bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Big Bang West

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Big Bang West ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Big Bang West page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Big Bang West

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 14, 13 6:49 AM
Quite a surprise that there were no comments/reviews for this game. Did I miss the memo..... or did everyone "sleep in" this morning. Here in Texas, it's about 8:30a so I had a few minutes to look at TGT.

What can I say after playing a while - well, I understand the underwhelming response. It's an okay little time management/build-it game, if a person hadn't already played some really GOOD time management games (i.e. Adelantado 1 & 2).

.Made it through about 5 levels in under 5 minutes, so not much challenge to draw you in.
.No little "guys" running around or jumping up and down, so it's not even visually interesting.
.I wasn't able to enter my own player name and had to chose from one of those offered (didn't like that very much).
.All through the levels, "heads" popped up in the lower right corner to tell me "i was doing great", "there wasn't enough food", etc.... Very annoying, as I could track my progress on the graph at the top. Really didn't need the distracting "heads".

Would I recommend it? Nope.... Not even if this is the first of this style you've ever seen.

**Review written with apologies to Valdy and cbtx. Not up to their standards, but it's the first time I've ever been first to review......

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on May 14, 13 7:01 AM
A great review barbaralbb! I agree with everything you said. There was a town level guage but no population count. You had to click on info to see that. Then the annoying right corner was telling me to use the sheriff to get the robber?????? I tried knocking on the door and clicking on the robber. Hmmmm
Been spoiled by too many excellent TM's. Really disliked this one.

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on May 14, 13 7:28 AM
I have to agree with the reviews written but despite them I still liked this game. The makers could have done so much more with it but I think the basics are good. I would like to see an update done on this and to be able to try it again.

This is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by sateku_1975 on May 14, 13 10:27 AM
I really wanted to like this, but since I've spent so much time on games like Adelantado, Sweet Kingdom, Island Tribe etc, this is like taking a huge step backwards in time. I mean, it is not even possible to use my own name?! And the graphics are just boring.

I left the demo after trying six levels. Not for me.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 14, 13 2:41 PM
I, too, really wanted to be excited about this but it just isn't challenging enough. The people popping up on the right side and blocking areas you want to see is annoying. The robber thing is weird...I agree...what are you supposed to do about that? Click on him?

Also...I thought it was funny that the town's population was increased by 3 when you built a cemetery!!! Dead bodies count I guess!

No buy for me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 14, 13 7:55 PM
Not my favorite, nor most challenging TM game, but still a cute game via the graphics, and I like the cartoon feel of same, as well as the western theme. Used game credit on it.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Big Bang West

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 14, 13 8:14 PM
Still working thru the tutorial, but looks like this offering from the developer of Be a King and its sequels is essentially the same thing reset in the mythic Old West.

I think I'm going to like it.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 15, 13 2:17 AM
Graphics is so-so, game play is ok, similar to other builder's game. I dont find it interesting, but those that just love builder's game, can consider using a free stamp. Game play can get boring after a while and I got to abt 10 levels in 1 hr trial

Bluester
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Bluester on May 15, 13 2:45 PM
I tried clicking a bunch on the robber and got the message, "Oh no!!! Your sheriff has been shot dead!!"
So that's not the answer.. if only there were rules...directions.. something...

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on May 15, 13 6:45 PM
Too boring ... not much visually to keep me interested and the levels don't always build on each other enough to offer a good challenge based on previous towns. The people that pop up in the corner are annoying, and a few times my money was going down each day but had no way to see why, never had to deal with a robber (stopped after 30 mins and decided that was enough). Kept finding myself with no money and the people telling me to hire a sheriff or another worker, but didn't have enough money.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 15, 13 8:39 PM

This game is "Be a King" revamped to "Be a Cowboy".

Still working through the first Be a King so this is a no buy for me.

Angel

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on May 15, 13 11:14 PM
I bought this game and for the people who said it isn't challenging enough for them, just you wait!! It gets really harder as you go and I can't find a walkthrough for some of these levels. I'm at the level of the town called "the Good". It's tough, let me tell you!!

[Post New]by LatteFueled on May 16, 13 8:29 PM
I just completed the game, all 35 levels with gold. I love these kinds of games so I enjoyed it. BUT it wasn't terribly challenging. I almost always need lots of help from walkthroughs, and I didn't need any help. It also seemed short, there was no story, the graphics were nothing to get excited about. Most games create new challenges and the last half of the game was just doing the same thing over and over. No new kids of homes to build, or better up grades. I was about tired of the redundancy of each level when I finished. Basically there are two ways to winning the levels in gold, once you've got that down, there is no challenge each level is played one of those two ways. Sometimes I just sit there collecting momey with nothing to do until I reach the goal.

zbeewmn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by zbeewmn on May 23, 13 8:49 PM
I only got to the fifth level before deciding this game wasn't for me. It was confusing--obviously English is not the first language of the game builders. It wasn't very challenging. Just get enough workers and materials, and things got done during the required amount of 'days'. I didn't like how the goals were hidden under the "Info" button and how the top information didn't tell me what I needed to know, like how much of the goal I'd completed, and how much money I had or needed for another worker, or wood.

I love time management games, but this was a great disappointment.

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on May 28, 13 12:48 PM
I agree with everyone, I am almost done but not the most exciting game I have played.

Got it for free with the weekend BOGO and worth every penny I paid for it LOL!

[Post New]by kimberly7777 on May 31, 13 8:20 PM
*Review written with apologies to Valdy and cbtx. Not up to their standards, but it's the first time I've ever been first to review......"

I'm sad to see that language is necessary.

So a reason why typical reviewers don't review is because the regulars haven't have their say yet? A reason a regular reviewer may be quiet is because they don't review after they've seen what's out there.

I keep coming back a few weeks at at a time to see if there's ONE decent game worth the money. I 100% rely on reviews. Now I see comments like this on a regular basis.

If you won't review you lose this:

Game devs learning why something didn't work. (within the game, within your computer!!, they care about this!!)
BFG learning why they aren't getting funds for a game.
Community spirit.

So if you insist on holding back for your reasons, don't be too surprised when you get what you get.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 7, 13 3:14 PM
Oy. I normally devour these types of games - I probably have em all. But this one I just couldn't do.

Perhaps I made my decision too hastily - I couldn't even make it through 20 minutes of the demo. (Am I the only one who sometimes worries that if I say that, it'll discourage devs from allowing players to have free demos? That would be bad though just FYI if you guys ever consider doing so lol. Because then I'd never buy a thing.)

I did not like the layout of the screen or town, the controls, any of that. Its too bad. Big Bang West is a NO BUY for me, sadly.

Maybe we can all offer up some advice so they can make their next game better.

Go to: