bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Bugs??

[Post New]by bichy on May 12, 13 9:32 AM
I just picked up a quest at lvl 16 from the map at Toronto but it is one I cannot even begin till lvl 23. The quest is for cheese and butter and involves several items; cow paddock available @ lvl23 and milk factory @ lvl 27 to purchase then they need to be built. The map informs me there will be another quest available in 13 hours and xx minutes. Impossible to achieve this goal so why give it at lvl 16. Quests are becoming few and far between and take a long time to do due to the growing, and producing times and at times have been of little or no profit actually costing me silver for the purchase of the seeds. Surely it must be a bug for this quest to be given at lvl 16 when you cannot even begin it for another 7 lvls.

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 9:36:09 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Bugs??

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 3:17 AM
Hi bichy,

Unfortunately, the Forum is not very suited to specific troubleshooting, so I would encourage you contact Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so we can look into this for you.

Once of our Reps will be glad to work with you on this and this will also allow us to gather some info on the issue, so we can go about addressing it.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

moetown18
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moetown18 on May 14, 13 5:11 AM
Same here... I am at level 17 and cannot make the butter and cheese quest either. Why would they give a quest if we cannot even build the building to make the quest.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 14, 13 6:53 AM
It's maybe to give you the choice to take that quest for later if it's a great deal(?).

You can hit cancel on a (map) quest and choose not to take it just then.

I assumed it would always be there later so I was cancelling out of all of them, growing the vegs and then going back to accept them in the order that I could complete them.

But one time the quest I was expecting had been replaced by another.

I'll edit here once I know for sure (it may take a few days before I get one that I want to reject) but I suspect that when the timer for a next quest for that particular state is up, any left over, unaccepted yet, quest maybe gets replaced(?).

You could try cancelling out of those 'too early for your level' quests & and see if they are gone later on, or the next day.

In the meantime you can read all the available ones (so long as you are cancelling out, not 'OK'ing them) to pick and choose the ones you can do most easily, or the ones which give the best rewards for the amount of effort/time involved in meeting them.

Edited on 05/14/2013 at 6:55:53 AM PST

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on May 18, 13 12:31 AM
Thanks Daisy_May.
It could well be that it is to give you a choice but the bottom line is that I cannot cancel it once I picked it up and I did that by clicking the X button at the top of the page instead of the cancel button at the bottom.
Also there are a ton of "milk, cheese, butter" quests up on my map and they are not changing to other things - as a matter of fact I now have 3 quests for items I can not even start doing till lvl 27 because they need wheat and oats (lvl 28) - these do not change on the map and my farm is lvl 21.
At the moment I have 3 quests that I can do and no others are showing up as I finish them as the 5 map (plus the one I cannot cancel) quests are for things I cannot even start for a good while. Plain grind as in just planting for the sake of it is just not fun and takes way too long to lvl.

Edited on 05/18/2013 at 12:41:22 AM PST

hez92
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by hez92 on May 18, 13 1:15 AM
i lost my 32 gold coins when i accidentally click button ctrl + enter!! give me back my gold!!! :'(

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on May 21, 13 12:51 PM
Mine isn't updating any quests. I've had the quest for Milk in Dallas since I was at level 16. I'm now level 21 and the same quest is waiting for me to accept it. Since I can't get cows until level 23, I can't complete that quest.
And now all my other cities are giving me quests that I can't fulfill until I reach higher levels. It sucks that I'm just marking time waiting to level up so I can fulfill these quests.

[Post New]by CapricornSongs on May 21, 13 6:50 PM
I have the same problem. Four states that have quests I can't do for 6-7 levels from where I am. They've been there for 2 days now. I wonder if it's not so much that it's a bug but rather, that there is a finite number and order for the quests in each town. Other posts seem to indicate that in the early 30s, they have run out of quests to do.

Terrisa
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Terrisa on Aug 7, 13 8:23 PM
Yes I do think there are a lot of Glitches, although I think they want you to buy gold coins and such so... they make certain quests that, some you can do some you cannot unless you pay gold. I think it is all about the MONEY. That is my opinion.

Edited on 08/07/2013 at 8:24:28 PM PST

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 8, 13 5:54 AM
Hello fellow Farm Up gamers,

I too have a quest from the map that I accepted for milk factory products and I can't do them for a few levels. I don't mind that the map quests require higher levels than what you current level is because you can cancel them and not accept them. I found that out after posting somewhere about that quest for the milk factory products. My advice is simply to cancel out of them until you reach a higher level.

As far as the gold is concerned, I haven't purchased any gold with real money and I'm doing just fine with the game. I've read somewhere in these forums that you can make it through the game without purchasing any gold. You can get gold by completing a couple of quests that offer it as a reward, completing the achievements which gives two gold coins for each achievement completed and by trading in collections. There is one other way to accumulate gold as well. If you sign into the game everyday, when you get to the fifth day the reward is one gold coin and each additional day that you sign in you get another gold coin. There is one trick with this, you must make sure you sign out of the game before midnight each day. Then when you sign back into the game after midnight it will count another day and advance your reward by another day.

There are a few bugs with the game but Big Fish has demonstrated that they are going to support this game by releasing an update for it recently. If you want to report a bug try posting in the "technical issues for free play Farm Up" thread that is at the top of the threads in the forum. Also, if you have a suggestion for the devs you can post in the "SUGGESTIONS" thread for future updates and modifications.

As you level up the XP required to reach the next level increases. Yes, it does take longer to level up as you progress, but new items become available to grow that offer more XP and silver per harvest too. Try checking out your options and find stuff that offers more XP and silver per harvest and that will increase your XP faster than simply fulfilling quests. I'm currently level 26 and just planted my first round of lemon trees, they are 110 XP per harvest and I have 39 beds so that's 4,290 XP per harvest and they produce 12 crops. One round of lemon trees will advance me quite a bit, I'm afraid I'll be planting lemon trees for the remainder of the game for maximum XP and silver.

Overall I think this is an excellent game for a free title.

Jarrow
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by Jarrow on Aug 8, 13 11:48 AM
Sliponshoes,

I agree wtih ALL of your comments and did want to add that with some of the levels, 2 Gold is part of the reward for leveling. So, advancing CAN get you the gold needed to purchase that Pasta Factory upgrade.

Lemons also pay well when you sell off some of your thousands of lemons that you will get daily.

Happy farming!

Go to: