bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 29, 13 4:31 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

You can also view our previous technical issues thread here.

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by AussieDoug on Apr 29, 13 8:26 PM
I had no problem downloading and subsequently running the game UNTIL... Chapter 8 The Dungeon. I placed the sword and shield on the two Treasury gatekeepers, the image of the Treasury Room puzzle lock code appeared, recorded the code in the diary, then the game wouldn't recognize I had the code. Additionally the hint button stop working. I then took Tech advice and uninstalled the game, re-booted the computer, re-downloaded it and still the problem exists.

Most disappointing as I was believing, although little reward was being given for solving puzzles etc to draw the game out, it was a good story, and a fine piece of art work and animation.

I feel totally miffed and can't help wondering how much actual BETA testing was actually done on this TOTAL game as opposed to the many short sample BETAS I have previously played and supplied feedback for.

Using High End PC with Win 7.

Edited on 04/29/2013 at 8:27:33 PM PST

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post any Enigma Agency: The Case of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Apr 30, 13 11:01 AM
There are soooo many technical issues with this game that they had to lock one post and start a new post.....that's a HUGE problem.

I love bfgBiwa's comment on the locked technical post...."if you are having a problem, a "quick" uninstall and reinstall and this should solve the problem"

Hahahahaha....there is no such thing as a "quick install" here on Big Fish.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 30, 13 1:27 PM
Hi AussieDoug,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. By chance, when you reinstalled the game, did you also try creating a new player profile to play with? Sometimes after installing an update, the game will need to recognize those changes by starting a new profile. If you're still running into problems, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that further for you.

anabel1566, the reason we lock a technical issues thread like that is when a new update for the game is released. That helps us track if any of the same issues are occurring after releasing the latest version of the game. If you're experiencing a specific issue after updating, our Tech Support Team is always happy to help!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 30, 13 2:01 PM
I've been struggling for four days to figure out why I can't Activate, Enigma. Today, another game I can't activate. I can play the trial, but I'm getting an 804 error. Your team has been great trying to help, but nothing is. I finally gave up today and went to see if I could activate it in my old Vista. I could and I'm playing Enigma now, no problem. Is it Windows 8 then?

Does anyone at all have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

I've done everything that I was supposed to do so far. Windows Update, Clearing Game Manager, Hidden folders, etc. I've got 8 pages that I printed out of instructions that I was given. I did it all and I still can't activate.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 30, 13 2:47 PM
Hi flaxin,

That sounds like it's proving to be a tough issue to solve! Activation errors can have a few causes, such as out of date operating system updates, changes to your email address with your account recently, or Game Manager issues to name a few. It sounds like you may have been in touch with our Tech Support Team already, but it might be possible for them to suggest other troubleshooting steps that could help. I'm afraid they know more regarding technical issues than us Moderators and can offer better advice.

Hopefully they can get your games activated so you can enjoy them!

bfgSeine

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 30, 13 3:03 PM
Hi bfgSeine,

Thanks for the reply. I plan on continuing to work on it with the BF team.

No changes in email addresses, that was addressed already. Not sure what an out of date operating system is, unless it's Windows 8 (bites) . I just bought this computer in February. I have a feeling it's some weird Windows 8 problem, blocking your Game Manager. I hope with team work, my end and your techs, we can figure it out and get it resolved. Until then, I'm on my little old Vista and all is working fine on that end. Keep ye informed.

Flaxin

lw2016
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lw2016 on May 1, 13 2:37 AM
Sofar the game crashed twice on my PC.
I never had this with any of the many other games I purchased from BigFish.
Even the error message which was crated by the game could not be sent.

However after restarting I coud continue from the position where the game crashed.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 1, 13 9:41 AM
Hey there lw2016,

Happy to hear that restarting the game helped you continue where you left off! If the game continues to crash at any time, though, feel free to take a look at the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

One of our Reps from Tech Support will definitely be able to help further as well! Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

flaxin: Thanks for your patience with this, and I'll keep my fins cross that our Support Team gets that sorted out quickly for you!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Pisces2 on May 3, 13 12:42 PM
You'll be happy to hear that I don't have any crashing problems. But there is definitely a problem with the game. There's a point in a cave in the jungle that you are supposed to retrieve a lever, but it won't come out. I've seen some blogs that said you had to reinstall the game, but other blogs said they tried that and it didn't work. Trouble is, you have to go through the whole first part again just to find out that it STILL doesn't work, so I'm not going to try. I'm hoping someone has come up with a fix for this?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 4:08 AM
Welcome to the Pond Pisces2!

I am sorry to hear that you have had this trouble, avoiding crashes is always a good thing but when issues like this crop up instead, well that is no good at all!

When items in a game are not accessible when they should be or you cannot interact with an item correctly, it can be caused by a few things.

The first thing I would suggest doing is checking the strategy guide to see if you have missed anything that is hindering your progression; the hint button will also highlight tasks that need to be completed first, as sometimes the order of events is important.

My final tip is to try clicking 'around' the lever as sometimes, the 'hotspots' that trigger an action can be a little off, or not where we expect them to be!

However, if the problems persist and you feel like this may be a tech issue, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 4, 13 5:56 AM
Suddenly, right after I found the jack, the Strategy Guide started popping up for no reason at all and won't stay closed! Any suggestions?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 4, 13 10:33 AM
I'm not sure why that would be happening, jennsmom, that's the first time I've heard of a SG acting like this!

I would first suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to help make sure all of the files are in the right order.

If that doesn't do the trick then one of our Reps from Tech Support will be happy to help with further troubleshooting steps! Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgIzara

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 5, 13 3:24 AM
bfgIzara wrote:I'm not sure why that would be happening, jennsmom, that's the first time I've heard of a SG acting like this!

bfgIzara

Thanks for answering. I have no idea why the SG was behaving oddly, but after shutting down completely and then retrying, it stopped popping up and I did not have to uninstall/reinstall. I'm almost to the end of the game and it hasn't happened again.

[Post New]by jpmdjb on May 5, 13 8:15 AM
I can't get the game to start properly. No graphics load, the game will not play at all. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't help. Working on PC ersion, Windows XP. No problems with any other Big Fish Games.

Edited on 05/05/2013 at 9:10:55 AM PST

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on May 5, 13 10:56 AM
I have finished the main game. When I try to play the bonus game it says I have to finish the main game. If I start the main game it starts from the beginning. Any suggestions?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 6, 13 2:42 AM
Heya Fishies,

jpmdjb - Welcome to the Pond! When a game doesn't want to load the way you describe it, this often indicated that some of the software on your computer could do with a little update. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

shadowandzeke - It sounds like your game didn't register properly that you finished it and didn't keep your progress. In these cases it could be that something interfered with your game saving and you can find some steps on how to avoid this from happening again by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by meforfree on May 14, 13 10:52 AM
AussieDoug wrote:I had no problem downloading and subsequently running the game UNTIL... Chapter 8 The Dungeon. I placed the sword and shield on the two Treasury gatekeepers, the image of the Treasury Room puzzle lock code appeared, recorded the code in the diary, then the game wouldn't recognize I had the code. Additionally the hint button stop working. I then took Tech advice and uninstalled the game, re-booted the computer, re-downloaded it and still the problem exists.

Most disappointing as I was believing, although little reward was being given for solving puzzles etc to draw the game out, it was a good story, and a fine piece of art work and animation.

I feel totally miffed and can't help wondering how much actual BETA testing was actually done on this TOTAL game as opposed to the many short sample BETAS I have previously played and supplied feedback for.

Using High End PC with Win 7.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 15, 13 2:21 AM
Heya meforfree, welcome to the Pond!

I'm really sorry that you are facing these problems with the game .

As uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help it could be that some of the drivers and software on your computer could do with a small update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by eileeny1 on May 16, 13 3:39 PM
I was good until i got trial done then bought game, i am now in the study my cursor wont lite up acts like i have clicked too many times?.. cant get my inventory to pop up and cannot leave the study grr! I was with support tried everything they said still no joy after deleting everything and reinstalling.. i give up!

Go to: