Dead Zone by the hose!

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on Apr 30, 13 9:07 AM
How many of you guys have found this spot yet? It's just to the right of the hose, by the bathroom, as close to the hose as you can drop the peeps and they can't move! They just keep standing there, thinking of things to do, but they can't get out of the spot. Try it, it's great for "time out" for kids!

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Dead Zone by the hose!

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on May 1, 13 4:11 PM
I'll have to use this spot to time out my child, she is ALWAYS getting into mischief, jumping on bed, banging dishes, drawing on the wall, etc; little naughty!

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on May 1, 13 4:59 PM
I found another one on top of the wall divider by the first bedroom. It's harder to get them stuck there than it is by the hose on the flowerbox. These spots are so odd, they get stuck there and can't move. And you're right.. they are perfect for naughty kids when the parents are tyring to make a baby and don't want the " Being disrupted!" problem.
At first I thought these spots were a glitch, I'm still not sure if they are supposed to be there or not.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 3, 13 12:17 AM
I don't care if it's a glitch! I seem to have the brattiest little kids running around constantly disturbing everyone so I was thrilled to know about this little "time out" area.
Hey, a parent's got to do what a parent's got to do (to get some sleep, work done, etc.). Yay for the dead zone!

[Post New]by Gamergal919 on May 3, 13 6:06 AM
I found another spot it is on top of the back wall on the large central room my sims can't get out of it

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on May 3, 13 9:02 AM
I just found the one on the top of the back wall of the large central room. Yep, the little brat just has to stay there and not bang dishes while the parents make another baby without being disturbed! I love these "time out" spots! They really come in handy when you want the parents to complete something!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 3, 13 9:23 AM
i stuck a kid with the hiccups in the dead zone. hopping from hiccups actually made him escape--once. i put him back & he managed to stay put awhile longer >

[Post New]by Gamergal919 on May 3, 13 12:53 PM
I love the time out spots I have one who was banging on dishes on the large central room wall and I have the other who was drawing on walls by the hose it is time for the third baby while kids are in time out. ?

[Post New]by Gamergal919 on May 3, 13 5:18 PM
Just found a new spot it is in bedroom 1 on the left window just place them on the window and they will be stuck I will put their son there he does not want to sleep at 9:00 at night!

[Post New]by pamelaann417 on May 3, 13 5:30 PM
The parents were "interrupted' twice when trying to make a baby by one kid switching off and on the lights and the other banging dishes. I put both kids on the time out spots and finally had a third child!! Great idea to add these spots!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 5, 13 2:58 AM
found another dead zone! this is the front deck area before it get fixed. the spot is just inside the deck area, back right, the side touching the stairs. it works great until you renovate the deck.

[Post New]by Lolgal12300 on Jun 7, 13 10:12 AM
I put my kids in the dead zones but they just get up and go do something. But before I knew about the zones I just disciplined them by smacking them with the red globe and sending them to military school. (boarding school) lol

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 7, 13 12:53 PM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with horribly bratty rug rats, lol! Other than when they turn 14, (I love that day!), the only thing I've found that helps is to constantly put them onto toys and then praise them when they are "playing". I also praise them for playing train, jumping down stairs, playing in the workshop, anything that doesn't disturb the parents, and of course, I wack the heck out of them with the red glove when they do something they shouldn't, bwa-ha-ha-ha-! It does work, but I love the idea of the dead zones! You can bet I'll be trying those! I did wonder if that dead zone has anything to do with why my peeps won't water the flowers in the window boxes of the large room in the back, that's a goal, I think.

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Jun 7, 13 2:48 PM
I found two other dead zones. One is in the west auxiliary room (I use that as the laundry room for most of my peeps) and the other one is at the shower in the first bathroom. I found both of them by accident.

Go to: