bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! May 4, 2013

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 12:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Island of Death: Demons and Despair !

This latest version fixes the progression blocks, like those encountered with the mop.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgBaikal

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! May 4, 2013

[Post New]by sweet4grease on May 4, 13 4:00 AM
"Ninnasmommy wrote:
I have started playing the game...everything was going great then once I get to the cemetery the screen went black! the game restarted just fine but now the hints don't work, and even though I have gone to every location
there is nothing for me to find, no sparkles for hogs nothing.. it's just like the game has stopped working!!

bfgIzara told me
"I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help realign the needed files for the game to play correctly. "

well I did that... even cleaned the registry so all traces of the game were gone from my computer!
reinstalled the game....starting the game from the very beginning and am STILL having the same problem...
sounds like a tec problem that they have yet to acknowledge!"

The new build does not address this issue!

[Post New]by mscoachung on May 6, 13 12:59 AM
The updated version still has all the glitches as the original version. Nothing was fixed and I even got past the "mop" problem in the first install. so maybe that was the only thing they fixed?

[Post New]by rosiepup1 on May 7, 13 10:27 AM
I tried the trail, it worked fine. Downloaded full version, it worked for a long while then it went black. Error: Access violation showed. So re-downloaded 5x still error shows.

[Post New]by ajsorren on May 7, 13 3:36 PM
still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still not working.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 7, 13 3:49 PM
Hi Fishies, and welcome to the Pond!

mscoachung,

If you're experiencing the same problems after updating the game, restarting the game with a brand new player profile can sometimes help. In other cases, deleting the old game data may be necessary, and our Tech Support Team will be happy to assist you with that.

rosiepup1,

Access violations can have a few different causes, but our help article here might have some tips that could get the game working normally:

Access Violation

ajsorren,

As mentioned above, it can sometimes help to start over with a brand new profile after reinstalling the game. If the tips above are not helping, our Tech Support Team will be there to assist you so you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on May 9, 13 4:40 AM
I am really fed up. The game was going ok until it seemed to stop and all I had was a blank screen. I exit out and tried play again but it is not giving me any hints now so I don't know where to go next. I am trying to find the ash ready for when I make the solution for the rat.
Can anyone help me please?

[Post New]by mscoachung on May 9, 13 8:20 AM
Finally made it through the whole game. I just never repaired the radio. That was where it crashed every time and it really wasn't neccessary. Just a message that they were going to bomb the island.

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on May 9, 13 9:37 AM
mscoachung wrote:Finally made it through the whole game. I just never repaired the radio. That was where it crashed every time and it really wasn't neccessary. Just a message that they were going to bomb the island.

I am stuck. I need to find some ash. Where is it please?

UPDATED PC version now available! May 4, 2013

[Post New]by JMKliebert on Jun 11, 13 12:34 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Island of Death: Demons and Despair !

This latest version fixes the progression blocks, like those encountered with the mop.

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support Team</a> with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgBaikal

Go to: