Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

Peeps Don't Live as Long as in VF1!

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 3, 13 10:58 AM
Hello,

I have just started my third generation of homeowners, and I'm already seeing a trend: the first generation lasted for a few hours short of 1 week, and the second generation lasted for only 6 days! In VF1, they lasted for at least 7 FULL days, if not 8 or slightly more. Are anybody else's peeps constantly passing away in their late 50's or very early 60's, or is it just a coincidence that it has happened twice in a row in my game? I'm very curious about how things are going in other players' games.

Michou

peppiespet
Clownfish
Clownfish
624 Posts

Re:Peeps Don't Live as Long as in VF1!

[Post New]by peppiespet on May 3, 13 11:03 AM
gosh i love vv play them over bit sad i have the cursor prob hope it gets fixed x

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 3, 13 11:23 AM
I have three families. In my first family both the husband and the wife died at age 60. In my second family the wife died at age 62. Last I looked the husband was 61 and still living. My third family is still in their 50's. But I know what you're saying. I had deleted a family and both the husband and wife died before they turned 60.

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on May 3, 13 1:00 PM
So far my oldest peep passed on at the age of 61. His wife suddenly kicked the bucket during her fifties while there were yet two teenagers at home. This was a second generation.

I am wondering if they may live longer as the game progresses and as their living conditions are improved?

Also, could it be that the higher priced foods may be healthier and this may affect life span? During the first and second generations some of us rely on the cheaper food. All or nearly all that my first and second generation have eaten is the 20 coin bag containing mostly grains.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 3, 13 1:24 PM
gran49 wrote:I am wondering if they may live longer as the game progresses and as their living conditions are improved?

Also, could it be that the higher priced foods may be healthier and this may affect life span?

Hello gran49,

I have been buying only organic foods since approximately half-way through generation one, so this doesn't seem to affect life span (not so far, anyways).

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on May 3, 13 2:31 PM
Michou3 wrote:
gran49 wrote:I am wondering if they may live longer as the game progresses and as their living conditions are improved?

Also, could it be that the higher priced foods may be healthier and this may affect life span?

Hello gran49,

I have been buying only organic foods since approximately half-way through generation one, so this doesn't seem to affect life span (not so far, anyways).

It sounds like this may improve health but may not increase longevity.

I do wonder what is the longest lifespan the game is programmed to allow?

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 3, 13 4:15 PM
In the first generation my people passed away with 61. In the second generation with 59. I'm only in the third generation.
There is an award for reaching the age of 65.

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on May 3, 13 5:20 PM
Ayla1402 wrote:In the first generation my people passed away with 61. In the second generation with 59. I'm only in the third generation.
There is an award for reaching the age of 65.

*Bangs head on keyboard*

OOPS..I had forgotten seeing this when I looked at the trophy list. So, we know for sure they can reach the age of 65.

..but, how to help our little friends live that long ! ?

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on May 3, 13 5:26 PM
peppiespet wrote:gosh i love vv play them over bit sad i have the cursor prob hope it gets fixed x

I'm sorry to hear that your game has been cursed with that cursor problem. In my game it is a minor annoyance every so often, but, not enough to really interfere with game play. Sounds like it is worse for some! Hopefully we will soon have the update! I am holding my breath....

Me too..love the VV games and replay them. Also enjoy VF 1 (the original).

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 4, 13 12:32 AM
Maybe they will live longer when all rooms are repaired.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 4, 13 4:09 AM
Ayla1402 wrote:Maybe they will live longer when all rooms are repaired.

I sure hope so!

Anyways, I know (or hope) one of my peeps will be around for more days than the others, because when he moved in, he was only 20 years old!!! He's the youngest adult peep I have ever adopted .

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 4, 13 4:39 AM
I have three families, all in their sixth generation. Only once have I got a parent to 65!

I thought that if I adopted a child later in life, they'd live longer - but alas I now have a single mom walking around with a seven year old. She isn't depressed though, quite the opposite!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on May 5, 13 2:52 AM
have had one family, both lived to 65. 2 others, well, i'm afraid i let them stay sick, then time-warped so one would die & i could go to the next generation. i'm pausing other families since they are good families & trying to make them live as long as possible.

Michou3
Herring
Herring
398 Posts

[Post New]by Michou3 on May 24, 13 10:54 AM
D'oh!...

I decided to sit in front of the computer for five minutes, and look around for collectibles. All of a sudden, my peeps disappeared from the office where they were both working. I thought maybe I pressed something, so I started to look for them. A fraction of a second later, a message came up saying Malachi had passed away... but he was only 57!! I don't think I've ever had peeps passing away this young; his wife Melanie, who is three years younger than him, is still working.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 24, 13 12:09 PM
I noticed something in VF1 and I'm noticing it here again in VF2...my oldest living people tend to be in the first couple generations, then they seem to be dying earlier and earlier each generation. My last one died in their early 50's but my oldest was 1st generation at 62. Don't know how I'll ever get the award for 65 at this rate.

I buy them nothing but organic food and all the rooms are renovated. They are well fed and fairly well rested. I give them vitamins and fruit. I praise them for exercising. I don't know what more I can do to help them live longer as none of these positive, healthy things seem to make a difference.

Maybe check the dev's forums and see if anyone there has answers for improving longevity.

Edit: I have to note that I check on them frequently enough but every single time I put them to bed for the night and leave them until the next morning, several of them end up sick with very low health bars. What gives?

Edited on 05/24/2013 at 12:12:30 PM PST

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on May 24, 13 12:35 PM
gran49 wrote:So far my oldest peep passed on at the age of 61. His wife suddenly kicked the bucket during her fifties while there were yet two teenagers at home. This was a second generation.

I am wondering if they may live longer as the game progresses and as their living conditions are improved?

Also, could it be that the higher priced foods may be healthier and this may affect life span? During the first and second generations some of us rely on the cheaper food. All or nearly all that my first and second generation have eaten is the 20 coin bag containing mostly grains.

I don't know about living longer, but I do think my peeps are healthier when they are able to eat the organic foods. They don't seem to get sick as often. I also try to give them some of all the different bags of groceries, that way it's more of a balanced diet. I think, based on experience with VF1, once they have access to exercise equipment they will be even healthier and live longer. But that's just a guess at this point. My peeps have all lived into their 60's so far.

FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by FadedLily on May 24, 13 12:44 PM
PB2010 wrote:I have three families, all in their sixth generation. Only once have I got a parent to 65!

I thought that if I adopted a child later in life, they'd live longer - but alas I now have a single mom walking around with a seven year old. She isn't depressed though, quite the opposite!

I know in VF1 a younger widower with children was able to marry again. Or you could just go ahead and go to the next generation. The kiddo will be aged to adult so that they are able to be adopted. Although how their ages are decided by the game is a mystery to me, lol!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on May 24, 13 1:15 PM
I'm having peeps die in their mid-fifties, something that I never happened to my peeps in VF1. I know death is random, but come on, life does not end when you're in your 50's!

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 28, 13 6:05 PM
Something disturbing that relates to longevity in this game is the fact that even on pause your people can get sick! I've had this happen twice, to my horror. I always make sure everyone is healthy and fed before hitting pause and I've come back to sick people with diminished health.

Go to: