bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 3, 13 12:36 AM
You can check out the reviews for the CE version of this game if you wish by clicking the link here!

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/03/2013 at 12:37:07 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 3, 13 8:01 PM

we love Fear For Sale games , we have them all , and this one too. we recommend this game to all HOS game lovers..........................doug & lisa-------------

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on May 4, 13 1:19 AM
This is an excellent game. Many venues, good graphics, lots of hos, not so easy puzzles, option of hos or puzzle, story normal scary stuff, but overall I enjoyed every moment. Thanks BF

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on May 4, 13 3:44 PM
Big disappointment, actually. The demo play had magic but was set in a real world type setting (for a game). But just after that point you enter a "nightmare" area of floating objects, etc., and you stay there for the remainder of the game. I don't like that type of game and wouldn't have bought it if I'd known.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on May 7, 13 12:11 AM
The first two Fear For Sale games were wonderfully imaginative, and this new installment is no exception. Aggel the demon is up to his old tricks, and it's up to us to thwart his evil plans. There are lots of "rooms" to visit and quite a bit of running back and forth, but the interactive map makes the travelling painless. Between the map and the helpful hint system, consulting the walkthrough should not be necessary. Puzzles are not that complicated and the instructions are straight-forward. My only complaint is that the game ended way too soon - I wanted more!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 7, 13 6:53 AM
Solid Entertainment

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

I really enjoyed the CE of this one, and after looking at the SE version, I still think it’s the better deal. But that doesn’t make this second rate by any measure.

If you can stand to forgo the exciting tidbits (MORPHING OBJECTS, COLLECTIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS), this is an excellent game.

You won’t be sorry you bought it.

The game is jammed with interactive list HOs and PUZZLES. There’s so much to do in each scene! Everything is relatively easy, so you don’t get slowed down by lengthy puzzles.

Stuck on that one last item in the HOs? Switch to JIGSAW to complete it without a hint. The jigsaws are fun, too, scenes from the game cut into all kind of weird shapes.

The story’s fun. Viewers at an old cinema are entering, never to be seen again. Now a workmate’s gone too and it’s time for you to find out what’s happening. We run into an old ‘friend’ in the course of our investigation, and that makes it all the more intriguing.

One thing I didn’t understand was the grainy GRAPHICS. I mean, they looked high quality, it was not a definition issue (I think). Was that deliberate? Is that what the film noir info was about maybe?

You can alter the volume on the SOUND, as well as voice, environment and music. But none of these things actually get very loud. There is not a lot of voiceover, but it is good. Lips aren’t synced though.

The ‘Fear For Sale’ series has always provided solid entertainment, and this one is no different.

I recommend this game!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 5, 13 7:42 AM
i actually got increasingly bored with the game as it went on. it had a good interactive map. but. way too many h,o,s for me

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jul 10, 14 8:04 PM
Terribly disappointed. Somehow missed the authors head and there is no way back to get it. Game over.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Sep 3, 14 6:46 PM
I just finished playing the game and popped by to say it's a work of love at every level and detail. Its Phantom of the Opera meets bizarro nightmare type of scenery adds to the intrigue. That boat with all the many heads on the stern & bow + the costumes in the tailor's room, the giant sewing machine part......so cool! A good type of weird.

The story kept me drawn in, the puzzles were easy, the HOPs were easy to difficult (some objects were a bit small). Overall, the graphics could have been a bit more crisp.....maybe this style portrays fear or darkness? I dunno.

I got the SE as morphing objects/collectibles aren't my thing. At today's sale price, it was a steal. Enough said.......it's a superb game!

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Nov 5, 14 11:15 PM
I have very mixed emotions after just finishing the standard version of this game. It was so cool! Beautifully created and produced. I actually really loved the storyline, which I rarely care anything about. I loved the HOPs. The mini-games? Where there any mini-games?? I think it was just too easy. Why have a strategy guide for a game this easy?? Just use the map, which I like as a tool, to help you know where the next objective is. You don't need hints and such. It flows smoothly. I just wanted it to be a touch harder, and much longer. I could play a game like this for a long time. Maybe I should've played the CE version. Enjoy!

Go to: