NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

DD- May 10 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on May 10, 13 8:31 AM
This SE game offers some CE bonuses,so it's a great deal at $2.99, in my opinion.

There are 2 modes of play. Casual and Expert. You can switch modes mid-game by accessing the difficulty bar in the options menu. There were sparkles for HOS in expert mode, but I didn't notice sparkles at other interactive areas.

There are voice overs.

There is no map. For me, this was the greatest negative in the game, as there is quite a bit of trekking back and forth. The hint was not helpful in navigating....just offered "there is nothing to do here".

There is a journal. It contains the story and clues needed to progress in the game.

There are 6 achievements: You can find details of those by clicking on the Extras tab.

It is noted in the achievements that there are 22 morphing objects. Many of the objects are actually "disappearing" objects, although there are still the traditional objects that change in to something else. I only found 8 the first time that I played and 14 the second time that I played. I thought that perhaps some of the objects can only be found in the CE version. I checked the walk-through, and only noticed 15 "morphing" objects highlighted.

HOS: There are 23 HOS. For the most part, I found the scenes clear and the objects fairly easy to locate. I did not have to adjust the brightness.
13 of these scenes are interactive.

Hint: The hint button refilled in 30 secs in casual mode and 1 min in expert mode. The hint button worked outside of HOS, but I did not find it helpful.

Puzzles: There are 12 puzzles. They can be skipped in approximately 1 min in casual and expert mode. I found the puzzles to be very easy, but had to skip a "music memory" type puzzle, as the background music would not switch off. This did not happen the first time that I played.

Overall, this was a fine game for me. It was dark and dreary, with a mediocre story and abrupt conclusion. However, I was entertained for 4 hours 34 mins the first time that I played, and enjoyed it enough to play it through again. And, I will play it a third time in the future ..... just to get my last achievement. As always, try for yourself.

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 9:04:53 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

Re:DD- May 10 2013

[Post New]by read61 on May 10, 13 3:08 PM
I got this one when it was first released and really enjoyed it - until I ran into a glitch in one of the HO scenes (so did several others). They never did fix it, and I never did get to finish the game.............

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on May 10, 13 3:30 PM
Hi MildewWolf,
It is very nice to "meet" you. I have enjoyed your reviews and I sincerely hope to see more of them.

Hi Read,
Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the game. I've had that happen to me with 4 or 5 games, but that's out of 200+. It's so frustrating when you like the game, but CS always came through with a replacement game coupon when we couldn't solve the problem.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Glitch

[Post New]by jan1949 on May 10, 13 3:37 PM
read61 -- Where and what is the glitch you ran into in this game, please?

I played the demo for the whole hour and did not find a glitch, just a brush that was called a comb in the HO list. I am a bit slow in my play because I look all around, trying not to miss anything. This game is dark and dreary but that's the theme so I will deal with it. For me, there are too many HO scenes; but since I played long enough to get my curiosity aroused, I will buy this at the Daily Deal price of $2.99. Actually, I did enjoy the hour demo. As other Fishies recommend -- try before you buy!

Edited on 05/10/2013 at 3:38:02 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 10, 13 4:48 PM
I lasted 11 minutes. Which was probably 8 or 9 minutes of play. Two totally junkpile HO scenes in that time is too many for me. It didn't really grab me, either, so I deleted it. Too bad. I seem to have most of the 2.99 games already, LOL. Was hoping I'd missed a gem with this one, but I guess not. The music was good, and the VOs, but I just can't take a lot of HOS. Ugh.

Go to: