bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Mysteries of the Undead technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Mysteries of the Undead technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Apr 30, 13 12:54 AM
OK, I'll start it off. 50 minutes and 12%.Here we go again. Like a few others I'm beginning to look around for another, more reliable site. If it's not downloaded in the next half hour I'll just delete it, I'm not bothered enough to be messed about.

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Apr 30, 13 12:58 AM
Seems the game will not even play on my computer.. does nothing

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 30, 13 12:59 AM
Hi nomatt...

I have also had slow downloads over the last few days, but today this game downloaded fast for me. Looks like BT got their flooded lines sorted out at long last... (here is hoping that's all it was).

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Apr 30, 13 1:01 AM
1 hr and 16% Not impressed again bfg

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 30, 13 1:04 AM
I downloaded ok but get "access violation" error and the game obviously won't start.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Apr 30, 13 1:08 AM
Same issues here. Downloaded okay, but I just get a black screen when I try to play and eventually get an access violation error.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 30, 13 1:08 AM
good morning all , mine flew to 98% in about 4 mins but has been stuck there for half an hour !!!! it really is a wierd carry on i`m in the uk and running XP, hope you all get to play eventually, me included

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Apr 30, 13 1:13 AM
Have tried downloading three times and for each I get error violation and am terminated. Will see if they get the kinks out before I try again. Liked the other games in the series.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 30, 13 1:28 AM
Same here, loaded quite quick for a change, i thought great, and then got the access violation error, i thought BFG tested these games before they put them out (for viruses and such like) so i would asume one of them testers would have got a access violation too at some point.
Oh well back to the drawing board as they say, it's not happening for us paying customer of late is it, if it aint one thing it's another.
With you on that nomatt, think i will be looking around also for a more stable site.

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Apr 30, 13 1:43 AM
Well. mine flew the last 80% and I am able to play it with no (as yet) violation message.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 30, 13 1:43 AM
sandyterryb wrote:Have tried downloading three times and for each I get error violation and am terminated. Will see if they get the kinks out before I try again. Liked the other games in the series.

Ditto!

Yes, it requires small display (100); no, I am tired to change manually back and forth from 150 to 100 (I can't see with 100 display). Fix it and I'll buy...

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Apr 30, 13 1:46 AM
Debbie387 wrote:I downloaded ok but get "access violation" error and the game obviously won't start.

Yes, exactly the same for me. The game downloaded really quickly which was great after really slow downloads over the last few days. Might have known it was too good to be true! I clicked on the Play button and I got a white screen with the access violation error message. What a pain. Oh well, another game to uninstall and forget about!!

[Post New]by beck77 on Apr 30, 13 1:46 AM
have just downloaded this game, but getting "access violation" message, i deleted it and re-downloaded, but just got the same message. is there anything i can do to fix this?

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Apr 30, 13 1:51 AM
I did not have any problems with the download but the game will not do anything. I get a black screen and an hourglass. I wait a while and then have to control, alt., delete to get out. Maybe I will try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 2:14 AM
Hi Fishies,

Even if your computer is up to date, access violations can come about if another program such as an antivirus, is interfering with how the game runs.

The advice in the help article here has some advice on what you can do to combat this type of error message.

If the game starts up but then encounters issues with performance or display, I would encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Of course, if you would like some more help, we would be happy to have a look at this with you. When submitting a support ticket to, Tech Support please run and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report so they can get to helping you right away.

Finally, for persistent download issues, I will have to direct you to Tech Support so we can continue to track this issue and the effectiveness of the steps we have taken to address this.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

tinsel34
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tinsel34 on Apr 30, 13 2:19 AM
I got all the way to the bus then it froze during a hog.. tried deleteing then readding it.. still got the same issue with that particular hog...

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Apr 30, 13 3:00 AM
desandnrs wrote:I did not have any problems with the download but the game will not do anything. I get a black screen and an hourglass. I wait a while and then have to control, alt., delete to get out. Maybe I will try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works.
Well I just tried the uninstall/reinstall thing. No luck. Still get the same black screen and hourglass, Guess the list of unplayable games just gets longer.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 4:12 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to let you know that with freezes or black screen displays, the best thing to do is could try running some updates to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at this for you and provide some dedicated support!

Finally, desandnrs just to add that, as you mentioned issues with a number of games I would encourage you to contact them and let them know the types of issues you have been having and with what games. I am not suggesting that it is your computer but by doing this we can eliminate this as a cause at least and ensure you are not left with games you cannot play and enjoy.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

swtp20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by swtp20 on Apr 30, 13 8:03 AM
I was having trouble getting it to download (was getting the error warning too) and I just restarted the computer, and it downloaded fine.

It downloaded in about 3 min.

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 8:06:06 AM PST

Go to: