older) I got lucky that the first one was an orphan that knocked on the door, so I offcourse adopted him! And the last one were twins! So young parents with 6 kids

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jun 12, 13 6:22 AM
I managed to get one family to have 6 kids, but in another family after they had two kids the mom just didn't have more even though I had them try several times. And the bratty little girls in one of my other families kept switching the lights on and off to disrupt them until I caught on and made sure they were all out of the house and stayed out!

Go to: