bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Island of Death: Demons and Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 1, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/04/2013 at 1:05:07 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Post any Island of Death: Demons and Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 1, 13 2:39 AM
The game went to a black screen on me twice. I had to use the task manager to get out of the game. Come on BFG, it shouldn't be this hard to play a game. And yes everything is up to date. And I sent a Dr. Felix.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on May 1, 13 3:16 AM
Robilyn wrote:The game went to a black screen on me twice. I had to use the task manager to get out of the game. Come on BFG, it shouldn't be this hard to play a game. And yes everything is up to date. And I sent a Dr. Felix.

Same thing happened to me!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on May 1, 13 3:52 AM
Me too! It played fine for about 10-15 mins and crashed! Also had to use task manager to get out of game...shame too, I rather liked the hidden object scenes and yes, my computer is up to date..

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on May 1, 13 4:46 AM
Hi everyone , did you try go back in and play ??? mine crashed too about ten mins in but when i went back into it it played fine hope you`ll give it a go

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on May 1, 13 5:46 AM
mine too!!

[Post New]by auntiepunch on May 1, 13 5:47 AM
what is going on with the bed room freezes whenever I enter but hint button keeps going to bedroom

[Post New]by benny_92 on May 1, 13 7:18 AM
My anti-virus software (Stopzilla) wouldn't let me download this game because it said the game needed to be quarantined. I have never had any of my anti-virus software, and I have had a lot of them, not let me download a Big Fish game. I decided to turn off my Stopzilla just long enough to download the game. I hope that decision does not bite me in the **** and infect my computer. I doubt it will, since Big Fish says they scan all games for any kind of malware or virus.

The next step is to try to play the game later this afternoon and see if Stopzilla even lets it run. Fingers crossed!

hibc60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by hibc60 on May 1, 13 8:10 AM
in a hidden object scene and can't pick up the mop - keep going to where the hint says it is but no matter how much I click can't pick it up. there is another item that looks like a mop to me but won't let me pick it up and everytime I leave and go back I have to start all over again. everything else was working great. I play with a PC

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 1, 13 9:03 AM
hibc60 wrote:in a hidden object scene and can't pick up the mop - keep going to where the hint says it is but no matter how much I click can't pick it up. there is another item that looks like a mop to me but won't let me pick it up and everytime I leave and go back I have to start all over again. everything else was working great. I play with a PC

Me too. Can't go any further. I clicked all over the place that the hint says the mop should be. No mop!!!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 1, 13 9:16 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

If you're experiencing a black screen issue or if the game is freezing and your video card driver is up to date I would recommend trying and running the game as an administrator.

For that mop issue it may help to uninstall and reinstall the game to help get all of the files in order.

If those suggestions don't help then please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support and they'll do everything they can to help get that working! To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

benny_92: Our games are guaranteed to be virus free so no worries! Sometimes an anti-virus program can accidentally flag the game files, but if you're ever concerned just write in to our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a closer look!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

krb2460
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krb2460 on May 1, 13 10:08 AM
I'm also having the same issue as everyone else with the mop. My trial time ran out while trying to click on it. Ugh! Very annoying. Don't want to purchase it if I can't get past this issue. A screenshot would be great, wish there was a walkthrough.

UPDATE: When I purchased the game, I was able to see the mop. It wasn't there during the trial game but it was very clear after purchase.

Edited on 05/01/2013 at 4:42:29 PM PST

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 1, 13 10:09 AM
My screen goes totally black as well when I move to a different location. I too have to get out using task manager. I do go back in and play some more and then the same thing happens. No buy for me until fixed.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 1, 13 11:24 AM
ok.. update from my last post. I did buy this game - well, I used a free game coupon. Anyway, I have had no tech issues since purchasing the game. No more black screens. Just an FYI

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on May 1, 13 11:58 AM
me too, not keen on these were I get access violation messages, smacks of testing issues - won't play any further or buy - not keen that it leaves debris on hard drive after deletion that you have to manually remove either!!! tut tut Big Fish, seriously starting to think I need to look elsewhere for quality, safe games!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 1, 13 1:06 PM
There is no mop in my game either. It looks like some of the BFG portals that distribute the game sent out the "progression blocker" version to customers.

jlezard
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by jlezard on May 1, 13 2:13 PM
The mop looks like a "toothless" rake. It is on the ground about mid scene. Hope this helps. happy gaming.

[Post New]by Ninnasmommy on May 1, 13 3:55 PM
I have started playing the game...everything was going great then once I get to the cemetery the screen went black! the game restarted just fine but now the hints don't work, and even though I have gone to every location
there is nothing for me to find, no sparkles for hogs nothing.. it's just like the game has stopped working!!

bfgIzara told me
"I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help realign the needed files for the game to play correctly. "

well I did that... even cleaned the registry so all traces of the game were gone from my computer!
reinstalled the game....starting the game from the very beginning and am STILL having the same problem...
sounds like a tec problem that they have yet to acknowledge!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 1, 13 4:03 PM
Hi Fishies,

Thank you for letting us know that the mop isn't working properly and that some of you are experiencing black screens. We'll be looking into this to determine what might be causing that to happen. In the meantime, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can offer troubleshooting advice on getting past those issues.

We certainly want you to be able to enjoy the game, and hopefully we can get that fixed quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by missswiss3 on May 1, 13 5:05 PM
Played for 10 min. then went to black screen and the started flashing and all cut up scenes... What is wrong with this game and can it be fixed... Thank you

Go to: