bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 9, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LunaDatura06 on May 10, 13 5:02 AM
There is a virus attached to this game. The only thing I download on my computer are games from this site. In the 5 years I have downloaded from this site, this has never happened. When I click on Play I get an error that a game is already running and I have to reboot. When the computer comes back up, my anti-virus software comes up stating that there is a threat. General - rundll. I am removing the game and retrying it again. But the other games I have in my list play fine. This is a serious issue and could be what is causing others to have glitching, and other assorted problems with this game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 5:19 AM
Hi LunaDatura06,

Welcome to the Pond!

Please don't worry, this sounds like a false positive message and I would like to assure you that all of our games are rigorously tested and guaranteed to be virus free.

The best way of dealing with this is to contact Customer Support and let them know of the situation. There is some information that you can include in the email you send that will make ensure that we can get to helping you right away. For details on what to send, please see the following help article:

Virus Messages

I hope this helps to put you more at ease and I assure you we will be glad to work with you to put this right.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by LunaDatura06 on May 10, 13 2:47 PM
Actually - it is more specific. When I downloaded through Mozilla Firefox is when I got that weird virus message. However, I tried the download through Google Chrome and have had no issues. It's a little slow at times - but it is a pretty large file. I was really surprised to get the virus message because I have never had that experience with BFG. I think it is specific to something in the settings with Mozilla. I don't plan on using that browser any more due to this. Thank you, however, for the quick response.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 11, 13 10:44 AM
Just coming in as a Mozilla Firefox user myself. Sometimes when it asks you to let it update itself (which seems to be happening a lot lately), your previous sites that you granted full access to can drop off. You may need to give Big Fish full access again.

Also, if you are running something like Norton, and that also updates itself, it can cause a conflict and you may need to do the same with the permissions in Norton. It's happened to me before, twice actually. I always answer in the affirmative when anything trusted wishes to update, because I believe things are safer that way with a PC, but it can cause a few irritating issues.

Hope you get it resolved.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 11, 13 11:12 AM
That's definitely odd, LunaDatura06, that the message would only be showing up when downloading from Mozilla Firefox.

As Tiger2010 kindly mentioned it could be due to certain settings in the browser, or with the anti-virus system on your computer.

If you'd like to try out a few steps to get that working just contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix (our diagnostic tool) and they'll help take a closer look at what may be happening!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by vmcbride on May 11, 13 4:19 PM
I am unable to place the 'root' in the recipe for a sleeping potion in the second portal. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Am I doing something wrong?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 12, 13 3:06 AM
Heya vmcbride, welcome to the Pond!

Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't fix the root problem!

It can sometimes happen that a game doesn't work properly when the software on your computer could do with a little update. You can easily check this with the steps in our help article here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on May 12, 13 9:33 AM
I have installed and uninstalled this game about 5 times and it has never activated. What is the problem?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 12, 13 12:05 PM
Hi ChocCherry,

Activation problems aren't fun, so let's see if we can get that working for you!

One place to check is our help article here that goes over some basic troubleshooting for activation issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those tips aren't helping, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to assist you so you can enjoy the game.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on May 13, 13 6:38 PM
i too, am having a problem putting the root in the dish for the sleeping potion. the game will just not accept it. have tried the usual attempts at solving the problem; i.e., uninstalling and re-installing, etc.

i have just bought the game, and like so many other games lately, after purchase, there seems to be a problem with the game, and i cant play it anymore, and have wasted 10-14 dollars.

arent you people supposed to test these games before you release them to the public?

can anyone help me with the problem with this game, getting the root in the dish for the sleeping potion. i really like this game,and would like to be able to continue playing.

thank you for your help.

sincerely
serenity7x

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 1:52 AM
Hi serenity7x,

I am sorry you have had this trouble!

As you mentioned issues with a number of games I would encourage you to contact Tech Support and let them know the types of issues you have been having and with what games.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

We totally understand the disappointment felt when you purchase a game and cannot play it but hopefully by working with tech we can find the root causes of these issues you have been having!

Hope this helps and that this is worked out for you soon!

bfgBaikal

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 14, 13 9:40 AM
Only issue I'm having is a jerky curser. I've only had this issue once before, I disabled my anti-virus (I'm playing off line) and it was resolved....not in this case.

Don't see anyone else listing this issue and usually it is very common.
Are we expecting some type of update on this game?
Thanks

Game looks GREAT, but I'm waiting to purchase until the kinks are worked out...don't usually like CE's unless they have collectibles (the 15 letters don't count as they are almost a given/requirement). But the mini games look interesting and complex...worth replaying (maybe).

Edited on 05/14/2013 at 9:40:27 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 14, 13 9:50 AM
Hey Nana6177,

Thanks for already disabling the anti-virus program, and since that didn't help I'd definitely turn off any custom cursors which can often help with that jerkiness. Also checking for any video card driver updates would be a good idea since this is what the game uses to display correctly.

One of our Reps from Tech Support will also be happy to take a closer look and offer some other suggestions. Just be sure to include a Dr. Felix!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

fischbaer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by fischbaer on May 15, 13 7:05 AM
Having the same problem with the sleeping potion. I have the root, mushroom and berries, cannot mix it. The Hint button is stuck, according to the strategy guide I did everything right. Re-installing does not solve the problem.
Has anyone a solution? I cannot proceed with the game.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 15, 13 10:26 AM
Hey fischbaer,

Thanks for letting us know that you're having trouble with that sleeping potion as well.

Great that you've already tried that Hint button, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and checked the Strategy Guide. Since that still isn't working please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to take a closer look to see what may be causing those issues!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by blondie31 on May 15, 13 5:22 PM
I'm Having A Problem At The Cave Entrance. It Says To Put The Trap And The Pig There But Can't Because There's No Active Spot To Put Anything There, And My Hint Button Won't Work. Can You Please Help/ Fix The Problem. I Can't Go Any Further In The Game. Thanks.

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 5:24:45 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 16, 13 5:29 AM
Hi blondie31,

Sorry to hear you are having so many issues, normally when there is problems triggering an item into responding you can rely on the hint to help!

Because issues like you described indicate that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on May 16, 13 7:48 PM
Still having curser issues. Not just the curser...when a window closes (after you've zoom into something) as the window closes it closes in studders. It's like it's sticking, release, stick, release. Very annoying.

I've turned off anti virus, went to windows curser...and yes, I'm uptodate on ALL drivers. As per bfglzara, I'm off to send Felix a report.

This is a great game, love the fact it's more adventure than HOG. Unfortunately it seems that there were some kinks that should have been worked out before release. I know (figures crossed) that dev's beta and test, so how is it a game get's released with such glitches?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 17, 13 3:52 AM
Hi Nana6177,

Thanks for taking the time to try our suggestions and I'm sorry they didn't improve matters for you.

I am sure our Reps will be able to help with this though as they can offer more specific troubleshooting.

And just to touch on your question about testing the games; the games pass through a pretty rigorous QA team but it is hard to predict with 100% accuracy how a game will play on a given set up. A large amount of factors can affect how a game plays and as everyone's set up is different, so we do need to offer that one on one support at times.

This is why if you have issue with one or especially if you have trouble with more than one game, we will direct you to Tech Support because they can look more closely at things, isolate what the issue is and resolve it with you.

Hope this info helps a bit and that this game is sorted out soon for you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/17/2013 at 3:53:16 AM PST

Go to: