bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Guest House: Can't Repair

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 2:30 AM
Hi
I think I might have a bug. I cannot repair the guest house. When I click on it nothing happens except I get the information bubble saying it will take 1h 30m.

I had the repair the guest house task but it completed without me repairing it and grandma hasn't turned up. I have fully repaired the main house and successfully built the sawmill, brick kiln and snack bar. I have Grandpa and the husband.

The chicken coop is a mess, I need Grandma! Please help. :o)
Thanks in advance
Bec

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Guest House: Can't Repair

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 10, 13 4:52 AM
Hi bechaupt

I am sorry to see you have has this trouble, it definitely seems like something is not quite right here.

I found a thread over here discussing this in case you would like to check it out.

If that doesn't help, I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 4:54:33 AM PST

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 6:48 AM
Thanks Baikai

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but no change. From the other post it looks like I may not be the only one with this problem.

I'll try the technical help. Hopefully there will be a bug fix soon.

Thanks again
Bec

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 13 8:54 AM
Bechaupt... after I finished building the Brick Factory, the guy appeared again next to the letter box, and said I should be building a school. After that the girl said that while her husband is building the school, she could be redoing the guest house so that her grandma could come.

However, you will first need some money for those repairs. A task tab will pop up, which says that you have to first earn 1000 silver coins. The money you already have doesn't count. You have to earn now an extra 1000 silver coins. Once you have that money, you can then redo the guest house.

Hope this helps.

ETA: I have now sold enough stuff to earn 1000 silver pieces, but I still can't access the guest house and repair it. I think the reason is that only one person at the time can be busy doing something big. The school house takes 10 hours !! to be build, and I can't get the husband away from it until it's finished.
So if the girl was also busy redoing the guest house (who knows how many hours that will take), then there is no one else around to look after the crop or collect eggs from the chicken.

So I think that the guest house will open for me once the husband is done with his work.

--- --- ---

More ETA: BTW, I said in one of my posts that, in order to save energy, you don't have to water the plants or use the hoe on them. However, if you do water the crop, and use the hoe, etc, the time it takes for the crop to grow will be reduced quite a bit each time.

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 9:16:35 AM PST

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 2:19 PM
Thanks Valdy,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunatly it doesn't help. I have built the brick factory, sawmill, school, main house, bus stop, snack bar and have almost finished the fruit factory. I have the Husband and Grandpa but no Grandma.

I have over 30, 000 silver dollars. I have over 50 wood, stone, planks and bricks each. The repair the guest house task completed without me repairing the guest house.

I am coming to the conclusion this is definitely a bug. When I go to the map even though I have never been able to even view a quest when ever I click on a location I receive the message - "You have the maximum number of quests".

Bec

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on May 10, 13 6:24 PM
I just got this. You have to go to the school to learn. After you attend this then you can do the guest house.

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on May 10, 13 7:42 PM
Thanks Sportygal,

I got frustrated and tried starting over because I had run out of tasks and I could start any quests. I am worried though because I had studied at the school (twice) and still couldn't build the guest house in my old game. At least this time if I finish the school and study and still can't build the guest house I might as well give up. :0(

Bec

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 13 12:17 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:I just got this. You have to go to the school to learn. After you attend this then you can do the guest house.

Oh, at last a positive fact. Thanks for that tip, Sportygal. I was beginning to wonder when oh when the guesthouse does open for me.

[Post New]by ybegood on Mar 16, 14 12:34 PM
After searching all over the web including this site and reading all the advice I've come to the conclusion that you just need to keep doing stuff. I got the offer for grandpa and other things after I wind collections and exchanged some of them. There is no rhyme or reason to this I think it just happens because once you meet one requirement all of a sudden 45 of them will all ding up as achievements so you just need to keep plugging away.

Go to: