bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! May 2, 2013

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 2, 13 4:20 PM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Trade Mania 2! This latest version fixes issues with custom game settings not saving.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! May 2, 2013

[Post New]by Valdy on May 3, 13 2:25 AM
At last !! Thank you so much, developers.

katyshrimp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by katyshrimp on May 3, 13 5:25 AM
Didn't work for me. Still reverts to 50% Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, even turning off my PC inbetween.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on May 3, 13 8:24 AM
katyshrimp wrote:Didn't work for me. Still reverts to 50% Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, even turning off my PC inbetween.

That's odd because it has fixed the issue for me - and I've checked both ways (quitting to both main menu and completely closing the game).

Maybe give it one more try - and, oy, I hate to say this, but check to see if you are running in administrator mode - there's a link in the technical issues thread. I've been running the game that way ever since it was suggested.

FYI - the fix moved the Mandatory audit and Medical insurance cards to the far left.

AND, while it's fixed the percentage, the game still stalls when an AI opponent goes in the negative - doesn't happen every time...so I can't quite figure out what criteria makes it stall.

Most of all I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to Dekovir and Big Fish for listening to us and fixing the game! Most appreciated.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 3, 13 12:19 PM
Well, it worked for me as well. I started a new custom and set it to 100%, and when I exited the game and came back in, it was still on 100% (instead of 50% where it always ended up before). So yes, it definitely worked for me. All I did was uninstall the game and then install the new version.

Edited on 05/05/2013 at 3:26:56 PM PST

katyshrimp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by katyshrimp on May 4, 13 5:18 AM
Well I guess I was 'running on gingerbeard wheels' Hubby's favourate saying when things don't work the first time. But Many thanks fisgies all is working now. Good work Decovir.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 5, 13 3:28 PM
I have only just realised that when you play a Custom game, and you land on "P" (Parking), and when you then skip a turn, it doesn't say "skips a turn" as it should, and as it does say in the Campaign games.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on May 5, 13 4:20 PM
Actually, I think that's the bug whereby when an AI player goes in the negative the game locks up. I've noticed that when the notices don't appear over the players' heads (like for the skip a turn at the parking spaces) then the notice doesn't appear that the AI player has sold a building, and the game locks up. So now, if I see that the notices aren't appearing, I stop the game (save to main menu) then restart and the notices appear and so far, no more locking up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 6, 13 3:14 AM
It seems that I have been lucky in that the game has so far not locked up. One of my AI players went into minus and right after went bankrupt, but the game continued just the same.
I think the developers have simply forgotten to add that notice over the "P" sign in the Custom games when someone is parked on it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 7, 13 10:41 AM
I just restarted my custom game after one of my AI players went into super early bankruptcy, and lo and behold... now the "Vivien skips a turn" works !! !! !!

What do you make of that? Spooky or just weeeeeird...

[Post New]by Sylvanmoonscape on May 8, 13 10:57 AM
I've updated it, and yes, it doesn't revert to 50% when saving and re-entering, but now anytime I click the Stocks (either before the Stock Exchange is "open for business" or after), I get a system fail and the program locks up. Is anyone else having this happen now?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 13 12:41 PM
Sylvanmoonscape wrote:I've updated it, and yes, it doesn't revert to 50% when saving and re-entering, but now anytime I click the Stocks (either before the Stock Exchange is "open for business" or after), I get a system fail and the program locks up. Is anyone else having this happen now?

Happened to me too. The screen went black once, and the other time it just froze. I am pretty sure we are not allowed to click on the "Stock" button until the newspaper comes up, telling us that the stockmarket is now open. After that you can click on it without problems. I bought some stock from one of the players after I got the "go ahead" from the newspaper.

[Post New]by Sylvanmoonscape on May 10, 13 2:40 PM
But it froze on me even after we were informed by the newspaper that the Stock Exchange was open for business. It worked fine before reinstalling the updated version.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on May 11, 13 7:40 PM
Sylvanmoonscape wrote:But it froze on me even after we were informed by the newspaper that the Stock Exchange was open for business. It worked fine before reinstalling the updated version.

Any chance you clicked on it while it was 'grayed out'? I've had it lock up on me like that - where the screen just goes black - but I clicked on the stocks button while it was grayed out. Learned never to do that again - we have to wait until it's our turn to click that button or we get punished, er, the game locks up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 12, 13 12:48 PM
sewbizzy wrote:Any chance you clicked on it while it was 'grayed out'? I've had it lock up on me like that - where the screen just goes black - but I clicked on the stocks button while it was grayed out. Learned never to do that again - we have to wait until it's our turn to click that button or we get punished, er, the game locks up.

I did the same, Sewbizzy, and I did it with the cards once as well. Both time the game didn't like it and froze on me.

Go to: