Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Stones of Rome

[Post New]by Martyheinz on May 10, 13 12:22 AM
This is a new twist on M3 games. It was released May 5 but it never showed up as a new game or soft release. Many M3 fans might be really interested in this game, if they knew about it. I found it quite by accident! Are there many games that are released that are not publicized?

Marty

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Stones of Rome

[Post New]by marie1931 on May 10, 13 12:51 AM
Hi Marty

Stones of Rome was released on April, 25
You can see it in the 'new releases' page

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 12:52:15 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on May 10, 13 2:33 AM
Thanks, Marie. I sure missed that one. I saw the May date in the forums and thought it was released then.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 10, 13 6:59 PM
I am so addicted to the "Stones". OMG, it is one tough game. I have almost completed my map but some of the levels have taken several days and many, many attempts. One trick I have found is that if you get stuck and restart the current level you sometimes get a different stone pattern at the beginning.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 2:01 AM
Glad to see you are enjoying this game Fishies; I love it when I find a gem of a soft release like this

I will go ahead now and move this thread over to the Stones of Rome Forum so that keep specific game topics in one place but have fun playing and sharing tips with one another!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 2:02:12 AM PST

kcpuppy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kcpuppy on May 22, 13 10:36 AM
Love the game, but so stuck on level 46...makes me not want to play anymore...anyone got any hints?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 22, 13 6:03 PM
Welcome to the pond, kcpuppy

If 46 is the one that has a pair of teal tiles surrounded by stone pots all around except for one entry point, you pretty much just have to get lucky with the stones on the bottom lining up so you can get the teal pair out of the way in a reasonable amount of time.

I didn't find that there were all that many "tricks" to playing, except for trying not to place rare colored stones on the board too often, and shuffling the common stones around on all four sides until you get the colors you need. If you can cluster some single stones around another one and then clear that one in the center, you can get the singletons to disappear (assuming that they can't slide over to another stone or hit a stone pot--watch the arrows on the placed stones to see how they will move). The game gets fiendishly hard so sometimes you just have to restart the board over and over until you get a setup that lets you clear out the rares reasonably fast. Good luck!

kcpuppy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kcpuppy on May 25, 13 6:28 AM
Thank you Synthpopaddict,,,,gonna try again.

Go to: