cujo126
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

do u need ALL the coins?

[Post New]by cujo126 on May 11, 13 2:38 PM
has anyone got far enuff in the game to determine if in fact you need ALL the coins?

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:do u need ALL the coins?

[Post New]by Bee921 on May 11, 13 3:38 PM
I found all but 2 coins; used them all. I've finished the game twice.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 11, 13 4:08 PM
me too... found all but 3 and I finished the regular game. am know playing the bonus

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 11, 13 9:17 PM
You do not need ALL the coins, but the most I had left after using them in any one place was 5. Once you arrive at a location where you need to use them your game will tell you how many you need for that location.

TIP (Possible SPOILER): Your treasure chest will remain slightly ajar until you have found all the coins in a single scene. Once you have found them all in that scene the chest will close. That may save you from checking the map frequently.

cujo126
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by cujo126 on May 11, 13 10:01 PM
just wanted to say thx to everyone who responded..i feel better knowing that after hours of play I will still be able to finish..so far I have found all but 1..

[Post New]by Rebellina on Jun 14, 13 10:31 AM
I am playing CE and cannot understand why the chest on the ship deck needs 13 coins to open, yet the SG only shows 12 coins available from the last chest. I have spent HOURS looking for these coins and using every scene in the SG and I cannot figure out where I went wrong to get the 13th coin. Of course, as u all know, there is no progress without them as they give essential element to next step.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Lozde
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Lozde on Sep 2, 13 5:49 AM
I'm in the same situation as Rebellina. I reached to Batavia's deck but stuck there because the treasure chest demands 13 coins but I have collected only 12 coins. I checked the SG twice in all scenes, it shows only 12 coins for this chest on Batavia. I'm really frustrated. The only way I can think of is to start a new game but I'm discouraged thinking that I'll find myself in the same situation when I arrive Batavia. I really hope that someone will be able to help.

Lozde
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Lozde on Sep 2, 13 5:50 AM
I'm in the same situation as Rebellina. I reached to Batavia's deck but stuck there because the treasure chest demands 13 coins but I have collected only 12 coins. I checked the SG twice in all scenes, it shows only 12 coins for this chest on Batavia. I'm really frustrated. The only way I can think of is to start a new game but I'm discouraged thinking that I'll find myself in the same situation again when I arrive Batavia. I really hope that someone will be able to help.

FNCFNC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by FNCFNC on Sep 4, 14 11:53 PM
I can't find the 20th coin at the steps of the castle. I found the 2 together, but can find the 3rd one. According to the walk thru it is in the black opening next to the entrance into the castle. Can anyone help me.

Go to: