bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by patriciaann on May 11, 13 1:08 AM
Hi, I just ordered and paid for this game and it will NOT download. I tried using the usual way at the order page and nothing. Then I tried using the download on the email confirmation. The download started but keeps on restarting. A solution asap would be appreciated.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Legacy Tales: Mercy of the Gallows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 1:23 AM
Hi patriciaann,

I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which has some great tips on how to ensure nothing interferes with the download. Sometime the way the game is 'packaged' can complicate things a little but the advice in that article should help you avoid any download disruptions:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the error persists though, or you would like some more direction on this, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page. And it would be great if you could attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so that we can get to helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by patriciaann on May 11, 13 2:42 AM
I restarted my computer and have restarted the download, all good so far. thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 3:31 AM
Oh that is good to hear and thanks for updating us.

Hoping you get to enjoy the game soon!

bfgBaikal

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on May 11, 13 4:44 AM
Cannot pick up anything in the dining room HOS.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 11, 13 6:01 AM
Hi spiritc,

Hmmm, I am sorry about that.

If there are no other areas to explore, I would recommend checking to see if you can run any updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and responds for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

If you would like some more specific advice on this, please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine.

If you have the time please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this helps and thanks for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 6:02:09 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 11, 13 7:04 AM
This game came up in serious letterbox style -- I have a 23" widescreen, Windows 8 and the game was centered with very large black bars on each side and somewhat smaller ones on top and bottom. The game options were checked for widescreen and fullscreen. At an estimate It doesn't look it would have filled my old 17" screen either -- I didn't measure the size, but it really looks like it barely made 11" or so in length. I exited and deleted -- actually gave me a headache peering at it.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 11, 13 8:46 AM
Game was playing smoothly and had no problems till I reached the HO scene in dining room. The objects from list highlight like normal when clicked on but don't go anywhere. Since the other HO scenes prior to worked fine, I would say this area needs a fix job.

Dennisgvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dennisgvr on May 11, 13 9:16 AM
I had to find pairs there. So 2 off the same before they disappear.
Hope that helps!

[Post New]by Wildrose111 on May 11, 13 9:17 AM
NancySusan wrote:This game came up in serious letterbox style -- I have a 23" widescreen, Windows 8 and the game was centered with very large black bars on each side and somewhat smaller ones on top and bottom. The game options were checked for widescreen and fullscreen. At an estimate It doesn't look it would have filled my old 17" screen either -- I didn't measure the size, but it really looks like it barely made 11" or so in length. I exited and deleted -- actually gave me a headache peering at it.
SAME HERE SMALL PICTURE

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 11, 13 11:09 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks for posting about your issues! For that small screen I would recommend checking the resolution and also checking for any video card driver updates which helps the game display properly.

Please also go ahead and contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and get that full screen working!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on May 11, 13 2:36 PM
I have played almost all the way through, and used my three signet rings to open a door. Afterwards, instead of them vanishing from my inventory, my diving helmet did. Guess I won't be finishing this game anytime soon. We need a patch.

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on May 11, 13 3:27 PM
KarlynG wrote:I have played almost all the way through, and used my three signet rings to open a door. Afterwards, instead of them vanishing from my inventory, my diving helmet did. Guess I won't be finishing this game anytime soon. We need a patch.

I have the same problem, only the 3 signet rings are still there but my 2 last medallions are gone. Now I can't finish. Could we get a fix please?

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on May 11, 13 3:31 PM
Did fine for about 20 minutes, then the game kicked me out 3 times. After the 3rd time, it also deleted itself from my computer. Leery of buying now.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on May 11, 13 3:45 PM
I got to point where you are to go through the gate in the cemetary & big white screen came up instead with (1) had to use the Task Manager to get out of it. Plus going between scenes is very slow.

Went back to game able play it through until the cemetary gate where you are suppose to have 5 medillions but I have none my inventory but pick them as I when along.

I am going try in another player hope this works.

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 8:49:26 PM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Bone triangle has disappeared

[Post New]by netnanna on May 11, 13 3:53 PM
Bone triangle has disappeared from my inventory, went back to wall but was told everything had been collected. Having read the forum, this is a no buy for me.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 11, 13 5:16 PM
As noted by others in the "The Mac version is here" thread, there is no custom cursor for the Mac version -- no choice of cursor in the options, only cursor available is the system arrow.

Biggest problem with that as far as game play goes is the lack of the hand cursor when you hover over an item that can be picked up.
Personally I think that adds more challenge, but in the case of the coins you must find to proceed in the game, the lack of the hand makes for more frustration than challenge. Some of those coins are ridiculously difficult to spot, adding too much annoyance to an otherwise excellent gaming experience.

I do not know if this is a technical issue or a necessary omission to put out the Mac version, but I would like to know the answer before purchasing the game. Please do not tell me this must be documented by many Mac players before you can approach the developer. This is not a case of individual configuration, type of Mac, or OS being run. The option does not exist.

From other posts here, it looks like you will be asking the developer about the PC version glitches. Please add the Mac question to your list. Thank you.

ETA: I have decided to buy the game anyway since it piqued my curiosity more than many games of late. Plus there is a bit of a savings. That does not negate my previous comments, however.

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 12:18:38 AM PST

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 11, 13 6:59 PM
Duhhhhhh...got HO in dining room...helps to read directions Thanks dennisgvr for steering me in right direction.

Edited on 05/11/2013 at 7:00:15 PM PST

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on May 11, 13 7:21 PM
KarlynG wrote:I have played almost all the way through, and used my three signet rings to open a door. Afterwards, instead of them vanishing from my inventory, my diving helmet did. Guess I won't be finishing this game anytime soon. We need a patch.
Mine was the 5 amulets I need to open the cemetery gate, and the 3 signet rings reappeared!!!!!!

Go to: