SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

EXCELLENT GAME !!! And about time !

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Feb 28, 09 5:05 AM
EXCELLENT !!!! That's my rating on this game and it's about time we got a really good game that you don't finish in an hour and the mini "problems" are not so hard that you get so frustrated that it's hair pulling time. I LOVE IT !!

I did have a problem with the note and pencil for a bit, but just keep going over it, especially at the bottom and sides and it will work for you.

If I had glitches that some of you speak of, I'd reload and let BF know of your problems in tech support. Doesn't do much good here in chat.

I did actually run out of time during one episode and was flipping out, but it restarted from the beginning of that part and was much easier/quicker to do that time - also, it seems that they actually "want" you to use your hints to get through it on time.
That's what worked for me. At one point near the end of that section, I actually was give MORE TIME for completing a mini-game. Surprise - surprise ! Worked out great.

Also, if you click on the "wrench" next to the hints it will help you a bit to know what to use in a particular situation.

Hope you all eventually end up enjoying the game - and it seems very "replayable". When it restarted after my running out of time, some of the items were the same, but some were different - so it won't be the same-old, same-old when you play another game.

All around, I hope they keep them coming as good as this one and not the ones we have been getting lately that are - kids games, over in an hour or the puzzles are just too much to deal with for actual enjoyment of the game.

Just enjoy and chat your way to success. LOL SKYE

PS. Looked for the game in Forums last night, but did not see it on the list. Hope they move this chat to it when it's up and running. (Have now found it and moved my comments to this site.)

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

Re:EXCELLENT GAME !!! And about time !

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 5:11 AM
I agree with you. It's a good game that makes you think.

I thought my finger was going to fall off before that note was happy with the amount of lead on it!

I played it in relaxed mode, which you choose when you put your name onto the player's list.

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 5:12:28 AM PST

Blackrock
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Blackrock on Feb 28, 09 5:52 AM
I just started playing this game and I agree, I think it's going to be an excellent and very fun game. Have been waiting for a new Hidden Object game to come out that's challenging and not boring and I think this is it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 28, 09 8:50 AM
This game is excellent- I played for the hour then bought it as I wanted to go on.

The biggest selling point for me was that I did not have to run around wondering what I was doing or needing help or many hints- all the puzzles were logical so if you persisted and thought about it you solved. S

Some of the objects were really hard to find but there was enough hints to help out with that - I had over 20 hint points to use there at one point. (note in relaxed mode here)

The game is a really good length too- it is just right - long enough to feel you have a lot of game and do not get too bored doing same over and over.

A really good HOG and I recommend it to anyone that likes HOGS and puzzles but puzzles you can eventually solve by yourself without searching for that walkthough.

BIG thumbs up

Edited on 02/28/2009 at 8:58:02 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 28, 09 10:12 AM
Our faithful friends at the BFG Pond deserve a round of applause and sincere thanks for this wonderful game! They have, once again, produced a dazzling gem in the HO genre. It has all the features so many of us long for: untimed mode, generous hints, intriguing storyline, beautiful graphics, a difficulty and complexity that keeps us playing for quite awhile to get to the finish, re-play value, excercise (not teeth-grinding frustration) for our "little gray cells". Wow! Whatever "brand" of "fish food" you are using, keep it up. (Whatever it is, the results are fabulous!)

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Feb 28, 09 2:32 PM
WHAT A MARVELOUS GAME... !! Talk about "bang for your buck" there were so many great places to seek out.. graphics were just great.... it stands up there with RTR as far as I"m concerned..and we could SKIP.. I repeat.. SKIP those puzzles we couldn't do... Yippeee Ki- Ya... LOVED IT.. !!

Calling all DEVELOPERS[u]... let this be an example of what turns our cranks. What we are willing to buy...and to think it's going to be continued... Wow... hope we don't have to wait long... !!!

Ok now the beef....... Lord have mercy guys... some of the things were impossible to find.. ( like the notes for example.. and those bloody keys ) can ya be a little gentler next time..? I only used the flashlight once.... and there were other scenes I sure could have used it...Don't tell me I didn't need it here.... I sure did.. !! batteries must have gone dead..Could you send an extra set of batteries with the next game if you are going to have scenes that are as black as Toby's butt... !!! And you could eliminate penalizing me for clicking at least ... seeing you expect me to work in the dark.. !! There are labour laws you know... !!
The first time I played this .. I had to restart when all my hints were gone trying to find those keys in the dark.... which didn't make me happy.

I"ve just played it a second time... and still had a hard time finding everything...but at least I got thru it. Could you have made some of those things any smaller.. sheesh....Hide them ... but don't bury them...Please.. !!

You have every right to be proud of this game... it really is awesome.. good job guys and gals... !!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 28, 09 4:09 PM
LOL, and they could add a little light to the scenes, too? Man, why do they love the darkness so much?

Other than that, great game.

Go to: