bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Diary in Russian?

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Apr 30, 13 10:44 AM
Anybody else run into this? I'm humming along checking my diary, and now all succeeding pages come up in the Russian language. Hope I'm not missing anything important!

eag2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Diary in Russian?

[Post New]by eag2 on Apr 30, 13 10:49 AM
Same here.

[Post New]by Bree59 on Apr 30, 13 3:14 PM
I'm having the same problem plus I've been taken back to the beginning almost!

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Apr 30, 13 8:41 PM
pages 26 - 28 in Russin... what is that?

Ktallia
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ktallia on May 1, 13 2:04 AM
Just noticed that as well. Up to page 24 everything is in english after that its all in russian.. what the heck? Has anyone gotten to a point in the dairy where it's stopped being in russian and gone back to english?

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 1, 13 8:30 AM
Not only is the diary in Russian, but many of the *translations* do not make sense! This game appears somewhat unfinished and unchecked, imo.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on May 1, 13 6:58 PM
zephyrzodiac wrote:Not only is the diary in Russian, but many of the *translations* do not make sense! This game appears somewhat unfinished and unchecked, imo.

Very true... as if in the rush to release a "new game every day", someone forgot to test it... I found names of files on puzzles...

[Post New]by MsFireDragon on May 1, 13 8:15 PM
I've run into the same with the diary suddenly reading in Russian (good thing I can still read it). I also noticed that whoever 'programmed' this game obviously doesn't SPEAK English since much of the dialouge makes no sense whatsoever.

Big Fish I love you,but you dropped the ball on this one.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on May 1, 13 8:23 PM
Not only don't they speak English, they don't even have access to a decent Russian/English Dictionary...

It's a pity, the game would be excellent if only they'd tested it and checked the language more carefully.

[Post New]by ShadowDrake on May 1, 13 9:36 PM
Oh good I wasn't the only person who's journal suddenly decided it was Russian. I only speak two languages English and Deutsche - not to mention the butchering of an Scottish accent but that is for other none gaming endeavors. Hmmm I suppose if we REALLY get curious we could find an English to Russian translator and do a lot of copy/pasting. But in all I found I really didn't need the journal - I found the map WAYYYY more useful.

In all I kept feeling like I was playing the "beta" of the game instead of the final playable game. Hmmm - I see a game update in all of our futures which will hopefully fix this little problem.

Shad

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 2, 13 5:36 AM
ShadowDrake wrote:....
In all I kept feeling like I was playing the "beta" of the game instead of the final playable game. Hmmm - I see a game update in all of our futures which will hopefully fix this little problem....

100% agree--seems like a beta.
When is patch/update coming ?

Game looks rather interesting but so many issues, & the Russian 1/2 of the diary is IMO just one strong example of rubbish (or no!) pre-release quality control.

Disappointed in BFG...

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on May 2, 13 8:38 PM
I also have Russian in the diary and file names in some of the scenes! I used my punch card for this one waiting for a new collectors game to come out. It's a shame this wasn't caught before it was put out there, but I will say it did make me chuckle and wonder - WHAT'S NEXT before I finish the game. Hope BF can update with corrections soon.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 3, 13 3:28 PM
Hey Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in to thank you all for letting us know about this issue, and our Team upstairs is currently working with the developer to figure out why the diary is not translating to English correctly!

In the meantime if you'd like some different options for the game one of our Reps from Customer Support will be happy to help!

Thanks again and swim strong!

bfgIzara

Go to: