bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Path of Hercules technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 15, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

kythuff167
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post any The Path of Hercules technical issues here only

[Post New]by kythuff167 on May 16, 13 6:06 PM
I have played this game over an hour and half and was working fine. Think I might be on panteon. When I tried to play this evening, it loaded and after I clicked play, it would not load any farther. The cursor just circles. When I use ctrl/alt/del to open task manager, I get an error message that says "unhandled exception" I have deleted game, cleared cache, and redownloaded but still get the same results.

[Post New]by Greyboot on May 17, 13 6:19 AM
Ditto - exactly the same thing happening to me!

[Post New]by lolnerja on May 17, 13 12:23 PM
the same is happening to me just a circle going round and round

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 17, 13 12:29 PM
Hi lolnerja, Greyboot and kythuff167,

Sorry to hear that this is happening!

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help (see instructions for that by clicking on the blue text here - Uninstall/Reinstall) then please go ahead and contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix so they can take a closer look! They'll work with you directly on some additional troubleshooting steps to help get the game working again.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by mhelfand on May 25, 13 12:04 AM
I am number 4 with "Unhandled Exceptions, I sent in an email with Dr. Felix, hopeful to get my Exception handled.
TIA,
Mark

[Post New]by momcat46 on May 25, 13 7:16 PM
I am having the same frustrating problem (unhandled exception), but I am glad to know that it is not just me or my computer. Was running fine yesterday. Hope Dr. Felix will fix ASAP.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on May 28, 13 6:56 AM
Heya Fishies, welcome to the Pond!

It's great that you are already contacting our Tech Support Team with this!

I'm keeping my fins crossed for you!

bfgBiwa

jamsarnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jamsarnie on Jun 10, 13 10:56 AM
mhelfand wrote:I am number 4 with "Unhandled Exceptions, I sent in an email with Dr. Felix, hopeful to get my Exception handled.
TIA,
Mark
Same Problem FOR ME TOO tried everthing????

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 10, 13 12:33 PM
Hi jamsarnie,

I'm sorry to hear you're also encountering that error. As mentioned above, please let our Tech Support Team know what's going on so they can look into this for you.

Hopefully we'll get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by pschearer on Jun 12, 13 12:02 PM
Add me to the list of "The Path of Hercules" victims of an "Unhandled excepti" [sic]. This may be a clue: The program was working before I did a shutdown/restart today (June 12) that installed 7 updates to Microsoft Windows 7. There was also an update to Adobe Flash Player 11, though I don't know it that's relevant.

[Post New]by Tazmomtoop on Jun 12, 13 1:26 PM
I think it does have something to do with the flash update or windows updates. I've been playing this game for over a week without issue until the updates occurred. I've uninstalled/reinstalled game and flash player without success. Does anyone know how to go back to an earlier version of flash player? I've looked on adobe's site but didn't find anything. I may be looking in the wrong place though. Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 12, 13 2:15 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into that error. I'm not sure what exactly is causing that, but some Fishies have mentioned problems with Flash updates. Our Tech Support Team will be able to look into that for you and hopefully determine what can be done to get the game working normally for you again. We definitely want you to be able to finish the game!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by lellycojo on Jun 13, 13 2:51 AM
Like many others I am also having the same problem with " The Path of Hercules " and had up dates this morning.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 13, 13 3:26 AM
Hi lellycojo,

Welcome to the Pond!

I am sorry you are having this trouble with your game.

If you have already tried running some updates, it may be worthwhile to try assigning some more permissions to your game to help it run without this error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If the error persists though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by lalpalooza on Jun 23, 13 11:31 AM
I am also having the same problem after purchasing the game yesterday. I played the demo a couple of weeks ago and no problems. I sent a Dr. Felix report in. I see problems have been reported for over a month now and still no fix. I don't think I will take the chance of purchasing anymore Big Fish games until this problem is resolved. If I going to pay to play a game, I expect it to work.

[Post New]by Cobh1712 on Jul 3, 13 12:59 AM
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/22889/the-path-of-hercules/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

Did running the game as administrator work? Mine didn't stick until level 7 and I don't want to play all the way through to level 7 again only to find I am still stuck!! Could someone please let me know?

Actually I am pleased that other people got stuck, 'cos I just thought I was an utter numpty who couldn't figure it out. I'm not letting on how long I struggled for before thinking there might be a problem lol.

phi1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by phi1 on Jul 12, 13 11:49 AM
I'm having same problem with Path of Hercules and an earlier purchase of a double Atlantic Pack.
They played and then stopped with 'unhandled exception'.
Not sure I want to download anything to 'fix' my computer. I just want the games fixed so I can play them.

[Post New]by simbacong2 on Nov 1, 13 4:31 AM
I am also having a problem with unhandled exception and see that this problem existed since the middle of the year. Are there any updates?

[Post New]by Fitzaddict on Nov 3, 13 9:26 PM
Add me to the list of The Path of Hercules. I played this game many nights and tonight all I got was the black screen with cursor going in circles.

Im using a HP desktop running Windows 7.

Let me know when the game is up and running again! TXS!

Go to: