bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Pill and Pin, Limited Hints

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 28, 09 3:34 AM
I just cannot find them and the walkthrough is not helpful. In the Cafe is a "PIN". I have no idea what kind of pin or where it is. I even took a screen shot so I could zoom in but I cannot see the thing and I have no Hints.

In the Clock Store is a "PILL". I have no idea what kind or color, can't find it. Did the screen capture, etc.

Please help!

This game has become more frustrating than fun. I cannot see a number of small objects (the musical notes were killers) and/or dark objects. The only way I found the "GLOVE" was by zooming in on the screen capture and it was not even tiny, just too dark for me.

The fun has gone out of this game as it has become more of an ordeal and I don't know if I will finish it. I can't see a lot of things and there are not enough Hints. The few Hints I have are often lost because of too many clicks.

I was so looking forward to this game, enjoyed the Demo, bought it and soon I realized that I may not be able to finish it. I wish the Relaxed mode had unlimited renewing Hints or unlimited clicks.

When they make a game with so many hard to see items, it just becomes tiresome and no fun

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Pill and Pin, Limited Hints

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Feb 28, 09 4:49 AM
I agree, i had to start 3 times over again.
The problem is you get new things to search in your clue list. ;-)
So I cant help u with your pin and pill.

But i will finish it... Although i try!

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 4:50:05 AM PST

[Post New]by seahagg on Feb 28, 09 4:53 AM
I, TOO HAD A HARD TIME SEEING A LOT OF THINGS AND I FOUND OUT THAT IF YOU PLAY WITH BOTH THE CONTRAST AND BRIGHTNESS ON YOUR COMPUTER MONITOR IN THE PLACES THAT YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY IT REALLY HELPS A LOT--HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YOU ALSO.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 5:05 AM
You get more hints every time you find an object connected to one of the suspects. For instance, with the first guy, it's a cigar, and you'll see cigars throughout the next scenes, until you go into the room of the next suspect. Then, her item is a fortune cookie, and you'll find fortune cookies in a lot of scenes, until you go into the next suspect's room. You have a list of what special object goes with which suspect -- it's the first document you received in your inventory. Plus, every time you finish a chapter, you get more hints.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Feb 28, 09 5:12 AM
The pin is like a old-fashioned hat pin and it's in the top of the upholstered chair.
I don't recall having a problem with finding a pill. My game might be slightly different than yours. Look for items that will up your hint amounts. They are shown on your "rogues gallery list in your suitcase" - mostly cigars at the beginning.
This game is far, far better than anything that BF has put out in a very long time.
Be a bit more patient and don't worry about time running out as it will bring you back to start of that section.

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 5:13:19 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 28, 09 5:21 AM
I am playing Relaxed mode so time is no problem. This does give me a laugh though when I get warned about losing 20 min. if I skip a puzzle. I just don't care about time or scores in any game.

I have been collecting the special objects which give me more Hints but i need more Hints than I can get because I just cannot see so many of the HOs.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 28, 09 6:03 AM
Hi Bribling, just in case you get asked for the pin in the dining cart again, it is in the top right corner of the screen. It is sticking out of the chair. I remember because it was very hard to find. Once you find it, it's hard to click on. I don't know where the pill is but if you still need to know I can find out for you.

Have a good day,

Margie B

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Feb 28, 09 6:14 AM
Started off loving this game but have to agree - it is dark, objects too small and not enough hints. On last Chapter but given up due to eye-strain!!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Feb 28, 09 7:04 AM
I've been looking for a game I would not finish in an afternoon so the difficulty is not an issue for me. I'll just start over and do better next time. I do find the limited hints a problem. I lose hints even after I have found all the objects in the location! I've started finding all the objects I can for all the locations then go back to find the hidden puzzles. I could not use hints for them anyway.
You programers out there should either provide more ways to earn hints or not be so quick to take them away if the game calls for exploring for unidentified items and/or puzzles.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 28, 09 7:09 AM
I have had no problems with the hints, I have 18 at the moment, and am in Paris, playing relaxed mode.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 28, 09 8:35 AM
I agree it is very dark, but I am thoroughly enjoying the game. What kills me is having a flashlight and when I get it out, he says it's not necessary! Actually, sunshine, it is!

[Post New]by barbalicious1508 on Feb 28, 09 9:21 AM
I am almost done, and have over 70 hints available, but playing the relaxing mode. My problem has been to find the last cigar and fortune cookie. If I don't my inventory is too full to finish the game completely. I can't get the pyramid off my suspect sheet. Your inventory only holds so many items I am thinking. I have yet to finish, but I only have 2 scopes to find and finish the game, but can't because I can't place the pyramid on the round table. Sorry, forgot the name of that room...and the pill and pin were pretty easy for me to find, but I do have a huge screen so I don't have the problems that you are all running into, plus I keep my over head light low and to the side/back of my monitor. That really helps with the dark background.

Sorry I wasn't much help here, but wanted to comment, because I am going to start over for the 3rd time to see if I can clear some inventory to finish! B

[Post New]by elbyshay on Feb 28, 09 9:29 AM
I've been cheating and using a magnifying glass and it really helps. Some things simply can not be seen with the naked eye.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 28, 09 9:47 AM
I agree that the screens are much too dark in this game. Why do game developers do that? This game is the worst I have seen in a while for having black items on a black background or items that are not visible because of the darkness.

Come on developers, LIGHTEN UP!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 28, 09 10:28 AM
You're not going to believe this, but I can't contintue. I couldn't find the flaming crowns so I clicked away like mad and ran out of time. I was then given the option of restarting which I took, but it didn't work. Now all I have is a blank screen. So frustrating. This is the best game out for a long while and I can't contine!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 28, 09 11:11 AM
margie134 wrote:Hi Bribling, just in case you get asked for the pin in the dining cart again, it is in the top right corner of the screen. It is sticking out of the chair. I remember because it was very hard to find. Once you find it, it's hard to click on. I don't know where the pill is but if you still need to know I can find out for you.

Have a good day,

Margie B

Thanks Margie! I will look some more. The top right in this image is the dark, dark ceiling. The only thing I can see up there is a coat hanger and I had to do a screen shot and lighten the image to see that There is a KNIFE sticking in a chair, not a PIN, I clicked on it anyway but no luck.

This may be the end for me as I cannot progress without the PIN and the PILL.

Question - why was it when I tried to go to the Garden early on I was told that I had to get the MUSIC KEY first but once I had that, I was told that I had to get everything else first? I had such a hard time in this area. I almost did not find all those keys even with the Walkthrough and Screen Shots. I have been fooling around in this area for almost two days and am just STUCK with NO HINTS!! I will not replay, chances are I will still have to find the PIN and PILL and I will definitely have to find those music notes. Archaeological fieldwork was easier than this! I found lots of HOs doing that even with a Time Restraint!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 4:28 PM
lentenrose wrote:You programers out there should either provide more ways to earn hints or not be so quick to take them away if the game calls for exploring for unidentified items and/or puzzles.

Actually, there is a way to earn more hints. Each suspect has a special clue item that's available until the next suspect comes into play. For the first part, it's a cigar. Every time you find one, you get another hint. For the second, it's a fortune cookie.

Look on your suspect list in your inventory to see what item special clue item goes with each suspect.

I finished the first time with 36 hints, and I used quite a few hints for the tiny stuff during the game.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 28, 09 6:09 PM
bribling wrote:
margie134 wrote:Hi Bribling, just in case you get asked for the pin in the dining cart again, it is in the top right corner of the screen. It is sticking out of the chair. I remember because it was very hard to find. Once you find it, it's hard to click on. I don't know where the pill is but if you still need to know I can find out for you.

Have a good day,

Margie B

Thanks Margie! I will look some more. The top right in this image is the dark, dark ceiling. The only thing I can see up there is a coat hanger and I had to do a screen shot and lighten the image to see that There is a KNIFE sticking in a chair, not a PIN, I clicked on it anyway but no luck.

This may be the end for me as I cannot progress without the PIN and the PILL.

Question - why was it when I tried to go to the Garden early on I was told that I had to get the MUSIC KEY first but once I had that, I was told that I had to get everything else first? I had such a hard time in this area. I almost did not find all those keys even with the Walkthrough and Screen Shots. I have been fooling around in this area for almost two days and am just STUCK with NO HINTS!! I will not replay, chances are I will still have to find the PIN and PILL and I will definitely have to find those music notes. Archaeological fieldwork was easier than this! I found lots of HOs doing that even with a Time Restraint!

Hi, My apologies, the pin is in the lower right corner, not the top right corner. Let me see if I can find the pill for you, if I do, i will be back. Thanks, Margie B

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 6:14:06 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 6:29 PM
Margie, she's referring to the cafe, not the dining cart.

The pin is an old bowling pin on the table on the right.

I didn't have to find the pill in the clock store, but I looked for it. I think it's the red pill on the table, next to the eyedropper. There's also a yellow binder clip nearby. Let me know if that was it.

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 7:04:31 PM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Feb 28, 09 7:30 PM
That's good to know, thanks BinLA. Have a nice evening
Margie B

Go to: