zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Apr 30, 13 6:18 AM
In one of my families, the wife seems willing & her husband is well keen, but when she gets near the bed, she finds something else to do & turns away.

This has been happening for 6 years now, ever since they got married. I've even tried the hideously expensive baby-boost, with no joy. She's over 30 now & has had no kids!

Any ideas please?

Can they get a divorce?

latinavixn
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by latinavixn on Apr 30, 13 7:17 AM
zed_dee2 wrote:In one of my families, the wife seems willing & her husband is well keen, but when she gets near the bed, she finds something else to do & turns away.

This has been happening for 6 years now, ever since they got married. I've even tried the hideously expensive baby-boost, with no joy. She's over 30 now & has had no kids!

Any ideas please?

Can they get a divorce?

I had a family where the husband was like that. Keep checking your flea market for the perfume and colognes. It attracts the couples to each other, making them irresistible, and its a lot cheaper than the baby boost! Good luck

latinavixn
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by latinavixn on Apr 30, 13 7:20 AM
PS....and if you have the 4,000 coins (way more expensive than baby boost but if all else has failed and the perfume never appears in your flea market), you can always adopt. At least it will keep your family going. I like your answer though....can he get a divorce lol...tell him to run for the hills while he's still young lol. You also want to make sure that neither of them is tired or hungry when youre putting them together.

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 7:24:39 AM PST

Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by raepaul on Apr 30, 13 7:22 AM
zed_dee2 wrote:In one of my families, the wife seems willing & her husband is well keen, but when she gets near the bed, she finds something else to do & turns away.

Any ideas please?

Can they get a divorce?

You could try the Perfume, from the Thrift shop. I think it cost 25 coins. My couple were 45yo and reluctant, but the perfume worked.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Apr 30, 13 1:50 PM
I just keep putting them together over and over again until they agree to try. It's worked even with them in their 50's and are exhausted and weak...

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on May 1, 13 12:33 AM
I had a couple that had 1 child but afterwards she couldn't have any more. They tried so many times but it never happened again. I even purchased the shot for her and another for him but still nothing. They both wanted children so I don't know else I could have done other than adoption but since they had 1 I decided against it. Hopefully their daughter will have a few.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 1, 13 1:53 PM
I had this happen too and it seemed to have to do with the position of the couch (had no bed at that time). Moved the couch, problem solved, babies came. Maybe the bed is just slightly off where the game wants it to be.

I've never had perfume work in the previous game (or this one when then couch was still wrong), I'll have to try again since it's working for others.

Edited on 05/01/2013 at 1:55:07 PM PST

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 2, 13 6:16 AM
perfume won't work for me. they still argued & argued. so far i have had 2 couples who, after a couple kids, refuse to make any more babies. even i spend several minutes dropping them on each other, or reloading the game. i'm afraid to try the baby boost, it might be a waste of money if they don't cooperate.

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on May 2, 13 7:34 PM
Thanx for the helpful suggestions folks, but sadly, nothing has worked

I'm beginning to think it's a glitch, as even when the caption of 'trying to make a baby' comes up, she starts towards the bed or couch, then quickly finds something more pressing to do. I've even had the bizarre sight of her asleep on the bed with hubby trying to make a baby whilst standing over her- weird or what?

I might ask the techie peeps to have a look.....

Yours in confusion,

Zed

[Post New]by Gamergal919 on May 3, 13 6:24 AM
That happend for me too their was nothing I could do so I just let it be and when they died the game was over so I had to adopt someone new after that I now have a couple who have a 4-year-old son and they just had a baby girl. I didn't use baby boost because of the cost and I didn't know what to do but just leave it but at least their dog stayed with the new familia and he is currently living with them.

MikoLand
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MikoLand on Jun 12, 13 10:10 AM
Here is another Idea you can try:

Pause the game and drop the peeps next to the bed and until you see "trying to make a baby" and the un pause.
To pause the game just hit the space bar

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 12, 13 9:50 PM

Any ideas please?

Can they get a divorce?

Another idea is to try a doctor consult on them to see if they need baby boost before going to the expense of buying it. You will sometimes get a message that says the peep will need baby boost or is unlikely to have a baby. I accidentally found out about this when checking to see if one of my peeps had an infection. It's less expensive than going straight to the baby boost.

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Jun 13, 13 12:19 PM
I'm not sure if you are aware but baby boost is not just for the woman. Men also sometimes need a boost.

Woman won't have babies!

[Post New]by mobby01 on Jun 13, 13 7:55 PM
I accidentally chose a couple whom both say "no way" to having kids in the previous generation. I drag them together, they'll always argue. After many attempts, they'll try to make baby, but having said that, it was never successful. The woman will always walk away halfway.

End up that generation was wiped out as they do not have any children. But I adopted a very handsome youngman to inherit the family. This time round I make sure both are keen to having kids. Now I got 6 kids running around the house

[Post New]by Nativebrave on Jun 22, 13 5:57 AM
I had a couple that wanted children but nothing happend,but twice they had a soft knock at the door and I was able to get two free adoptions

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jun 23, 13 10:49 AM
Sometimes they have one or two kids and just can't seem to produce another even when they both want to. I had a couple where they already had one kid and I bought the check up for the Mom because she was sick a lot. The check up mentioned that she needed Baby Boost! If I am remembering right, I got her the shot and then they managed to have another kid.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 23, 13 11:08 AM
kayette wrote:Sometimes they have one or two kids and just can't seem to produce another even when they both want to. I had a couple where they already had one kid and I bought the check up for the Mom because she was sick a lot. The check up mentioned that she needed Baby Boost! If I am remembering right, I got her the shot and then they managed to have another kid.

Sometimes even the Baby Boost doesn't help. I had a couple that had two kids, and didn't have any more, though they tried. I did the doctor's consultation and they both needed the Baby Boost. It didn't help.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jun 24, 13 8:17 AM
It does seem to be a random thing, I made several tries with one couple who are getting older (and had 2 kids already) and today at age 45 the mom finally had another kid even though she is a 'not really' on the want kids scale. Another couple who are both in the favorable side of having kids had one girl and even though I have had them trying and checked if they need boost, they haven't been able to have another kid and are now over age 50. I know that in VF1 Baby Boost didn't always work and it's the same here. Probably the more times you try, the better the odds of having a kid?

Go to: