bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 12, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 12, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 12, 13 12:36 AM
Interested to read the reviews on the CE version of this game?

Just click here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 14, 13 12:45 PM
we really liked the game, we give it 5 stars out of 5 stars , we recommend this game to ALL. no matter what type of game you like, you will like this one.............................

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 17, 13 12:35 AM
OMG! I have 17 minutes left of the demo, and I must have more! More, I tell you! Much, much more!

I know this isn't much of a review, but I just had to come over here to jump up and down and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with happiness!! I'm completely blown away!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 4, 13 9:06 PM
i am sure this is a good game, but i hate the floating cursor!

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on Jun 16, 13 11:26 PM
Yolanded! Right on! Great game and excellent value! More please B F....

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 17, 13 5:42 AM
Best Game Of Year 2013 Contender

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

Yes, this game really is that good. It’s got something to please everyone.
The story though superficially familiar is far more interesting than that. Just exploring the island, talking to the remaining inhabitants and trying to figure out what’s going on is involving.

The game looks great, bright, clear, misty within context. And I particularly love that though the town was deserted, it was not all old and ugly. Some parts of the town had been attended to up until very recently.

The voiceovers were wonderful. Beautiful well spoken speeches exhibiting appropriate emotions. That’s a rare treat. Music okay and background noises very good at establishing atmosphere. There are times in the game where you are walking about alone and the sense of eerie emptiness is inescapable.

The HOs are not very hard, a little interactive, and of two list types, giving us a little variety. The puzzles are well explained and are fairly easy – I only needed the SG twice. Experienced players will want to play on hard core (level 3), but I suspect even then this may a bit easy. For intermediate me, it was perfect.

Is the CE worth the extra money? I’m glad I bought it. The bonus games were fun, I actually found a wallpaper worth putting on my desktop and there are morphing objects and achievements.

The main game is self-contained and finishes properly, so I don’t think this is a lesser game. It is still well worth the money at SE prices.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Nov 15, 13 12:37 AM
I didn't care for this game at all. There's an interactive map which allows you to jump to wherever you want to go, which is good. And places on the map glow whenever there is something to do there - the kicker being that the spots glow when something NEEDS to be done, not necessarily that something can be done NOW. That can be very misleading and cause a lot of needless and frustrating hopping back and forth.

The hint feature is just the opposite: it gives TOO MUCH information. Instead of just pointing you in the right direction, it leads you by the nose to the exact area, then the exact spot within that area. Sometimes I needed a little bit of a nudge in the right direction, not a kick in the pants.

The game showed a lot of promise at first, but it went down hill fast. For me, its flaws far outweighed its virtues.

Go to: