bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Hidden Expedition: Amazon

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jun 19, 08 1:57 PM
Move On – If you are having trouble locating a particular blue item, the solution for it may be in another room. Go to the map to see if there is another location you can go to and find all the objects in that location first. If one of the objects you locate ends up in your inventory, that may be just what you need to retrieve the blue item on your list.

Hints in Puzzle Rooms – During a mini-game, your hints are unlimited (you’ll notice that the hint button no longer has a number above it). If you get stuck, you can go ahead and use those hints to get you through the room.

Take Your Time – There are is no time limit anywhere in the game, although you do earn extra points for completing each level quickly. Feel free to relax and take in the scenery while you are playing. Also, the punishment for clicking on too many random objects in the scene is only the loss of your cursor for a few seconds. While this is a little annoying, it does mean that you are free to click on an object even if you aren’t 100% sure about it.

Know Your Colors – If you’re having trouble finding a particular object, try looking in areas on the screen where there is a lot of a similar color. For example, if you need to find an orange, try looking for areas where you see a lot of the color orange.

They’re Free, So Feel Free To Use Them – Don’t forget that you can click on the name of any object in your list and get a silhouette of the item. It will help a lot of if you’re having difficulty with a particular item. There is a penalty on your final score whenever you use the silhouettes.

These are just a few suggestions that will help with Hidden Expedition: Amazon. If you have any general tips to share, please post them here.

Edited on 06/20/2008 at 2:20:36 PM PST

Familiar Animals - yeah, right!

[Post New]by bearpawsminn on Jun 19, 08 8:38 PM
TrisherG wrote:But what about the one "familiar animals" after I got the gears to move - it keeps showing me this piece of paper with the same daggone message, hints do nothing, and I am purely stuck! Doggonit, I used a game credit for this thing and now I can't get anywhere.

I see the animals, and the symbols change, but they don't any of them match what's on that crazy wall under or beside the critters, so what?????

Somebody just tell me what to do, please? I HATE JIGSAWS! That's what this is. Very aggravating!

Edited on 06/19/2008 at 8:46:16 PM PST

Re:Tips and Tricks for Hidden Expedition: Amazon

[Post New]by bearpawsminn on Jun 19, 08 8:54 PM
the shapes have something to do with where they are on the circle once you get there...then go back and change each animal to the shape..all the shapes are triangular...none of the others are used. the dragonfly is on top of circle so it is an upside down triangle..then that part of the circle lights up..the snake is on left so that triangle is l> ..the whale is on bottom so it is a regular shape triangle...look at the ones that do not light up and keep going back and changing the triangle

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Hidden Expedition: Amazon

[Post New]by coscat on Jun 20, 08 7:16 AM
[quote=bfgErie
They’re Free, So Feel Free To Use Them – Don’t forget that you can click on the name of any object in your list and get a silhouette of the item. It will help a lot of if you’re having difficulty with a particular item. Best of all, there’s no penalty for using them.

I love this feature, wish it had been on earlier games. Using it doesn't take away from your hints and gives you an idea of the shape and orientation of the item. Thanks for this feature! Played the game for a couple of hours yesterday and found it great, every incarnation of these games improves on the previous ones.

[Post New]by angel2610 on Jun 20, 08 2:17 PM
where is the whale in the gear puzzle

[Post New]by spincus56 on Jan 23, 09 10:26 PM
Plus 1 on that.... Since the 1st & 3rd locations both had 2 icons in them and the second only had 1, I believe it is in the 2nd location SOMEWHERE but I have not been able to find it... any help on its location would be appreciated!

Never Mind... found it once I got the gears correctly aligned...

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 9:28:48 PM PST

Faerie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Faerie on Jan 27, 09 7:07 AM
I am stuck in the gears scene. I know I have to go back 3 screens to get the key I had to leave behind earlier. Problem is, nothing I do seems to work. Can anyone tell me how to go back the 3 screens to get the key?

[Post New]by tickinkal on Jan 31, 09 2:39 PM
HELP!! i too am having problems with the gears. I know nothing about gears. Any help will be appreciated.

[Post New]by theemimi2000 on Feb 5, 09 6:26 AM
Cannot find the bell and Llama......have looked for days and I am out of hints...help

[Post New]by thursdayschild on May 7, 09 2:10 PM
I cannot find the Beehive on level 12(I think) and I have started the level over about 4 times. HELP

4freckles
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 4freckles on May 7, 09 9:22 PM
thursdayschild wrote:I cannot find the Beehive on level 12(I think) and I have started the level over about 4 times. HELP

You need to feed the monkey the bananas you have.

[Post New]by rebeltex on May 19, 09 8:51 PM
Help!! I can't figure out to get the slingshot (blue item) in the last set of puzzles which is preventing me from getting the ring and heart which are the last 2 blue items (I think?). Also cn't figure out to use the crystal ball that's in my inventory. Can someone please help? I've been stuck on this for days!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 19, 09 10:06 PM
Hi rebeltex and welcome!

Could you give me more info about where you are? I vaguely remember this, but I'm not sure where it is. Have you tried going to the All Game Forums (tab at top of page), clicking HE:Amazon and looking through the threads for the answer?

JeanHess
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JeanHess on May 20, 09 7:22 PM
I am stuck in the same spot as rebeltex and I can't get any further. I tried doing the level over without success. Has anyone passed this level? I don't know what it is that I am doing wrong!!

[Post New]by maggieblue on May 22, 09 4:12 AM
tickinkal wrote:HELP!! i too am having problems with the gears. I know nothing about gears. Any help will be appreciated.

[Post New]by maggieblue on May 22, 09 4:14 AM
THIS GAME LIKE RETURN TO RAVENHURST HAS A STRATEGY GUIDE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD. IT HAS HELPED ME A LOT.

[Post New]by walsh5462 on May 23, 09 7:24 AM
rebeltex wrote:Help!! I can't figure out to get the slingshot (blue item) in the last set of puzzles which is preventing me from getting the ring and heart which are the last 2 blue items (I think?). Also cn't figure out to use the crystal ball that's in my inventory. Can someone please help? I've been stuck on this for days!

I too am stuck on this same spot......help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by spiritedred on May 23, 09 8:08 PM
[b] I am stuck on the last puzzles as well.. can't get the heart, slingshot, or ring... Any ideas?

[Post New]by mraynersbaby on May 29, 09 6:35 AM
thursdayschild wrote:I cannot find the Beehive on level 12(I think) and I have started the level over about 4 times. HELP
You have to feed the monkey the bananas from your inventory the hive is behind him!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by fredlodge on Jun 1, 09 6:29 PM
I need help I'm not capable of giving any help. I am not even that far along but at the cave at the end of the third level ( I think) is where I am stuck. There was no blue word but I have a light bulb, a gas can and a bolt cutter. How do I get out of the cave? I have tried many times. I need help!

Go to: