autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

All The Animals _ update of how many animals you can have in the game

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Apr 30, 13 7:30 PM
So I got to the point in the game where I could buy one of each of all the animals, this game is wonderful, I can truly be the crazy cat lady down the street. And dog lady, lizard and spider lady *(yes I got ALL of them< LOL)

I just wish it had a feature where you could name the pets, plus when you click on them it would tell you what they were doing like the peeps that you can click on...

Edited on 05/04/2013 at 3:15:32 PM PST

Re:All The Animals

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 1, 13 1:50 PM
I am so happy that in this game you can have more than one pet too! I hated having to give up my current one for the next one in the previous game. I won't be getting all of them but I'm excited to collect all the ones I want - mostly cats, crazy cat lady here too! I am finding that multiple pets does complicate things a little with regards to sleeping. I currently have 2 dogs and a cat and they all piled into bed with the 3-year-old who must have felt so crowded he jumped up and climbed into the next bed to sleep.

I think it's cool too, how the breed acts true to form. I have to assume this was intentional and not some weird glitch. My lab wants to be hanging out with the people way more than the other pets and that's so true of labs. And the puppy and kitten are always staying together - very cute. I agree with you, I wish I could name them too!

dhoneykids3
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dhoneykids3 on May 1, 13 4:06 PM
I have one kitten, and I love that you can click on the pet dishes to fill them up I too was wishing I could name pets.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 2, 13 2:14 AM
It's definitely great that you can have so many pets, I just miss being able to get a bunny (no love for the little hoppers!).

Try dragging one of your little friends on the pets to see what happens, I love doing it!

catfrog
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by catfrog on May 2, 13 10:24 AM
I'm wondering what the maximum amount of pets is! I have one family with 5 kittens - it's a hoot to see them all rush to the kitchen and beg for scraps when the family is eating. Since this family is first generation, will they still be around when the kid inherits the house?

rozg1966
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rozg1966 on May 2, 13 1:00 PM
catfrog wrote:I'm wondering what the maximum amount of pets is! I have one family with 5 kittens - it's a hoot to see them all rush to the kitchen and beg for scraps when the family is eating. Since this family is first generation, will they still be around when the kid inherits the house?

yep, i'm on 3rd generation and the pets carry over to each generation.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on May 2, 13 7:21 PM

great idea....how many pets can you have? It's not like they take up a lot of space or resources

How many pets can you get....

*off to try that theory out*

I WILL BE THE CRAZY CAT/DOG/LIZARD/SPIDER LADY!!!!!
WHWHWHHWHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on May 2, 13 7:30 PM
I just bought a second set of all the animals, and I have a LOT of pets now.....

I will keep buying more as able and see how many you can truly get....

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on May 3, 13 4:57 AM
KItten was very upset this morning when not fed promptly! It was a hoot to have the teensy kitten fussing at me! Very happy when fed!

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 3, 13 11:01 AM
I too am very pleased with the fact that now, you can have more than one pet! It's also fun to be able to pick them up. I can't wait to own the pet which is locked until generation 7, I wonder where I will be able to put it ...

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 3, 13 11:25 AM
I think it's cute that the peeps can interact with the pets. The wife in my second family died so I bought him a kitten and I like putting him on the kitten so he can pet it.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:All The Animals _ update of how many animals you can have in the game

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on May 4, 13 3:18 PM
*drumroll*

You can have 18 total pets, any kind you want, but 18 only. I just bought my 3rd set of 12 animals, and six of them would not move, and when you set them down became like furniture (would not move, you could not pick them up, ect)

So I took them out of the game, if anyone has gotten anymore than I do please post it in here. however the game would only allow 18.

Also, you cannot seem to throw them out, or resell them back I. E. toss them outside the fence. so I am stuck with six lawn ornaments which I keep up in my bins, but just wanted to pass the info along.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 5, 13 3:04 AM
autumn_leaf wrote:*drumroll*

You can have 18 total pets, any kind you want, but 18 only. I just bought my 3rd set of 12 animals, and six of them would not move, and when you set them down became like furniture (would not move, you could not pick them up, ect)

So I took them out of the game, if anyone has gotten anymore than I do please post it in here. however the game would only allow 18.

Also, you cannot seem to throw them out, or resell them back I. E. toss them outside the fence. so I am stuck with six lawn ornaments which I keep up in my bins, but just wanted to pass the info along.

how do you manage with 18 pets begging at the table? i'm curious lol

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 5, 13 3:46 AM
autumn_leaf wrote:*drumroll*

I sold my sofa and did not closed the decorate bar. Then I clicked accidently on my puppy, he disappeared and I got the message that I have sold a furniture. So you can sell your pets after selling a furniture. Maybe it is a glitch in my game.

catfrog
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by catfrog on May 5, 13 8:18 AM
ayala1402 wrote:

how do you manage with 18 pets begging at the table? i'm curious lol

My family is up to seven cats. When they start meowing at the table, click on the food to refill, if empty, or click 2x to empty and refill - they quiet down and go running for their own food. Works for the dogs too .

If the lizards beg for scraps too, that will completely make my day, lol.

Edited on 05/05/2013 at 8:21:16 AM PST

[Post New]by PICKLEFIEND12 on May 7, 13 1:00 PM
I've only got a dog and a cat, and while my family sat down to eat I thought, lets make kitty go swimming in the kiddie pool. Turns out when I put either animal in the pool they get stuck there, just keep turning around

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 7, 13 8:29 PM
PICKLEFIEND12 wrote:I've only got a dog and a cat, and while my family sat down to eat I thought, lets make kitty go swimming in the kiddie pool. Turns out when I put either animal in the pool they get stuck there, just keep turning around

Too bad that doesn't work on the kids. I have a couple I'd like to velcro to the walls.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 17, 13 9:31 PM
I didn't realize you could purposely make the animals stick to the water in the pool...and here I was already thinking it was pretty weird that whenever I come back to check on my game all the animals are walking on water! The first time it happened it was snowing and I thought they were stuck on ice (thought the pool turned into a skating rink when it snowed but no such luck - wouldn't that have been cool though?!) but then it kept happening no matter what the weather was doing. Very strange. I have to keep plucking them off the water.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 17, 13 9:32 PM
lorie56 wrote:Too bad that doesn't work on the kids. I have a couple I'd like to velcro to the walls.

They do seem brattier this time around don't they!

Go to: