too stupid for game

[Post New]by LVGrammy on Apr 30, 13 1:50 PM
I love this type of game but I dont understand the objective. I get past the levels but really don't understand how I am doing it. Anybody able to explain this game to me and its objectives. I can't use the shovel anywhere. why not?

m0r0n
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

too stupid for game

[Post New]by m0r0n on Oct 2, 13 1:35 AM
LVGrammy wrote:I love this type of game but I dont understand the objective. I get past the levels but really don't understand how I am doing it. Anybody able to explain this game to me and its objectives. I can't use the shovel anywhere. why not?

Me too! I don't get it, what it means by things like "point energy to (?) to activate" the arrows bob around, it seems to move forward for no reason...what is a "long string?" It suddenly seems to scroll up. All the other posts on this forum seem to have subjects I've never seen on the game.
feel like a total idiot after killing myself to get it to stop crashing from 2 different vendors!

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:too stupid for game

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Oct 17, 13 1:47 PM
Hello Grammy and m.r.n, I hope I can help you even if it has been some time since you posted.

The basic premise of this game is to create a path for energy to flow from one end of the layout to another.
The source of magical energy is trapped, and will flow only "through the cleared cells of the field".
This means that you have to make matches by stringing together 3 or more pieces or chips of the same colour. That will remove them, and when that happens the background tiles they sit on will also be removed. This background can be several layers deep, so you must make matches on the same spot several times for the field to be completely clear.
So if you start a new player, on level one you will see the "source" of the magical energy of Air - looks a bit like pinkish mist. It is contained on a dark field background, with tiles/chips on every cell. An area of lighter background surrounds this, and this will be a sandy colour. It stop the pinkish mist from flowing - sort of like a layer of mud.
Make some matches and you will see that the background "mud" layer dissolves, leaving a darker background - you have an open path.
If this path connects with the pinkish mist (i.e energy), then voila - the energy will flow over all the cleared cells.
And the screen will follow this flow, so if you made a lot of matches and cleared a lot of background before opening a path for the energy, then the energy suddenly has a lot of place to fill. Like a dam opening, the energy will flow quickly and your view will follow.
You will see blinking arrows pointing in the direction of the goal for the energy, so the idea is to make matches and clear the background in that direction.

There are places where you can only get past by releasing a bomb - and it will be released if magical energy touches it. So - make certain that the energy has an open path to connect with the bomb or mine, it will then shoot out fire to melt the metal blocks in your way.

Long strings are simply matches that consist of many chips. A string of 5 or more chips will create an explosion at the end of the string/match - this comes in handy to break stones or a large area you cannot reach otherwise. Chain together 5 pieces and hold - you will see a faint circle around the end piece. This is the area affected by the ensuing explosion. The larger (meaning longer) match, the larger explosion will come at the end. So it is important to know where to start your chain, and where to end it for the explosion.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Oct 17, 13 1:57 PM
The shovel is a power-up that can help you with clearing the background layer, and the power-ups all have different uses.
They must first be "charged" - meaning that you must make matches with chips of a certain colour - the spade will charge with the green chips (you see a little green icon attached to the spade icon in the lower right corner). A certain number of green matches fill fully charge the Spade, and only then can it be used.

The purpose of the Spade is to remove one layer of background - so naturally you cannot use it on already cleared tiles. It is smart to wait until you come to an area where it is narrow and few tiles available to create matches. Then simply click on the spade icon, it will attach to your cursor if it is fully charged, then click again on the tile you want removed.
After use, it must then be charged again.

[Post New]by bbilani on Nov 27, 13 11:04 AM
i think I'm too stupid for this game, also! I'm only on level 3, Air Pegasus, and it won't let me do anything! There's an arrow at the top, but no matter what I click on, NOTHING happens! HELP, PLEASE!!
TY!

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Jan 6, 14 1:47 PM
I hope you managed to continue playing, I see your post is from November 2013.
I am not certain what your problem can be, but as you did get to level 3 you must have done it right in the two previous levels.

For others perhaps unfamiliar with this type of matching:
This is a chain-M3, so simply clicking will not help. To make a successful match, you must make a chain of at least 3 of the same colour tiles.

Find a group of at least 3 identical tiles, click-and-hold on one of these tiles (i.e left-click and do not let go of the button). Now, while still holding the mouse-button pressed, drag your cursor to the next identical tile, and the next and the next. You will see arrows forming between them, to form a chain. The longer chain the better. Then, when you have no more tiles to chain, simply let go of the mouse button to sort of release the chain.
You have now made a match, and if the tiles you used were placed on a background, this will now disappear and the energy can flow along the path you just created.

If you make matches where there is no energy flowing, then nothing will happen, as the board will always follow the energy.

On this particular level, the energy starts out as a pinkish mist swirling at the two bottom rows. There is an obstruction layer (the background the tiles sit on) for 6 rows, and in order to 'drive' the energy upwards you must create a path - meaning simply to remove the background layer by making chains with the tiles on that layer.
If this energy now flows in the direction of the arrow then you are on the right path,
as the flashing arrow hints to which direction your goal is.

lilrikku32
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by lilrikku32 on Jan 11, 14 3:56 PM
The Game is not that hard to figure out, use the Casual mode / no time limit first play through. That way you can figure out the mechanics of the game. If you want, you can play again on the other Mode. The slider puzzles can be found on youtube, just use search (Example) 4 Elements 2 Level ( put in number ).

[Post New]by Ruth721 on Jun 4, 14 7:26 AM
I'm not a big time game player and I also struggled a bit with this game. Once I figured it out I loved it. I suggest you play the first 4 Elements before trying this one if you still can't figure it out. The original 4 Elements has explanations as you go along which will lay the ground work for this edition. I wish I had done this, it would have made things a lot easier.

Go to: