GetitGotit
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Developer Record beaten?

[Post New]by GetitGotit on Apr 30, 13 8:32 PM
I keep getting this message come up when I complete a chapter. Just what does that mean? Surely it doesn't mean I did better than the person who wrote the game? IO mean I'm good but not that good.

Re:Developer Record beaten?

[Post New]by lucyfur1 on Apr 30, 13 10:00 PM
I get that message as well and I am a lousy player. So It must be an error at least when I am playing!!!

[Post New]by nyx05di on May 10, 13 11:51 AM
I noticed I only get the "Developer Record beaten" if I complete the level before the time bar goes into the blue/purple (prior to the white line). I think it's the equivalent of getting the gold time in other games.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 10, 13 4:53 PM
Don't beat yourselves up! You probably played a great game!

First, it's likely that the Developer Record is an average of several of the dev's scores so beating an average isn't like beating their very best and/or fastest player.
Second, the score is made up of several parts: buildings, upgrades, supplies amassed, workers, and time.

Beating the dev's record isn't supposed to be impossible, but rather, a fun challenge. Different strategies on levels that take advantage of different parts of the score might just give you that edge to beat record. Enjoy the achievement!

Go to: