Curium255
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Snow and Fog

[Post New]by Curium255 on May 5, 13 11:07 PM
I know that the rain allows insect collectibles to be found, but do the Fog and the Snow do anything for you? Or are buying those bottles of weather just a waste of money?

Thanks.

miko53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Snow and Fog

[Post New]by miko53 on May 6, 13 5:52 AM
i used fog and nothing happened. However, i did use the bottled rain and got a couple of random items, some of which i had already collected. i tried this with one or more games, same result.

i would say save your money in the early stages of the game. Keep your people well rested, making money and general progress.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 6, 13 5:39 PM
I've bought these time and time again and cannot for the life of me figure out what they do except:

Fog makes the game really slow,

Snow means no collectibles turn up at all.

So not worth purchasing in my experience.

GoThDoLL
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Snow and Fog

[Post New]by GoThDoLL on May 7, 13 3:03 AM
Curium255 wrote:I know that the rain allows insect collectibles to be found, but do the Fog and the Snow do anything for you? Or are buying those bottles of weather just a waste of money?

Thanks.

Basing my previous experience with the other Virtual Villagers games, Foggy weather usually turned out rare collectibles. I had tried that theory with VF2 and it worked like a charm. As far as snow, I have only seen leaves and nuts show up.
Hope this helps.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 7, 13 9:53 AM
PB2010 wrote:Snow means no collectibles turn up at all.

Actually, I've had everything but bugs show up when it's snowing. Maybe you just had a collection lull...that does happen in these games sometimes.

Go to: