Reviews for Aquascapes

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Aquascapes

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Aquascapes? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Aquascapes page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Aquascapes

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 8, 13 2:05 AM
I have just finished my hours trial and loved every minute of it. Playrix have done it again! Beautiful scenery, delightful fish and a change from match 3. A timed level for speed merchants but a relaxing level for us oldies with poor eyesight. Many tanks to buy and develop, will keep me happy for hours!

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Newmenor on May 8, 13 2:44 AM
Totally agree with you, Cynththemoler!! Not my usual sort of game but this one is a beaut! As I am another oldie with poor eyesight this game is just great. Love tropical fish and having fun setting up different tanks.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on May 8, 13 5:45 AM
I agree but I still wish it was match 3 instead of so many hidden object scenes. I am enjoying the new and different fish, though. I will probably get this game for the same reasons, clear and bright, objects are not hard to see and you don't have to race the clock.

I just have to remember to look for the 3 shells in each game.

Joy

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on May 8, 13 6:49 AM
This seems to be an upgraded version of their Fishdom H2O, which also had finding hidden objects instead of M3.

The tank selection and set up are equal to Fishdom 3 . There are several tanks to choose from with backgrounds. There are achievements as well. I am happy to see they have made sure the current background is counted as bought for the achievement.

You can play on timed or relaxed mode. I did not find the objects too difficult to find and even in timed the object you are looking for will kind of sparkle to help you find it.

This is just a relaxing game to play. An in-between game to pass the time.

I will be using a pcc with this one

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on May 8, 13 6:55 AM
I played through the hour-long trial and loved this game. The hidden objects are not too hard to find (I was playing in timed mode) and there are some variations on the plain hidden object scenes. The background music was similar to the other games in the series, nothing special but not annoying enough to mute. There are LOTS of achievements to earn, which is great. I enjoy the "Fishdom" games immensely, and this will be a definite buy for me.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on May 8, 13 7:47 AM
Lovely, relaxing enchanting little game...love it!! Im playing on relaxed mode as I do all my games, but heres a little tip to earn more money each time you do a HOS....you get extra money as a speed bonus for finding items faster so just look until you find two things you need and then click on them....you have to click it fairly fast one right after the other but its worth it.....always look for the three shells...sometimes itll just be the word shells but they are valuable also.....thanks PR and BF

caseypup
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by caseypup on May 8, 13 9:05 AM
Just a nice fun little game, a definite buy for me!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 8, 13 11:42 AM
A cute game and guess it would be a great game for the whole family. I don't find it that interesting so won't be a buy..

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 8, 13 6:36 PM
I'm very torn here since I so much prefer Match 3 play to hidden object scenes.

That said the hidden object scenes are very pretty and it's just them, no story, no hither and thither which is a good thing. There are new and even more colourful fish including my favourite of all; the Mandarin fish. The music is about like the other games, I don't care for it personally but as always it can be turned off and there is a timer which is probably too generous for my taste, but it's still there which makes me happy. It can also be turned off so no worries for those that don't want it.

I didn't get very far in the demo so I don't know what all the tanks are like but it does seem that there's a nice variety and a nice variety of new decorations so I might just have to buy it for its pretty aquarium factor, hopefully the hidden object scenes won't make me crazy and not want to continue once I have bought it.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on May 8, 13 10:12 PM
I had to buy this! It is a welcome change from the match 3 Fishdom. I like the Fishdom games and still am not done with 3. This is amusing {the fish} and the scenery and accessories are cute. I must say, tho, HOs are a little more difficult than M3. But it is not too hard. Am enjoying it thoroughly!!!

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 10:14:20 PM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 9, 13 7:56 PM
This game is fishdom with HOS, and pure HOS. Easy to find items, non interactive HOS, colorful graphics, beautifully painted or CGI rendered scenery. Lots of stuff to buy

A bit boring, but those who loved fishdom and HOS, can use a free stamp, for the beautiful scenery and cute stuff that u can buy and decorate your fish tank!

YA! Fishes must support fishes

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on May 12, 13 2:12 PM
I loved Gardenscapes and its sequels, but I wasn't sure about this one at first...I wasn't sure about having to feel the fish etc., and the HOs seemed a bit too childish...
but I have to say, it grew on me as the demo went on

a couple of objects in each HOS are real 's
and the aquarium scenes are restful
so I might well buy this game for those times when I just want to chill out and not have anything too taxing to do

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on May 17, 13 4:28 PM
Perfect game for relaxing. I've been looking forward to another hidden object based Fishdom and this is it.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on May 31, 13 4:28 AM
I like a lot this new fishdom game, same develps., I was ready for new scenarious, new decorations and plants! Fishdom 3, was getting repetitive with the limited locations and items to decorate, but after 19 aquarium probably it's undurstandable!
The only think I miss in aquascapes is the match 3 minigames, which I prefer to the hog, because it's more challenging and fun, anyhow I am enjoing this new vision of the aquarium!

iou001
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by iou001 on Jun 1, 13 12:49 PM
I'm not as happy with this game as others are. I have the full version. I love decorating the aquariums and I love the HOGs except for one thing. The developers try to trick you with clues of objects to find by having at least 2 objects in the picture that fit the description. And since when are handcuffs a life preserver? I'm on Level 385 right now and have seen quite a few items that make me shake my head when I click on the Hint button and see what the answer is. Also, I'll click on something and nothing will happen. You have to click on a certain area of the object before it accepts your click. That's not right... especially if you're trying to get a speed bonus. My final gripe is that the more you play the game the more crowded the aquariums have to get to win trophies and it looks like hoarders have invaded your aquarium. I have a hard time seeing my fish because there's so much stuff in the aquarium. I like the game but I'd only give it 3 1/2 stars.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 6, 13 3:59 AM
Fishdom H2O Meets Fishdom 3

BASED ON DEMO & MANY HOURS WITH BOTH H2O & 3

I own both of the above games, and this one has the GAMEPLAY of FISHDOM H2O and the VISUALS & EXTRAS of FISHDOM 3.

The basic idea is you GO DIVING for treasure to gain COINS so you can buy FISH & ACCESSORIES. The fish TALK to you via little speech bubbles and images in thought ones. These guys can be truly FUNNY. They also demand that you FEED them, keep their aquarium CLEAN, and buy them things.

The diving is your HOS. They come in 3 flavours from what I saw. STANDARD LIST, MULTIPLES OF & SILHOUETTES. The colours are vibrant and beautiful despite being entirely underwater. OBJECTS are easy to see. Lists start small but get longer as you progress.

Not mentioned in the blurb is the EXTRAS:

COLLECTIBLES – shells (3 per ‘level’) that can be used in the shop for special items

SCREENSAVER – you can use any one of your tanks for this, if it’s like the other games it has themed music for each tank that is also played in the sceensaver.
Fishipedia – detailed information on the fish in your tank.

AWARDS & STATISTICS – dozens of them.

Option for SPARKLE HINTS.

Fishdom 3’s screensaver is my alltime favourite, and I am excited about getting this game and playing that “70 exciting hidden object levels” and decorating myself another 8 wondrous aquariums for my screensavers.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 10, 13 2:27 PM
So I normally play HOS with adventure games and was looking for something a little different. I bought this game, well actually it was a freebie, and I have been playing all day long!!! It's so addictive!! So the HOS really doesn't bother me since I'm use to playing those anyway, but I love the way you can buy a new aquarium and sort of stick to certain themes. In just a few hours I had 3 different aquariums, getting ready to buy my fourth and the fishies are funny. Especially if you watch them for a bit, then a couple of them get into an argument and one threatens to bit the other one. It's just too funny. Love this game, it's a nice change from all the other games I play.

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 1, 13 6:07 PM
I LOVE this game, but unfortunately it has a Windows 8 bug that cannot be resolved that starts when you acquire your 3rd tank. No matter what you do as far as game compatibility or lowering DPI settings, the game begins to crash. I have been in contact with PlayRix (PlayRix was even so kid as to send me the Collector's Edition of the game) about this as well as in the tech forum and nothing seems to work. It's really frustrating as I do love the game, and hope that Big Fish and PlayRix can find a fix to this problem soon.

Go to: