Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Today's DD - May 14, 2013

[Post New]by Bpup on May 14, 13 3:24 PM
I bought this game when it first came out and really enjoyed it, and I'm not a big fan of most Time Management games. I like this type of TM/Builder game in which you have to clear obstacles along roadways to get to the various tasks, rather than the type of builder game that just makes you keep upgrading buildings in a city grid.

The storyline was interesting, the graphics worked well, the different locales provided a nice change of pace, and the game has the option of playing in relaxed or timed modes, so you can play it at your own speed.

For $2.99, it's a bargain.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:Today's DD - May 14, 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on May 14, 13 6:28 PM
Hi Bpup I agree!

Note: This review is based on 2 hrs 45 mins of gameplay. With an advertised 50+ levels in this game, I expect to get another 8 hrs of fun in Casual mode. In Challenge Mode...oh dear....I had better learn some TM/Strategy skills.

This is the first TM/Strategy game that I have purchased and I am absolutely thrilled with this $2.99 deal. I normally play HOPAs, with a few Match 3, straight HOGS and decorator type games. I thought that I would feel stressed with this game, but I was willing to try and am so delighted that I did!

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and Challenge. You cannot change mode mid-game, but you can play in challenge mode under the same profile and not lose your progress in casual mode. I have played 17 levels in casual mode, and 1 level in challenge mode, just to test the waters. I did not lose any progress in either mode when I chose to switch.

Casual Mode: There is no timer. It is very relaxing and helped me as a novice to learn more effective strategies without having to restart the level.

Challenge mode: There is a timer. Challenge mode offers 18 achievements.

There are no voice-overs.

MINI-GAMES:
HOS: I came across only 1 pictorial HOS in 17 levels. Objects were well drawn and very clear. There was a hint button which recharged in 30 seconds.
MarblePopper/Match 3: I came across 2 of this type of mini-game in 17 levels.

In order to clear a level, you must clear debris and rebuild infrastructure. At times, there are "special requests" from the Queen, e.g. gather 10 flowers.

Power-ups: After completing the first HOS, I had a choice of 1 out of 3 power ups.

Screen has decorative bars on either side, but I didn't notice it as much as I normally would.

Overall, I was certain that I would not like this game, as the term TM just stresses me out. I was so surprised to see my 1 hr trial pass so quickly. At the beginning, I was annoyed that the little characters seemed to move so slowly, and the needed items didn't refill as quickly as my characters were ready. However, as I progressed in levels, things started to speed up a bit, and I learned a little more. I realized that I could increase productivity in all the buildings as there were upgrades...took me 12 levels to realize that. O.K. You TM/Strategy experts...laugh away.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:Today's DD - May 14, 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on May 14, 13 6:37 PM
Well, I ran out of space.......and I do want to get back to this very addictive game.
I recommend doing the 1 hr trial, at least. This is not my preferred genre, but it is a wonderful change for me. If you're looking for an easy and entertaining introduction to the TM/Strategy genre, this is a great game, IMHO

Go to: