bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Island of Death: Demons and Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 1:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Island of Death: Demons and Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by sweet4grease on May 5, 13 2:08 PM
Ninnasmommy wrote:
I have started playing the game...everything was going great then once I get to the cemetery the screen went black! the game restarted just fine but now the hints don't work, and even though I have gone to every location
there is nothing for me to find, no sparkles for hogs nothing.. it's just like the game has stopped working!!

bfgIzara told me
"I would recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can help realign the needed files for the game to play correctly. "

well I did that... even cleaned the registry so all traces of the game were gone from my computer!
reinstalled the game....starting the game from the very beginning and am STILL having the same problem...
sounds like a tec problem that they have yet to acknowledge!

I have exactly the same problem in exactly the same place. Uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. This IS a tech problem. I have a brand new laptop (less than a month old) with all updates and am playing in Windows 8 with Google Chrome.

The new build hasn't addressed this issue.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 6, 13 2:31 AM
Heya sweet4grease,

I'm really sorry to hear about your game just going black like this and not working properly afterwards.

As uninstalling and reinstalling didn't solve the problem it might also be a good idea to check if all your drivers are up to date as since even new computers don't always have the newest software available due to the fact that all software is installed at the time the computer is being manufactured. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 6, 13 10:45 PM
I had the black screen and followed the above info. I had to reboot. The the hint button would not show it self. lol

This game is still to buggy for me.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 7, 13 3:18 AM
Heya care___916,

I'm sorry to hear that updating the drivers didn't help solve the black screen that you are seeing as well.

In this case I would definitely recommend to get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team and to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message so they can have a look at everything for you.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on May 12, 13 2:03 PM
I've tried to get other help and have had no reply...so I hope you can help me here!
I am on the ladder looking at the star in the ceiling - the one that goes on the chest (yes, I've found the chest). Unfortunately when I try to get the star, it says I have to get something big to break the chest. (?) If it's a glitch that's fine...but nothing has made me able to continue with the game - I've tried using items on the star but no good.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 13, 13 3:30 AM
Heya shanyem,

It sounds like there might be a step missing before you can get that star, maybe find another item first? I would recommend going back and checking previous locations to see if you can find something that could help you.

If you can't find anything it might also be thatwe could fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling the game to make sure that all the files are working properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by KarenAnnIrving on Feb 22, 14 6:49 PM
Not sure whether this is a thechnical issue or not

I've got as far as fixing the radio and I think there should be a HOS scene immediately after doing so where you can pick up the hacksaw (looking at the walkthru on YouTube). Unfortunatley, this is not happening.

I've created a new profile and restarted from scatch and get to exaclty the same place and the same thing happens. I've been to every other scene and I don't seem to be missing anything but can't continue in the game.

Is this a tech issue or am I doing something wrong please?

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 7, 14 10:29 PM
I couldn't play the game, in the first scene, still at the hotel, I clicked on the skull, and the graphics went haywire. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, but the same thing happened. Haven't a clue but I deleted the game again.

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Sep 29, 14 7:52 PM
It's a definite game glitch. As mscoachung stated in another thread, just don't fix the radio. That's what triggers the bug. Plays fine if you leave the radio alone (which only lets you know the island is going to be blown up).

Go to: