bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 12:37 AM
Interested to see what Fishies thought of the CE version of this game?

Just click here to find out!

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 10, 13 3:25 AM
Beautiful, dreamlike visuals and music, compelling story, decent voice acting and lengthy game play. I love this series of games.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 10, 13 8:44 AM
Sadly, I only could last about 15 minutes into the demo before I had to give it up. Good grief, it asked if I wanted a tutorial, I said no, but I still had to endure it. Graphics were lovely but I had to turn off that annoying voice-over. You were able to skip the cutscenes but not the endless dialog...click, click, click and still more dialog. Not necessary, you should be able to skip over that.

Story was moving along very slowly due mostly to constant unskippable dialog and tutorials. Not into frustration...I need a game to move along a bit more quickly. So, after only 15 minutes of demo I can only give this a 2 out of 5...not for me.

pia1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pia1947 on May 10, 13 8:51 AM
I only managed 10 minutes. Most annoyed that after saying I didn't want a tutorial I was forced into having one! Game was too slow and too much dialogue for me. Won't be buying.

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 8:51:50 AM PST

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on May 10, 13 9:39 AM
Contrary to what others are saying, I am really enjoying this game. The artistic effort is much appreciated and, for a change, I don't even mind the music background. It is a little difficult understanding the flow at the beginning but I found that, once I was into the game, it became much more understandable. This one is certainly a buy for me.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 10, 13 10:45 AM
I did enjoy the other 2, in fact loved the first game. So I will get this one with a PCC, I would not feel it worth while to buy at full price and certainly not the CE version as I dislike most MP3 games.
It is frustrating to be ask if you want help and then push it down your throat anyway. Any new or inexperienced players can just click to accept the tutorial.
Also I dislike that sound whenever you collect a HOS item.

Apart from that, I do like the graphics and am just hoping the game will improve now that I have got past the introductory section.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 10, 13 1:23 PM
Just have to agree that the forced tutorial and endless dialogue are major turn-offs. I can't imagine what the devs were thinking to make such a slow start to this game.

That said, once through the first half hour or so, the game settles into more of the style that I enjoyed in the first two games in this series. Graphics are quite nice. While perhaps too slow-paced for many players, I enjoy the peaceful dreamy atmosphere in this series.

I'm going to go on faith that I will enjoy the rest of the game enough to make it worth using a free punch....on the next "double punch Monday".

Nothing like going all in....but conservatively.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 10, 13 1:59 PM
Well, didn't care for the first game, bought the second game and not too sure about this one. I did demo the CE and was hoping for a few changes, but didn't happen. Graphics aren't bad, but a bit grainy, game play a bit choppy in places but otherwise not bad. I like games with voice overs, but the wizard sounds like he needs to clear his throat and the princess isn't too bright..very disappointed.

Not a lot of HOGs, but easy to find items. Games not difficult either. There is way too much dialogue and not enough action. You cannot skip through either. The map is not a jump map, which would be very helpful in this game (unless I missed something). The cat coins help jump, but you have to find one first and then remember where the machines are to use them. The hint system fills quickly, but isn't really all that helpful. Tells you where you need to go next, but then you have to find the place and figure out what's happening from there. At least there is a WT.

Looks to be a very long SE, which is great! I had originally thought I would get this as an SE, but I'm not sure now. It just didn't grab me. It moved slowly, mostly because of all the yaking. I'll put this in my puddle and think about it a bit longer. If nothing better comes along and I need to use a credit, I will get it.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 10, 13 2:02 PM
I wanted to like this as I have played the other two, but this is not fun. I played the demo for about 45 minutes. I found that I dislike the HOS as the objects are very small and blended into the background. The sound when you do find one is annoying. I found myself needing the hint button way too often.

Outside of HOS hint button will tell you something like find something near the bedroom door. Good luck identifying the bedroom door.

Yes the graphics are attractive, but there is a haze over things.

I was surprised by the small download for something that was a CE. I guess a lot of shortcuts have been taken.

[Post New]by Tennie_Frog on May 13, 13 12:00 PM
I agree with previous posters. I won't be buying this. Too much of the devs enjoying their animation, and not enough for the actual player to do.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 4, 13 8:07 AM
i, like most of the review'ers here, was frustrated by all the unsippable dialogue.
the neigh-on impossible h.o. scenes and general haziness of the game.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jun 23, 13 5:12 PM
Like the first 2 games, this was fantastic. What a wonderful trilogy!
Haunting music, captivating storyline, loved the characters...even Pandora.
I'm glad I purchased this series and if there is another? Who knows. I will purchase that too.

[Post New]by swiss_star5 on Jul 28, 13 11:43 AM
I liked this one the most of the three. The graphics are still beautiful and this one was a little harder so it was more enjoyable (not everything sparkled and no scene finished tags which made the first 2 too easy).

Map was helpful and I liked being able to teleport so that you weren't endlessly clicking through scenes to get back to the temple.

I had to use the hint button a couple of times but generally the game play was straight forward. I found the HOG scenes to be normal difficulty, i.e. occasionally I have to use a hint for the last item, except for one where you had to find lots of silhouettes. But the hint recharges quickly and there isn't any pressure with the timing.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Nov 23, 13 3:26 PM
fantastic game, beautiful graphics and challenging mini games. well done big fish

Go to: