Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

How do you light the fire in the bathroom?

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 8, 13 6:13 AM
Dragging the full lighter over to the wood in the hearth doesn't seem to work.

(For the record, I have the pickaxe, the earth element, the air element, a full lighter, a bottle of poison and the sword that belongs to the knight in the fountain in the inner gardens. For the record, no, there is still no seedball in his hand, even though I haven't given him his sword yet.)

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:How do you light the fire in the bathroom?

[Post New]by BearKat on May 8, 13 7:45 AM
Hi Rhysdux,

I haven't seen anyone post that they got the fire lit!

I tried that lighter so many times, it's a wonder if it has any fluid left in it!

This was my experience with it and is a Spoiler Alert if you haven't gotten this far in the game:

After turning on the gas in the Conservatory, I went back thinking that NOW I can light it, the fire had been lit, but, not by me! When I click in close up on the fire it is unlit, but in the full view of the room it is burning quite nicely! Maybe this Palace has a firebug in addition to everything else. LOL

BK

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by briteyz on May 8, 13 9:50 AM
I have the same thing happen to me. I don't know whats going on. I like the game, but there are just wayyy to many problems. I'm asking for a refund and hoping they get all the glitches fixed so I can rebuy.

PONYTAILGIRL
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by PONYTAILGIRL on May 8, 13 10:05 AM
When you go to the crypt and light the lights, this is what lights the furnace in the bath. when you go to the room, you will see that there is fire. Although it seems as if you need to do something there, it's the same as a lot of items that still sparkle or say there's something to do. Don't worry about it.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 8, 13 12:13 PM
PONYTAILGIRL wrote:When you go to the crypt and light the lights, this is what lights the furnace in the bath. when you go to the room, you will see that there is fire. Although it seems as if you need to do something there, it's the same as a lot of items that still sparkle or say there's something to do. Don't worry about it.

How do you get to the crypt?

I currently have access to:

the guest bedroom
Alexander's room (Prince Alexander is there)
the royal bedchamber (Queen Maria is there)
vanity room (Princess Elizabeth is there)
the bathroom
the stairs
the throne room (King Edward is there)
the ballroom
the dining room
the drawing room (Prince Lucas is there)
the game room
the library
the study (Prince Rupert is there)
the gallery
the conservatory
the inner gardens
the entrance hall
the courtyard
the outer gardens
the stables and coach house

No catacombs, so far (though I know where they are, I just can't get the entrance to open) and no crypt.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 8, 13 12:15 PM
BearKat wrote:Hi Rhysdux,

I haven't seen anyone post that they got the fire lit!

I tried that lighter so many times, it's a wonder if it has any fluid left in it!

This was my experience with it and is a Spoiler Alert if you haven't gotten this far in the game:

After turning on the gas in the Conservatory, I went back thinking that NOW I can light it, the fire had been lit, but, not by me! When I click in close up on the fire it is unlit, but in the full view of the room it is burning quite nicely! Maybe this Palace has a firebug in addition to everything else. LOL

BK

Oh, man, that's annoying. One more glitch you didn't need.

I don't have that, though. Both in full view and in zoom mode, the fire is unlit for me.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on May 8, 13 12:42 PM
To open the catacombs, you must put the sword into the statues hand.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on May 8, 13 4:38 PM
jramme wrote:To open the catacombs, you must put the sword into the statues hand.

You need to place a purple gem in the shield, too.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by cindybuns on May 8, 13 6:03 PM
you need to take a valve and add it to the gas line; when I went back to the bathroom the fire is lit; however if you click on it, it shows that it is not lit.

I wish they would have checked this game out before releasing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on May 9, 13 10:31 AM
cindybuns wrote:you need to take a valve and add it to the gas line; when I went back to the bathroom the fire is lit; however if you click on it, it shows that it is not lit.

I wish they would have checked this game out before releasing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. It seems like the developers skipped the beta test step. I don't see how beta testers would have missed all the glitches this game is filled with.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on May 10, 13 10:23 PM
sonofstar wrote:
cindybuns wrote:you need to take a valve and add it to the gas line; when I went back to the bathroom the fire is lit; however if you click on it, it shows that it is not lit.

I agree. It seems like the developers skipped the beta test step. I don't see how beta testers would have missed all the glitches this game is filled with.

IMHO the developers skipped the alpha test too... as if the story is not complete... and they forgot all about the poison too...

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on May 12, 13 10:05 AM
There are several 'red herrings' in the game, poison, fire,, gold lamp to mention few. They aren't needed to complete the game.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 9, 13 3:54 PM
This was a fun, but buggy game. Managed to finish, but took a while. Remind me to avoid these developers in the future

Go to: