NancyLou9
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Stuck on phone in Katherine Saunder's cellar

[Post New]by NancyLou9 on May 12, 13 10:37 AM
I have the phone number needed to dial it but it's not working.

I watched the video of the puzzle and the solution makes so sense to me? Why am I only dialing three numbers if the phone number is a ten-digit number?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Stuck on phone in Katherine Saunder's cellar

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 12, 13 1:58 PM
Here are the instructions from the game for that puzzle.

Instructions:
Dial a number on the phone to turn on the A B and C lights.

It only takes one number to turn on each light. The phone number at the bottom is a clue to the correct numbers.

If you get a number wrong the lights will go off and you have to start over.

Edited on 05/12/2013 at 2:47:43 PM PST

Grgramma16
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Grgramma16 on May 16, 13 5:29 PM
I'm having the same problem. I can see using one group of numbers for each letter. HHowever when I get the first light lit and start the second sequence of numbers the light goes out. So I start over again and the same thing happens. Is this a glitch in the game? Or is there something to be done between dialing sequences? I'm going nuts here. I'm not a very patient person and I have skipped just about every puzzle, but I really dont want skip this one, just so I can say I made a phone call. Please help.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 17, 13 10:44 AM
You only hit 3 numbers. You don't dial the whole number or the numbers in each sequence of numbers.

[Post New]by jrichter on May 25, 13 4:37 PM
There may be a glitch here. I ended up skipping the puzzle, but when I looked at the solution in the video walkthrough on youtube, it looks like the person doing the screen grab had a similar problem. The final number is a 2, but that's not one of the numbers in the phone number given to you. Not sure how you're supposed to end up with a 2 at the end! But it looks like the person solving it on youtube just cycled through all the numbers after the 4 and the 3 were pressed until s/he found the right combo. Should have thought of that...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 25, 13 5:22 PM
I posted video solutions for all the mini-game puzzles for Castle and I have no idea why the last number is 2. The number 2 worked for me but I only found it through trial and error. It would be nice if it made any sense. I guess only the game developers know why 2 worked for the final number.

Go to: