sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

They could of put a walkthrough not so much for the game...

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 4, 13 3:07 AM
But for the puzzles. I don't like skipping puzzles, but they could have one at least for the solutions. If they can put a walkthrough for some of the TM games where one or two people are actually playing the game, why not this? Just a thought.

Sassy

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:They could of put a walkthrough not so much for the game...

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 4, 13 3:26 AM
I will certainly pass this suggestion along sassylassie!

And feel free to post a new discussion if you want some help with a particular puzzle, I hope to play this game soon and I would be glad to offer some help if I can, as would many other Fishies I'm sure!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 4, 13 4:29 AM
I see what you mean Sassy That second puzzle could have done with a little hint. I did after 1/2 hour solve it though
NO LOL! Do not ask me for a WT! Happy gaming and to you bfgBaikal as well

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 4, 13 6:10 AM
I am sticking to the philosophy I developed several months ago of: No walkthrough = No interest. I came to this conclusion/philosophy after making the mistake of purchasing a game that had no walkthrough either on BFG or the other site many of us use (with the orange cube). Never again! I do not even demo games with no walkthrough. If a walkthrough becomes available later on, I might try it out.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on May 4, 13 9:07 AM
"I am sticking to the philosophy I developed several months ago of: No walkthrough = No interest. "
I 'm with you! also won't buy games without a skip function. I have several Nancy Drew games I can't complete (i.e catch the sheep).

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by judith12 on May 4, 13 10:15 AM
DITTO!! no walkthrough, no buy.

[Post New]by marydow on May 4, 13 3:36 PM
Ditto! Give us a walkthrough and I will snap this up. I'm one of those helpless (hopeless) players who do not need any more frustration. I do not have the patience to spend 45 minutes or more trying to figure out the next move.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 4, 13 3:42 PM
peglegann wrote:I see what you mean Sassy That second puzzle could have done with a little hint. I did after 1/2 hour solve it though
NO LOL! Do not ask me for a WT! Happy gaming and to you bfgBaikal as well

If you're talking about that blue light gave up on that and the one with the stage handles. But I did manage to get the ones with the red arrows that turn pink. And that was sheer luck. And I also skipped the one with the colored balls where you only had 10 moves. I would like to keep my brain intact please thank you very much lol

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 4, 13 3:45 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:I will certainly pass this suggestion along sassylassie!

And feel free to post a new discussion if you want some help with a particular puzzle, I hope to play this game soon and I would be glad to offer some help if I can, as would many other Fishies I'm sure!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Thank you my kind sir please do

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 5, 13 3:11 PM
I did buy with a free game coupon. pretty good game and very very long - I am very dissappointed there was no walkthrough also. I didn't need it for the game but for some puzzles... especially the last one when you have to move the detectives to their colored spots. I had to skip, but I really did not want to - I tried to solve it for 45 minutes.

[Post New]by ksdickinson on May 6, 13 10:52 AM
Penguin29 wrote:I did buy with a free game coupon. pretty good game and very very long - I am very dissappointed there was no walkthrough also. I didn't need it for the game but for some puzzles... especially the last one when you have to move the detectives to their colored spots. I had to skip, but I really did not want to - I tried to solve it for 45 minutes.

Thanks Penguin.....I was trying to find something that told me how long/how many chapters the game was. Thats one of the reasons I like a walk through- so I know if Ive played 75% of the game in the demo. But from all the different posts Ive found, the game appears to be rather long. And Id only gotten as far as just after matching the keys. So apparently I have a way to go. Thanks again! Think Ill get this one.

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on May 6, 13 12:19 PM
No walkthrough? Bummer. I'm stuck trying to put the computer back together. I'm on the red cables attaching. Other than random guessing, I'm not seeing a hint of how we are supposed to logically figure out where they go?

Thanks.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on May 6, 13 12:20 PM
I agree that a walk-through for the puzzles would be a nice feature. Outside of that, I am enjoying the heck out of this game. Not a lot of bells and whistles but a lot of fun. As for a skip feature, I have not purchased a game without one since Nostradamus, which to this day I have not managed to finish

gfkelso
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gfkelso on May 6, 13 1:10 PM
Sullysdragons

Re: Red Cables
count the letters, DVD=3, CD=2, etc.
hope that helps

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 6, 13 2:29 PM
I really liked the puzzles in this game. I am playing it again and making videos of the solutions.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 6, 13 5:22 PM
Thank You Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! I have been saying that for years! This games especially needs one though. I am a bit scared to buy it because I don't know whats in store that is unskippable and to hard for me to solve.

I also use the walkthrough to judge length! It REALLY upsets me to pay for a game I finish in 1 1/2 hrs!! I have learned from experience that the games made from TV shows can especially be that way.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 6, 13 8:06 PM
This game is a very good length. I played it off and on all weekend and I only completed 3 of the 5 chapters. All the puzzles have the skip option.

Edited on 05/07/2013 at 8:46:05 PM PST

[Post New]by chicagofats on May 7, 13 7:31 PM
Suckered. Didn't realize there was no walkthrough until I had already bought the game. Last time that will happen!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 7, 13 10:00 PM
I'm another fishie who really uses walkthroughs. But -- I did demo this game based on reviews and comments. The map and hint button are very useful. I don't have a problem with skipping puzzles! I did purchase it and some day I'll play it. My backlog of unplayed games is unbelievable!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 8, 13 8:33 AM
I have posted video solutions for all the puzzles on youtube. Search for LizzieK2's channel on youtube.

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 8:33:35 AM PST

Go to: