bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Path of Hercules

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 15, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Path of Hercules ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Path of Hercules page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Path of Hercules

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 15, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 15, 13 1:21 AM
I already own this game so will comment:

I love it- If you enjoy the swap Match 3 game Around the World in 80 days or Call of Atlantis you will enjoy this.

This also has relaxed mode.

Power ups and when you finish the journey you can go around again and the levels will be harder.

It is really addictive and when stuck

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on May 15, 13 2:40 AM
The hidden objects are FROGS and some are very tiny. If you have vision problems, you may feel like your eyeballs are being ripped out of your head before you locate all the pieces. MLC60

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 15, 13 3:49 AM
I did the beta for this game and thoroughly enjoyed it, finding it a fun and relaxing game, with a mix of M3s and FROGs', plus info on the stories of Hercules and the Olympian gods. I purchased the game after trying the demo, and have not been disappointed.

It is true that some of the frog items are on the small side, but I found that by looking for bright colours, it wasn't too hard to find them. The music is pleasant, the hint button works well and doesn't take too long to refill, and the graphics are nice and bright. The voice of the narrator is quite good, too.

Give it a try - you may just like it.

Jen

susangames
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by susangames on May 15, 13 6:06 AM
I bought the first Call of Atlantis and replayed it many times. After 30 minutes I purchased this one. The game for a Match 3/hidden object is thoroughly as enjoyable as the first one (IMHO). Looking forward to finishing the game and replaying it. This is a nice change from the adventure games, which I enjoy also.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on May 15, 13 9:53 AM
I did the beta on this, and have been waiting for it to come out; bought it right away (at 40% off!) and don't want to stop playing. I love it! Couldn't find an option for relaxed mode, but can't find a timer, either. Don't know what I'm missing, but I love the game, and agree with the comments by Govegirl, Mamajay, and others.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 15, 13 10:38 AM
I played about 50 min. of the demo. I thought it might be a good game with the sale. Sadly, I was disappointed. This game seems so old. It is like many, many other M3 games. It is hard to believe this comes from the same developer that did 4 Elements II. That was so much better and light years ahead of Hercules.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 15, 13 10:39 AM
This beautiful peaceful game is a wonderful followup to Call of Atlantis, with the added benefit of a Relaxed Option.

The graphics are beautiful. I love the special effects and the music too. But the standout benefit is truly the Relaxed Option which can even be changed in the middle of a level, without having to re-start it! (Note to Sandhan, the Relaxed Option is on the Options page which can be selected from the opening page or by hitting the Menu button at the top of the M-3 board).

I'm assuming this will be structured the same way as Call of Atlantis in that you can continue with multiple journeys under the same user name, thereby increasing difficulty.

I love figuring out how to maneuver the parts of each artifact to the bottom of the screen. Luckily, there is always Menu>Restart once I realize I've gotten one of the pieces into a spot I can't get it out of.

I admit I don't love the so-called Hidden Object mini's. They are fractured bits to find (love that ? for the ones I just can't spot) and also place the artifacts to restore the scene. But those mini's are a small part of this beautiful game. It's the M-3 boards that shine.

Needless to say, it's a buy for me!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 15, 13 2:48 PM
I don't mind some match 3 games, but am not a huge fan of mostly match 3. However, I was in the mood for something different, so tried it out. This one was kind of fun.

The graphics were a bit fuzzy, game play was good, music got annoying very quickly. HOG areas are very dark and items difficult to see. Hint system was helpful and filled at mid level in speed. Not a lot of instruction, but easy to figure out.

This is a very simple game for beginners, or people who just want to relax and not have to think about anything else. Not challenging, but I will put it in my puddle for a day when I need a no brainer.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on May 16, 13 2:35 AM
Great graphics but same old same old game play, same old bonus, I was hoping that there were variances, like having an odd shape or even 3d board. Some HOS with small hard to find items, mostly easy HOS, hints recharged decently

I am skipping this, those that love the previous game (cant remember the title), its another series from same developers, so go get with free stamp

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on May 16, 13 11:41 AM
Like most Match 3 games and this one is fun too. The only problem is, have the others and you get to a certain point and can't win no matter what. So think I will pass on this one.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on May 16, 13 2:35 PM
I think this game will be long enough. Looks like I have a long way to go yet. I first demoed this game from the developer and then waited until Big Fish had it. I just like keeping all my games in one place. And Big Fish does well with special prices.

The game is pretty much a straight M3 with FROG in between. Plus putting your items back into the correct spot when you have collected them. There are 12 games to every level so it will be long enough.

Timed or Untimed! Yay I really don't like timed games and this one give you the option.

Very relaxing, objects tiny but I could see them even with my bad eyesight. Just takes a little longer but with no timer, isn't that just fun?

Bought it immediately that Big Fish offered it which was only about 2 weeks after the developer first announced it.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on May 16, 13 2:40 PM
For me, this is just an ok game with a very small game play board and doesn't open in wide screen.

These developers have put out a lot of very nice M3 games. This one falls way short of the quality I am used to with their games.

May buy as a DD or a buy one/get one free sale.

I even waited an extra day to finish the demo to see if it was just my mood. It wasn't! Still the same opinion as yesterday.

Just morphed to a guppy. I don't like guppies. Nice to look at, but if you get a female guppy in the tank, look out. I think they breed faster than rabbits. LOL

Happy gaming.

Edited on 05/16/2013 at 2:48:13 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 21, 13 9:14 AM
Match 3 lovers will certainly enjoy this game as I did, and I'm not even a match 3 addict! Game is great for anyone as it does allow you to chose a timed and an untimed version...and you can even change mid game if you find, like I did that the timed version is getting a little to much on the frustrating side. I finally had to change about 2 levels past the demo stage as I knew it was getting beyond my frustration tolerance level!

Game does get tough even in the untimed level toward the end, but with a little patience and strategy, it is definately doable. You can restart the level if you feel you are blocked...but it is not impossible like I've read from other players....however, in the timed mode, I can believe that....just switch to untimed and finish enjoying the game.

Wonderful graphics and annimations. Had to keep the music tuned down which you can control via the options menu. After I finished the entire game which is a long one, it does give you an option to continue to an even higher level which I have yet to embark on....probably save that for later.

I give this game a definate 5 out of 5 for its length, versitilty and graphics...always an interesting story those imortal Greek/Roman Gods!

Edited on 05/21/2013 at 9:18:27 AM PST

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jun 21, 13 8:18 PM
After reading many reviews of this game and reading that some folks didn't find this game "much of a challenge" or a "no-brainer", I thought I was reading the wrong review! True, the logistics of the game are very simple but it is far from easy, especially played in the timed mode!
Maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was but I've never even been able to successfully complete the last level even in the relaxed mode!
The game is superb - I love games that tell a story of Greek history but , at least for me anyway, the pleasure has been offset by being unable to successfully finish the game!
I wonder if adolescents or teens play these games -I always get the impression that most of us fishies are older than that.
I've probably played and replayed this game more than any other - and I've played many, but maybe I'll get lucky and get to the end!
If I had one wish, it would be that Playrix would have made it a tad easier at the end. I can't even fathom being able to successfully finish this game in the timed mode!!!
Hats off to those who have been successful!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jun 21, 13 10:28 PM
I'm not much of an M3 player (this is only my 4th) but I've been enjoying this game. I only play relaxed and have finished the first journey. I'm almost finished with the second journey. Sometimes it seems as though it will take forever to get a piece off of a wall but with patience it is doable. Love the story (although there is at least one logic break) the graphics and the voice. The music had to be turned down.

Help me - I can't stop playing!!!!

[Post New]by Bunnyslippertrot on Jul 5, 13 12:00 PM
This has to be one of the most addictive games I have ever played. I just keep playing over and over. My goal now is to be 99 on every power up - just for something to do. I really like how you can make other matches while the previous match is still clearing. This makes playing my other favorite match 3 games slow and tedious to play now. I like the fast pace and the challenge of getting my pieces to clear paths.

I only wish that I could now stop playing the hidden object part of the game. I've played it so much that it is merely something I have to get through in order to get back to my game.

Love it! I've gotta go back to playing now...

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 29, 13 11:12 PM
I got to section 10 of the last level and just couldn't go any farther. My head was splitting trying to figure things out. I just detest when this happens. You spend all these hours and then can't finish. I would have said this was a good game, no I say it stinks. I just want to cry I'm so disappointed and angry.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 31, 13 12:07 AM
Like so many of Playrix's "new" games, this is basically a remake of Call of Atlantis. The formula and game play are almost identical, just new location, different story. I rather enjoyed Call of Atlantis from several years ago, so I might give this one a chance.

Go to: