bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Island of Death: Demons and Despair

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 1, 13 12:29 AM
When they decided to spend their honeymoon on a wonderful island retreat, Natalie and John could not imagine the terrible experiments that would be conducted on them. Right when the couple arrived at the island, demons broke out and attacked the island’s inhabitants and infected everyone with a mysterious disease! Fortunately, Natalie managed to avoid infection. Help Natalie find a way to cure John and save the island in Island of Death: Demons and Despair!

Re:Island of Death: Demons and Despair

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 13 1:19 AM
Is it zombie week???

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 1, 13 1:27 AM
Ha Ha , i think so dobbie unlike the two reviewers, i strangely like the game well i did until it froze on me !!!! going back in to give it another go, did you play and like it dobbie ????

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 13 1:32 AM
Hi Crispypot,

I don't know what to think with this game.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on May 1, 13 1:44 AM
Really fast download (2nd day on the trot woo hoo). I think the title is hilarious and just can't take the game seriously because of it - they could also have included doom, dread, desperation, and my own personal favourite - disappointment . I also laughed at the 'now this is useful' message when you picked something up - it was a skull!

I wont be buying because if failed my 'if there's more than two H0 scenes in the first 10 minutes I'm not buying' rule.

It did seem dated though - I'm off to continue feeding my little zombies with brainz and stuff in Plight of the Zombie. Perhaps Zombie Week (thanks dobbie) can be continued with Plants vs Zombies II (oh! be still my beating heart - will it ever come out?)

O O O I've got it - it should have been Delta of Dread: Disappointed Despairing Demons

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 1, 13 2:04 AM
I didn't have any tech problems at all. I love Zombie's and it's worth a punch card to me. Don't give up...at least play out the free hour demo before you decide. I think it's a fun game.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 1, 13 2:35 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Hi Crispypot,

well dobbie, i did go back in and it played fine to the end of the demo, i also did buy it, its not the best but i`m intrigued for some reason, like lovetomisslisa i used coupon code and i think its gonna be fun give it a go !!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 13 5:02 AM
The same as LovetoMissLisa and crispypot (LOVE that name. LOL!) I like the game and left a review.

Edited on 05/01/2013 at 5:03:36 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 13 5:08 AM
crispypot wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Hi Crispypot,

well dobbie, i did go back in and it played fine to the end of the demo, i also did buy it, its not the best but i`m intrigued for some reason, like lovetomisslisa i used coupon code and i think its gonna be fun give it a go !!
I give it a try. And I was suprised that the demo ended. So, I like it.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 1, 13 5:42 AM
Well I have to post something here, I have been reading the reviews and they all stunk so I didn't bother DL any games, why waste my time. In any event, I lost the 4 punches I had, and I see todays is bad too. Oh well I'm addicted to Fishdom3 right now

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 13 7:54 AM
hannah57 wrote:Well I have to post something here, I have been reading the reviews and they all stunk so I didn't bother DL any games, why waste my time. In any event, I lost the 4 punches I had, and I see todays is bad too. Oh well I'm addicted to Fishdom3 right now

Mine didn't stink. LOL! I am liking this game, very interesting and not too many HOS

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 1, 13 1:04 PM
I am having problems with this game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and used up my last 3 min. trying to find a mop that did not get downloaded with the game. If this glitz is fixed I will buy the game. Otherwise I will not buy a game that goes nowhere if an hos scene is not completed.

Edited on 05/01/2013 at 1:04:37 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on May 1, 13 2:58 PM
I tried it but I didn't like it. What happened to the days when we would get "good" games inbetween the CE games?

[Post New]by heatherington on May 1, 13 4:01 PM
This game is better than the title. I enjoyed myself with all the puzzles and I only had to skip two of them. I saw some posts that said they could not see the achievements and I had to stare at the beginning of the game for a while before I saw them at the place where you press play to your right. It was very enjoyable especially when you got the oil can that was tipped over on its side and they called it a butter dish! Game play was easy and I'm glad I bought it. The developers are fairly new or we just haven't heard much about them. I don't remember seeing them before. Anyway I got my husband out just in time and we are alive and well.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 1:10 AM
Hi Fishies!

Just swimming in with some good news!

We have a new build of this game that addresses issues like those with the mop.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 9, 13 11:11 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:I am having problems with this game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and used up my last 3 min. trying to find a mop that did not get downloaded with the game. If this glitz is fixed I will buy the game. Otherwise I will not buy a game that goes nowhere if an hos scene is not completed.

Whoever wrote that the mop (looks like a patio broom or push broom to me) doesn't appear until you buy the game. Finally finished the game.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 30, 13 5:51 PM
Finally managed to finish this one, doubt I will re-play. A lot of HO scenes, dark and it never stopped raining! Also I found the game controls to be hesitant, at one point everything froze and I had to CAD to get out. Also language issues - first time I have ever seen an oil can referred to as a butter dish.........

Go to: