bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace technical issues here only - OLD THREAD

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 7, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 8:42:34 AM PST

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Murders: The Sleeping Palace technical issues here only

[Post New]by ElderJen on May 7, 13 2:27 AM
Another slow download for us in Europe but I have learnt that the downloads are fine and speedy the next day after the release so I will continue this tomorrow. It suggests to me that this is not a problem with my computer but possibly with the server for Europe or something like that. Looking forward to playing this game soon.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 7, 13 3:03 AM
Ditto; here in the UK the demo d/l flew to 53% and then slowed to such a ridiculous speed that I gave up with it. I only tried it because it looked like a good game but I will stick to what I decided a while back; not bother with downloading anything the day it's released.

Unfortunately this does mean I lose out on any offers that may be available on the day of release but I am not prepared to wait any more for these games to d/l at a speed even dial-up could surpass. And I think BFG may find themselves losing customers if this d/l issue doesn't get sorted out soon.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on May 7, 13 3:22 AM
how i agree with you angelfish106 perhaps the solution would be for the offers to last fot 48 rather than 24 hours i have treached the stage where i no longer submit dr felix reports because they get no results and i too am fed up with missing out on offers

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 7, 13 3:56 AM
ElderJen wrote:Another slow download for us in Europe but I have learnt that the downloads are fine and speedy the next day after the release so I will continue this tomorrow. It suggests to me that this is not a problem with my computer but possibly with the server for Europe or something like that. Looking forward to playing this game soon.

ElderJen wrote:

elvenstardragon wrote:Yet another slow download. 2 hours and still at 85%. This is just not good enough. I thought it had been fixed with the last couple of games seeming to download not too bad but here we are again.
I thought I had a game I could use a Coupon Code on, but once again I may lose it because if I can't get a SE game I can't use it. It's beginning to look as though these Coupon Codes are redundent, and if they are what's the point in being a member? I only play HOG games and I usually buy the CE games and I need SE games to use them. SE games seem to be few and far between these days. I have 8 to use before the end of June.

Hi Elvenstar.. I have left a response in the Technical difficulties page. Try again tomorrow, it will be fine then.

Thanks ElderJen. But it does defeat the object of being a member and Tomorrows Game Today. What are we actually paying for?!!!

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 7, 13 7:03 AM
Well, weird.... Not the problems mentioned from UK, et al. Here in Texas, it's 8:45a and the download went quickly until the activate/install section. At that point, I got messages about BF Game Manager shutting down, my Windows shut down, and I lost all my desktop icons. Had to do a hard shutdown and restart. I hate doing that....

At the restart, all looked well but the game (it had installed) showed that my demo period had expired (I hadn't played at all) and my only option to play was to purchase. I don't think so.

First time I've had an install issue for a long time. That being said, I think I'll "pass" on this one......

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 7, 13 9:09 AM
Per the reviews, this did not fill my (new) widescreen, and it wasn't sized properly. I have an almost brand new computer running Windows 8, and I'm not going to change screen resolution. So far in the two months I've had my new computer, I've come on only 2 games with this issue, (in this case the picture was over on the left of the screen, rather than in the middle, and I lost area on the right and bottom of the picture) so I'm just going to delete this game. On my old computer I did change screen resolution, but I'm not doing it with the new one.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 7, 13 9:22 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about these issues!

For those of you experiencing download issues, I'm very sorry to hear that! I know that can get very frustrating. If you haven't already please take a look at this help article here for some tips and tricks that may help.

barbaralbb: How weird that the demo is showing as expired! If you'd like you're welcome to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this can often help get that demo working again.

NancySusan: Really helpful to know about the widescreen problems, and I certainly understand not wanting to adjust the resolution.

If you're still experiencing issues with the game please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 7, 13 10:10 AM
I'm having an issue that I've also seen others complain about in another thread where you're supposed to be able to get a seed ball from a statue in the conservatory, but many of us are unable to click on the statue. It's supposed to pop up in a window and then you can retrieve the seed ball.

So, without the seedball we are unable to advance in the game and we're all stuck.

The thread is called "Water Element."

It seems like a glitch in the game to me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 7, 13 10:15 AM
bfgIzara wrote:Hey Fishies,

For those of you experiencing download issues, I'm very sorry to hear that! I know that can get very frustrating. If you haven't already please take a look at this help article <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">here</a> for some tips and tricks that may help

The 'tips and tricks' don't refer to slow download issues, however the 'alternate method' of downloading suggested in the article is even worse since it doesn't d/l at all. My firewall must be ok with BFG downloads since if I leave trying the demo of a game for 24/48 hours, it runs perfectly. My antivirus programmes are updated manually and Windows update only runs when I tell it to. Sorry but nothing in this article is any help with slow downloads.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 7, 13 11:16 AM
It won't load at all. I click the "Run" button to download and nothing happens. It just sits there. I'll try again later.

Faylyn

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 7, 13 12:12 PM
Hey Fishies!

deejae101: Since it looks like several other Fishies are running into similar issues with that seed ball it very well could be a glitch in the game. If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help then please get in touch with Tech Support so they can take a closer look!

angelfish106: I really appreciate you taking a look at the help article. While it doesn't refer to slow download issues specifically those troubleshooting suggestions do sometimes help with slow download issues. We are very limited here in the Forums but Tech Support will be able to offer some more specialized suggestions.

Faylyn: After clicking that 'Run' button to download, the file should download into the 'Downloads' folder on your system. Just click here for instructions on how to find that folder, then double click on the downloaded file for the whole game to start the download process.

If you Fishies would prefer some more specialized instructions for your issue, or are still running into same problem just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach Customer Support!

I hope this is helpful and thanks!

bfgIzara

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 7, 13 2:05 PM
I am having exactly the same problem as a whole bunch of people. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. No seed ball! I contacted Tech Support, so hope they figure something out. Like someone else said, they even tried to poison the bird. I did that too and it said "That doesn't make sense." Made sense to me cause it's the only way I'm ever gonna get in that dang bird cage!!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on May 8, 13 12:18 AM
elvenstardragon wrote:
ElderJen wrote:Another slow download for us in Europe but I have learnt that the downloads are fine and speedy the next day after the release so I will continue this tomorrow. It suggests to me that this is not a problem with my computer but possibly with the server for Europe or something like that. Looking forward to playing this game soon.

ElderJen wrote:

elvenstardragon wrote:Yet another slow download. 2 hours and still at 85%. This is just not good enough. I thought it had been fixed with the last couple of games seeming to download not too bad but here we are again.
I thought I had a game I could use a Coupon Code on, but once again I may lose it because if I can't get a SE game I can't use it. It's beginning to look as though these Coupon Codes are redundent, and if they are what's the point in being a member? I only play HOG games and I usually buy the CE games and I need SE games to use them. SE games seem to be few and far between these days. I have 8 to use before the end of June.

Hi Elvenstar.. I have left a response in the Technical difficulties page. Try again tomorrow, it will be fine then.

Thanks ElderJen. But it does defeat the object of being a member and Tomorrows Game Today. What are we actually paying for?!!!

You are right, and also Angelfish and Tishystar... it does impact on special offers and not being able to access them on the day of the offer due to download problems. It would be helpful to have 48 hour access to special offers too as this is becoming a way of life for us. Almost every other download now presents this problem for the UK and others in Europe.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 8, 13 2:35 AM
Dear Big Fish:

Just wanted to say that I too cannot proceed any further in this game.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, created different players, deleted players, etc to no avail.
All progression comes to a standstill with the "water element". There is no "seed ball" to give to the parrot. I tried playing with and without the tutorial in case that made a difference but it did not. I tried different paths, holding onto objects in order to find a way to open the cage.
This games leaves you hanging with just "poison" in your inventory, and objectives left undone such as moving bricks in the fountain, obtaining the water element, findind a seal for one of the water fountains, opening the safe, and finishing a map puzzle.
Also, there seems to be a problem with lighting the fireplace in the bathroom using the lighter. But later on, there is a fire already in progress in the bathroom even though you never lit the fire.
I enjoyed the game what I was able to play. I do hope the developer will solve this problem.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 8, 13 3:07 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help making that missing seed ball appear!

As we are currently investigating this issue, please get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team so they can gather the necessary information. We appreciate every email that we get from you and it will definitely help to get this solved as soon as possible!

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

BlackCat667
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by BlackCat667 on May 8, 13 3:44 AM
kathey12 wrote:Dear Big Fish:

Just wanted to say that I too cannot proceed any further in this game.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, created different players, deleted players, etc to no avail.
All progression comes to a standstill with the "water element". There is no "seed ball" to give to the parrot. I tried playing with and without the tutorial in case that made a difference but it did not. I tried different paths, holding onto objects in order to find a way to open the cage.
This games leaves you hanging with just "poison" in your inventory, and objectives left undone such as moving bricks in the fountain, obtaining the water element, findind a seal for one of the water fountains, opening the safe, and finishing a map puzzle.
Also, there seems to be a problem with lighting the fireplace in the bathroom using the lighter. But later on, there is a fire already in progress in the bathroom even though you never lit the fire.
I enjoyed the game what I was able to play. I do hope the developer will solve this problem.

BlackCat667
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by BlackCat667 on May 8, 13 3:46 AM
Having the same exact issues..yet again ! I too was enjoying the game and hoping it will be resolved ASAP. Game downloaded a little slow but nothing as frustrating as trying to get that stupid bird his seed LOL

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:48:01 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 8, 13 5:21 AM
Same as lots of others, ie, no seed ball and only poison left in inventory, no way to proceed in game.

Have contacted CS! Hoping for a quick fix here

BK

ETA I have had a reply from CS and they requested some files (which I have sent) and they are working with the Devs to see what the problem is with the game!
That is good news, and, fins crossed, here's hoping it is quickly!

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 8:38:12 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 6:21 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you encountering issues with the seed, could you please write in to Tech Support so we can keep on tracking this issue? That would really help!

Also our Support Team will be able to provide some assistance that we can't the via the Forums.

Finally, just to assure you if we have any updates on this issue, we will be sure to let you know.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Go to: