Reviews for Rescue Team 3

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Rescue Team 3

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Rescue Team 3? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Rescue Team 3 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Rescue Team 3

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 8, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on May 8, 13 2:14 AM
If you liked the other two, then you will like this one. This one has a story line. You own a rescue company and while on vacation, get hired by a crooked mayor to help him out. My only complaint was that you had to find the right spot to click to repair or pick something up. I was having to click two sometimes three times which made it hard to get gold on some levels. Will buy anyway as I loved the other two of these and these type games are few and far between.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 8, 13 2:15 AM
Morning, all...

This soft release is by far the best "Rescue Team" game yet. Lots of nice animations and, as always, you can continue after the timer has ran out. And, as always, there are achievements.

I found it a relief that in this TM game I didn't have to hunt for "speed shoes" or "hammers" and such, which will make the worker move and work faster, as you get them in other similar TM games.
Another reason I like the "Rescue Team" games is that I don't encounter any monsters that send the workers screaming to their homes until you have dealt with them, as you get them in the "Roads to Rome" games. Never cared for those either.

The one thing that became a tad tedious for me was that at some point the same houses will keep burning down, again and again, and you will have to send the fire brigade to put out the fire. I don't mind a house burning down once, but not ever 30 seconds.

Other than that I enjoyed playing the demo. Can't say whether I will encounter any monsters in the later levels, but going by the previous "Rescue Team" games, I wouldn't think so.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 8, 13 5:43 AM
So happy to see a GOOD TM game again. Picking up wood and food using strategy to be able to accomplish your goals is paramount into the game, so far (only played 30 min) level 5 is gonna take me a few tries. Trying to get the badgers is proving a little harder than I thought. Trying to figure out if hiring the recused people to work your houses for gold and the food stand is beneficial or not. They lock up for a while after the worker leaves and then back in business, can't seem to figure out if they produce more goods while they are there or not. If anyone else figures this out let me know.
Will be a definite buy for me.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 8, 13 6:00 AM
Aah yes, it is advantageous to use the recused people to work your stations

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 8, 13 8:06 AM
same cute characters and lovable storyline. Same game play, but with new elements, now u can assign the rescued ppl to work in sawmill, or live in houses or man the food etc (which defeats the purpose of making it auto). I am not sure whether I was right, I thought it created more food/gold etc if u assign a citizen there??

STILL FUN, BUY

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on May 8, 13 6:38 PM
I enjoyed the game-play during the trial and I'm a fan of strategy games, but am I the only person who finds the tone of this game to be really poor timing? I'm sure the nasty, selfish characters in the midst of a disaster are supposed to be humorous, but on the heels of the Boston bombings, the West, Texas explosion and recent shootings, etc., despicable characters who are supposed to be in charge and helping just don't seem funny.

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on May 9, 13 5:41 AM
Despite the fact that most of the gameplay is the same as in the previous two releases, which I enjoyed very much, I DON'T like the characters in this one. Having a story line is fine, but for me this one backfires.
Having the characters stay anonymous would have worked just fine for me.

Also the fact that they walk around like zombies until they get a task looks odd.

Hiring rescued people to work at the saw mill or the food stand doesn't seem to have a purpose at all, it just makes things more confusing.

As someone else said, the rescue team should be the good guys and not the bad guys. I guess that says it all.

Quite disappointed in this one.

Edited on 05/09/2013 at 5:59:15 AM PST

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on May 9, 13 4:35 PM
Not a buy for me. The characters are cartoonish - the mayor is an amoral thug, the lead woman in charge isn't much better (and please, developers, women in construction don't have double D's stretching out of their shirts!) nor are the workers. There doesn't appear to be a point in hiring rescued workers, although others have said there is.

Don't like the story, don't like the characters. I"ll take a pass.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on May 9, 13 7:44 PM
enjoyed the demo ... but probably a no-buy for me ... haven't played #2 much since buying and playing it initially once or twice ... I do enjoy not having monsters tho on one level having the same house catching on fire over and over and over was a bit tedious ... had to work at a few of the levels but was able to get gold on most first try until the demo timed out ... as for the story, it just gets in my way when starting each level - let me play! don't bog me down with chat between the characters ... if i didn't already have #2, I would probably buy, but not feeling the need to use a credit on this

[Post New]by cflebvlasbgewr on May 10, 13 1:02 AM
Not one to buy for me either. Just way to easy to get gold. defeats the purpose of a so-called time management game. i know some don't like the timer - but the purpose of these games is to see if you can figure out how to beat the clock. no fun when you easily beat every time on the first go, and there's no challenge to it.

i just wish another landgrabbers would come along - that was a real strategy game.

MikiB007
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MikiB007 on May 10, 13 5:25 AM
What could have been a fairly decent game is spoiled by two things. Firstly, there is a severe problem with the accuracy of the 'clicking' function. Your chances of finishing the level in gold time - especially in later levels - are severely hindered by this fault. You think you've collected an item...or put out a fire...or sent a police officer to catch a robber, BUT your click hasn't registered. Surely this problem should have been identified during testing - and definitely before people are asked to pay money for the game!?

Secondly, the story line is just awful. You have a group of hardened rescuers who are just in the business for the money. Saving injured people from danger is reduced to a money making opportunity which is tasteless and inappropriate. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a bit of controversial humour, but this feels cold and unfunny. In fairness, I haven't seen the end of the game - so perhaps there's a chance that the characters will undergo some Dickensian transformation in the last few levels and see the error of their ways. In the meantime, they're un-likable and annoying.

I'm really looking forward to BF getting their hands on a decent TM game very soon, as there seems to have been a bit of drought in this area recently.

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on May 11, 13 12:18 AM
I played the demo, and despite the fact that I love TM games and buy them all good or bad, I will NOT be buying this disappointing, jarring, tasteless, and IMO completely inappropriate game. "I can steer around the people in the water"??? Really??? The rescue team is out to get as much money as they can from a natural disaster, colluding with a mayor who dumps toxic waste, poisons the water, and gouges for medical supplies, and in cooperation with police who are "friends" with criminals (unless you give them enough money - then they'll chase them away) etc. And all the team says is "we can make a lot of money from this". At one point, the other team members talks about keeping the salvage/ spoils and says "don't tell Margo - her conscience might bother her - you do know what a conscience is - right?" Not sure why they're worried about her knowing - at the beginning, she's the one who talks about how much they can make from this disaster.

BFG - I'm so disappointed that you'd carry this game. What a slap in the face to people who have gone through a disaster like this, to see behaviours like this celebrated. I'm sure they happen in real life, but so disappointing to see them presented as something we should be sniggering at and endorsing. Shame on the developers.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on May 12, 13 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if the developers mimicked the characters in their own story or the other way around!! In this tasteless story the "team" was all about how they could best profit from the tragic circumstances of good people! Then in real life, these developers put out this horrible game, and expect to make a hefty profit from - again, another group of good people! Shame on you! Kindly - take your "profit" and hire some descent writers!

LegalMonet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by LegalMonet on May 18, 13 9:45 AM
APPALLING! The developers should issue a public apology.

I bought this game without trial because I really enjoyed RT1 and RT2. Those games were challenging but not frantic, the music was great, the characters were cute, and the missions were heroic.

RT3 features horrible mercenary-type "rescuers" who only work for money, even more offensively led by a woman with stereotypically huge breasts. The rescued citizens are "hired" FOR FREE to work in various buildings. The greedy, corrupt corporate Mayor doesn’t give a damn that he causes multiple “natural disasters” and is assured that the “Rescue Team” will keep his criminal activities secret. The police are in cahoots with the criminals and will only help if they are paid off. DISGUSTING!

I cannot comprehend why any reviewer would say “oh, it’s just like the other Rescue Team games and you’ll love it.” Seriously? Are some reviewers paid to say this stuff?

I’m horribly disappointed in the developers for ruining a simple, delightful franchise and in Big Fish for offering this atrocity.

I’ve uninstalled the game and will never, never buy another “sequel” unless I do a trial first.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 9:58:00 AM PST

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on May 21, 13 11:02 AM
This is a reasonably good TM game. Story line is silly. The real problem is one of the ”achievements" is not attainable and is therefore very frustrating. Avoiding building capture by thieves on Level 26 is just not achievable.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on May 21, 13 2:32 PM
Well i enjoyed playing this game..I also loved the other Rescue Team games also...Lighten up.it is just a fun game to pass the day away...

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 26, 13 12:21 AM
I own the first two Rescue Team games and expected this to be more of the same....not incredible but fun for a rainy day with nothing to do game. Certainly didn't expect to feel angry just a few minutes in. But angry I am. This storyline is deplorable! Bad timing for sure but honestly, when is it ever ok to be this callous and greedy about helping others?! This made me feel sick! Big Fish ought to be ashamed for supporting/offering this game and the devs need to get their heads examined!
And on the topic of devs needing their heads examined (and not just these devs)...enough already with the ridiculously sexual female characters here guys! It's so Jr. high!
**dopey laugh** "Gee let's draw chicks with big chests and revealing clothes so we can ogle them in our games."
Grow up and act like real men who can actually respect women and not objectify them!

[Post New]by brianborue on Jun 10, 13 5:36 PM
It is a very good game, until you get to level 26., I have tried 20 times and can not get by it. The first 25 were fun, so I'll just replay them, trying to beat my previous score. It really is a good game until that @#$&*$#%(#@ level 26

Go to: