bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Aquascapes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any Aquascapes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 8, 13 5:49 AM
I have tried 4 times to play this demo When I click on Play it makes a small beep like it is starting but nothing happens after that. After waiting a few minutes I tried to push play again and I was told another game was running.

I restarted my laptop each time and still haven't been able to play it. Also downloaded it a second time.

I will keep trying

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 6:04 AM
Hi bratzgram,

I'm sorry to see that you have had this trouble.

When a game fails to open in the manner described, it normally indicates that the game and computer are not communicating with one another as well as they could.

The best way of remedying that, is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Blue screen and automatic shutdown

[Post New]by bestmommat on May 8, 13 8:19 AM
When I attempted to play I immediately got a blue screen and my computer rebooted itself.

Really afraid to try again ...

[Post New]by nikshijay on May 8, 13 8:25 AM
I bought the game and played until level 25. It tells me to find all the gold but the last one is behind the title bar on top and I can't get it to click or move ahead until then. Help!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 8, 13 9:16 AM
Hey there bestmommat,

That blue screen can mean a few things, but I would recommend checking out some of the tips in this help article here as these updates can often help!

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will be able to take a closer look to help get that working properly!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

nikshijay: If you're unable to reach that gold bar feel free to write in to Customer Support with a screenshot and we'll try to help find a solution! (Just click on the blue text for instructions.)

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on May 8, 13 11:16 AM
Playing the demo, I finished the second level and wanted to take a look at the backgrounds that I could open later in the game. I clicked on the little checkmark in the upper right corner, and the turtle zipped away, but nothing else happened to return me to previous menus. So, I pressed the checkmark again, and the game froze, so badly that I couldn't use the Windows button to get back out. I actually had to Control-Alt-Delete to bring up the Task Manager to close the game. I still intend to buy it, as I love the Playrix name and these series of titles in particular (we all know this is Farmscapes, with a wet look!), but this issue needs to be addressed in a patch sometime in the future.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on May 8, 13 5:10 PM
There were two scenes where I was not able to click on the item. I knew it was the right item because the hint confirmed it.

mearigold1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mearigold1 on May 8, 13 8:26 PM
My laptop doesn't like Playrix Games screen resolution so I have little bars on each side of my playing screen. The bar on the left side of the screen kept blinking rapidly like a strobe light would, then it would stop. It happened twice and I don't know what's wrong with it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 9, 13 1:12 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing .

Timbuctu and mearigold1 (Welcome to the Pond!) - It sounds like your computers might have a few problems to process the game properly. This can sometimes happen when some of the installed software is in need of an uupdate to work to the best of it's ability. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

mirror75 - Sometimes when you can't pick up different items it's a sign that some of the files for your game aren't working properly. In this case it could already help to uninstall and reinstall your game to get all files to work as intended.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 1:12:53 AM PST

Lazyhab
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Lazyhab on May 9, 13 2:02 PM
I played for 20 min. with no problem but when I went to play again I had to reenter my name and start all over. It then said to push green button (start) to play, but there were no buttons at all on the screen - only fish swimming around. Only way I could exit was to force shut down. I really want this game but hesitate to buy it????

[Post New]by compcrzy on May 9, 13 4:41 PM
I am having an issue with clicking on an item in level 25. There is a gold item that is at the top of the page that is unclickable because the banner is in the way. I know it's there because I used a hint to locate it, but you can barely see the hint sparkle. There is no way to click the item and complete the level. I am using windows 7

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on May 9, 13 8:54 PM
I downloaded the demo, waited for it to install and it hung. So I restarted Games Manager and when I tried to play the demo, it said my time was up and I had to buy it.

So I'm not buying it, nor will I try it if it's that glichy.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 5:32 AM
Hi Fishies,

Lazyhab - I understand being hesitant to purchase when you have had these issues. It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

compcrzy - It might be worth switching from full screen to 'windowed mode' to see if viewing the game that way will help you to snag it. If not, please contact Tech Support for further assistance

If you have the time, it would be great if you could run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and feel free to include a screenshot of how your game is displaying as well, as this will help us to offer accurate advice from the outset.

Seji - When a trial shows as expired like this, the best thing to do is to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Usually one of the two tips I have offered will do the trick and make your trial available to you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on May 11, 13 5:16 AM
nikshijay wrote:I bought the game and played until level 25. It tells me to find all the gold but the last one is behind the title bar on top and I can't get it to click or move ahead until then. Help!

I am having the same problem. Can't get to the last piece of gold. Is there a fix for this??

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 5:17:02 AM PST

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on May 11, 13 5:24 AM
whizzie1 wrote:
nikshijay wrote:I bought the game and played until level 25. It tells me to find all the gold but the last one is behind the title bar on top and I can't get it to click or move ahead until then. Help!

I am having the same problem. Can't get to the last piece of gold. Is there a fix for this??

I found the solution in another section of the game forum for Level 25.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 11, 13 11:14 AM
Thanks for that update, whizzie1, and happy to hear that you were able to get that gold in Level 25!

Just in case other Fishies swim in with the same issue I've included a link to jcsgame's tips for the level here.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 11, 13 3:13 PM
I have purchased 100's of games from BF, and this is the first time I have had such a slow download! Why on earth would this game take so long to download? Just a simple question. I have attempted it several times and just gave up (needed to go to bed!). Finally I've had success, but it's been positively weird!

Lazyhab
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

still unable to play

[Post New]by Lazyhab on May 11, 13 7:14 PM
used all your suggestions but no luck. I just mistakenly bought this game but know I cannot play it. Please help!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 11, 13 7:46 PM
On level 160, find all the gold items, there is one item behind the header that tells you the $ you have earned and the level number. You can click your head off and you will not get that item, and therefore cannot go any further. What to do?

Go to: