Need help with a scene

[Post New]by rosy43 on May 5, 13 2:18 PM
In the bar basement I cannot get the corkscrew to get the cork out of the wine bottle. Any suggestions?

Re:Need help with a scene

[Post New]by ndrouillard on May 7, 13 3:26 PM
Thats the problem I am having too.

Opsimath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Opsimath on May 8, 13 4:35 PM
You may be trying to uncork the wrong bottle. Look around.

bksqd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bksqd on May 8, 13 4:35 PM
I can't get the cork out of the bottle either,what??

bksqd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bksqd on May 8, 13 4:37 PM
THE HINT BUTTON IDENTIFIES THE CORKSCREW WITH THE BOTTLE, STILL DOES NOT WORK

Opsimath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Opsimath on May 8, 13 7:31 PM
No need to yell, bksqd. There is also the possibility that you still have something to do before you can uncork.

bksqd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bksqd on May 9, 13 11:39 AM
Sorry, not yelling, just frustrated! I have tried every thing I know, been all over the scene. I simply cannot get the cork out of the bottle.

[Post New]by suzq52 on May 10, 13 11:14 PM
Will somebody please tell me how to get the cork out of the wine bottle?

[Post New]by molliesu on May 11, 13 6:16 AM
Seems like everyone is having trouble with that cork! I too am getting frustrated - anyone know the solution to the darn cork???

OK - Went back to the scene and all I can say is that after about a dozen times, it finally worked. Just keep trying I guess - no extra step is involved - it's just the opener and the bottle with the little cork. Good luck!

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 6:22:57 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 12, 13 10:01 AM
When you place the corkscrew over the cork be sure that the corkscrew is pulsing before you click on it to use it. I had that problem in some other scenes where I thought I was using the item needed in the correct spot but if I moved it around in the area until it pulsed then it would work.

Edited on 05/14/2013 at 3:00:36 PM PST

[Post New]by HailDorothy on May 13, 13 6:12 PM
My corkscrew doesn't pulse! I've hovered over the 'correct' bottle that the hint button shows and nothing happens. Very frustrating! Any suggestions?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 13, 13 8:30 PM
HailDorothy wrote:My corkscrew doesn't pulse! I've hovered over the 'correct' bottle that the hint button shows and nothing happens. Very frustrating! Any suggestions?
It sounds like you are in the hidden object scene in the Old Haunt basement. Hover the mouse over the small wine bottle behind the larger bottle in the center of the scene until you see the cursor turn to gears. Where the gears appear is the "spot" for the corkscrew. Unfortunately the gears only show up when your hand is empty, so you have to remember exactly where those gears appeared. Then pick up the corkscrew that is in the scene and place it over the neck of the small wine bottle and it should work.

Good luck!

Edited on 05/13/2013 at 9:43:29 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 18, 13 7:06 AM
]THE HINT BUTTON IDENTIFIES THE CORKSCREW WITH THE BOTTLE, STILL DOES NOT WORK
make sure you click in the correct.............

Aquarist
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Aquarist on May 19, 13 8:27 AM
ndrouillard wrote:Thats the problem I am having too.

Me too! I've checked where the gears appear, then picked up the corkscrew but it just flies back to the counter when I click on the bottle. Getting really fed up. That sort of technical issue is unnecessary and extremely frustrating. I have lost count of the number of times I've tried it.

[Post New]by kvalentine3 on May 28, 13 7:42 PM
I cannot get it to work either and I am getting extremely frustrated as well! Has anyone else had any luck yet?

[Post New]by plantgrl2002 on May 1, 14 3:28 PM
I've had the "corkscrew" problem also. Have tried many times for 2 days and it still will not work, it just flies right back to where I picked it up. I'm going to go back to the basement and check out exactly where the gears are turning and go right to that spot to see if I can get it open. If luck wins out I'll let you know in the forum!

[Post New]by plantgrl2002 on May 1, 14 3:46 PM
Well, I went back to the "basement", determined exactly where the gears were turning, when to pick p the corkscrew and hovered it over the exact spot where to gears were, and the corkscrew neither pulsed nor pulled the cork out! Grrr! It just doesn't work!

[Post New]by plantgrl2002 on May 5, 14 8:54 AM
Is anyone in the Big Fish tech dept working on this problem?? Can't progress with game until it is resolved! PLEASE fix this glitch!

[Post New]by plantgrl2002 on Oct 14, 14 3:53 PM
I paid for this game and it doesn't work because of the cork not coming out of the bottle with the corkscrew. The "hint" shows I am using the right items but no matter how many times I try, even starting another game with a different "player" name it still doesn't work!!! GRRRRRR!! IS ANYONE WORKING ON THIS? YOO HOO, HELLO TECHS - please get this fixed!!

Go to: